In at Berkeley!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
askyemcdonald
Posts: 531
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: In at Berkeley!

Postby askyemcdonald » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:14 pm

Looking forward to ASW next week!

And our financial aid awards.... :D

fish52
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: In at Berkeley!

Postby fish52 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:22 pm

askyemcdonald wrote:Looking forward to ASW next week!

And our financial aid awards.... :D

Do the financial aid awards come in an email? I still haven't updated my FAFSA post-tax return... I should probably get on that...

User avatar
paisaaa
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: In at Berkeley!

Postby paisaaa » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:26 pm

aesis wrote:Booked my tickets! Southwest w00t. I'll be paying $30ish out of pocket. Not bad. Are people planning on going to bar review Thursday?


Bar review Thursday? I didn't see it on the itinerary. Anyone care to enlighten me?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: In at Berkeley!

Postby r6_philly » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:29 pm

valengina wrote:
aesis wrote:Booked my tickets! Southwest w00t. I'll be paying $30ish out of pocket. Not bad. Are people planning on going to bar review Thursday?


Bar review Thursday? I didn't see it on the itinerary. Anyone care to enlighten me?


Yes where? I was going to go to the diversity thing.

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: In at Berkeley!

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:19 pm

askyemcdonald wrote:Looking forward to ASW next week!

And our financial aid awards.... :D


Does anyone know if grant/scholarship information comes at the same time as loan info? Or are they disclosed differently?

I should probably go sift through last year's thread, but maybe one of you already have . . . ?

User avatar
IzziesGal
Posts: 764
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:11 pm

Re: In at Berkeley!

Postby IzziesGal » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:24 pm

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
askyemcdonald wrote:Looking forward to ASW next week!

And our financial aid awards.... :D


Does anyone know if grant/scholarship information comes at the same time as loan info? Or are they disclosed differently?

I should probably go sift through last year's thread, but maybe one of you already have . . . ?


It didn't for me two years back. The very last thing I got was the grant award, and I believe it was during ASW.

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: In at Berkeley!

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:45 pm

IzziesGal wrote:
BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
askyemcdonald wrote:Looking forward to ASW next week!

And our financial aid awards.... :D


Does anyone know if grant/scholarship information comes at the same time as loan info? Or are they disclosed differently?

I should probably go sift through last year's thread, but maybe one of you already have . . . ?


It didn't for me two years back. The very last thing I got was the grant award, and I believe it was during ASW.


Thanks, Izzies! You rock!

Follow up--regarding financial aid and loans, is information disbursed via the myfinaid page (don't have the exact link to paste here)? Or just the bearfacts page? My bearfacts page still reads as an error every time I try to click on the "Students" page :(

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: In at Berkeley!

Postby r6_philly » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:21 pm

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
Thanks, Izzies! You rock!

Follow up--regarding financial aid and loans, is information disbursed via the myfinaid page (don't have the exact link to paste here)? Or just the bearfacts page? My bearfacts page still reads as an error every time I try to click on the "Students" page :(


BearFacts, which links to the MyFinancialAid side if you click on status/offer letter/awards, then choose 2011-12. It used to return an error, but it has been working for me for the last week or so.

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: In at Berkeley!

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:32 pm

r6_philly wrote:
BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
Thanks, Izzies! You rock!

Follow up--regarding financial aid and loans, is information disbursed via the myfinaid page (don't have the exact link to paste here)? Or just the bearfacts page? My bearfacts page still reads as an error every time I try to click on the "Students" page :(


BearFacts, which links to the MyFinancialAid side if you click on status/offer letter/awards, then choose 2011-12. It used to return an error, but it has been working for me for the last week or so.


Interesting. I can log into bearfacts and then get to choose from among these options: "Students," "Student Resources," "Degree Audit Report," "Faculty," and "Staff." When I click on "Students," that's when I receive the error. When I click on "Student Resources," there is a bunch of general information, but nothing about financial aid or loans. :?

r6--any good new$ for you since it has been working for you for about a week or so?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: In at Berkeley!

Postby r6_philly » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:51 pm

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
Interesting. I can log into bearfacts and then get to choose from among these options: "Students," "Student Resources," "Degree Audit Report," "Faculty," and "Staff." When I click on "Students," that's when I receive the error. When I click on "Student Resources," there is a bunch of general information, but nothing about financial aid or loans. :?

r6--any good new$ for you since it has been working for you for about a week or so?


From that screen with the tower, choose Student. You will get a screen with one tab "SLR" and the other tab "Financial aid". If yours is not working yet, you may not be active in the system. I submitted my FAFSA and supplement form wayyyyy early.

I have need only right now, a little less than Penn, but the budget for Berkeley OOS is like 6000 more so the gap is sizable. No mention of merit but they say it's a separate process, so my fingers are crossed.

juliachild-ish
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: In at Berkeley!

Postby juliachild-ish » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:23 pm

Mine doesn't have an error, but when I click on any of the options under financial aid, it pops up a new MyFinAid window and it's blank under my name. Does that mean they haven't decided on me yet? I sent it my FAFSA etc. a long time ago, Feb. 1st.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: In at Berkeley!

Postby r6_philly » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:29 pm

juliachild-ish wrote:Mine doesn't have an error, but when I click on any of the options under financial aid, it pops up a new MyFinAid window and it's blank under my name. Does that mean they haven't decided on me yet? I sent it my FAFSA etc. a long time ago, Feb. 1st.


Yes if everything is put in the system you should have info populating the blank window. I used to get a different error message like "no student found", then to "calls failed on server", then to blank page, then finally one day info showed up. Still no notification though, so I don't know if it is finalized yet.

User avatar
gatorgirl4life
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Re: In at Berkeley!

Postby gatorgirl4life » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:10 pm

did we have to submit anything besides fafsa and needaccess? i can log in...but it's a blank page :(

fish52
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: In at Berkeley!

Postby fish52 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:12 pm

gatorgirl4life wrote:did we have to submit anything besides fafsa and needaccess? i can log in...but it's a blank page :(

needaccess? huh? I Just did FAFSA and that supplemental form on the admitted students website.... This process is a shitshow.

User avatar
gatorgirl4life
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Re: In at Berkeley!

Postby gatorgirl4life » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:17 pm

fish52 wrote:
gatorgirl4life wrote:did we have to submit anything besides fafsa and needaccess? i can log in...but it's a blank page :(

needaccess? huh? I Just did FAFSA and that supplemental form on the admitted students website.... This process is a shitshow.


:cry: just saw that that was already due...most other schools just need fafsa and needaccess...didn't realize that berkeley was different
Last edited by gatorgirl4life on Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: In at Berkeley!

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:17 pm

gatorgirl4life wrote:did we have to submit anything besides fafsa and needaccess? i can log in...but it's a blank page :(


You didn't have to, but there were a couple optional things:
* Need based aid form--must submit to be considered for need-based aid
* Optional scholarship form/essay--don't have to submit to be eligible for merit aid, but can if you want to add anything to your file
* Matching aid form--only required if you have a scholarship from another great school that you want Berkeley to match

My list is crude, so you should probably check the website for an actual answer.

edit: wow, I'm slow.
Last edited by BackToTheOldHouse on Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
gatorgirl4life
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Re: In at Berkeley!

Postby gatorgirl4life » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:18 pm

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
gatorgirl4life wrote:did we have to submit anything besides fafsa and needaccess? i can log in...but it's a blank page :(


You didn't have to, but there were a couple optional things:
* Need based aid form--must submit to be considered for need-based aid
* Optional scholarship form/essay--don't have to submit to be eligible for merit aid, but can if you want to add anything to your file
* Matching aid form--only required if you have a scholarship from another great school that you want Berkeley to match

My list is crude, so you should probably check the website for an actual answer.


thanks yeah i just did the matching aid form...i guess i missed the need based aid form :oops: :(

User avatar
forward
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:16 am

Re: In at Berkeley!

Postby forward » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:48 pm

I was able to get into BearFacts and see a scholarship amount, which I assume is need-based (based on the non-round amount). Can anyone else? I'm sorta disappointed.

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: In at Berkeley!

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:55 pm

forward wrote:I was able to get into BearFacts and see a scholarship amount, which I assume is need-based (based on the non-round amount). Can anyone else? I'm sorta disappointed.


Today I was finally able to see my need-based aid on the myfinaid page, but I have to get to it a different way (when I click on the "Students" link in bearfacts I get an error page. yes, I know I keep bringing this up, but it bugs me . . .). Oh, I'm not disappointed. I'm just poor.

User avatar
powerlawyer06
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:20 am

Re: In at Berkeley!

Postby powerlawyer06 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:00 pm

fish52 wrote:
gatorgirl4life wrote:did we have to submit anything besides fafsa and needaccess? i can log in...but it's a blank page :(

needaccess? huh? I Just did FAFSA and that supplemental form on the admitted students website.... This process is a shitshow.


I got my fin aid as well. I submitted the fafsa and supplemental form in January. There is no need access for Berkeley.

I was very happy with the money offered. :D

User avatar
forward
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:16 am

Re: In at Berkeley!

Postby forward » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:01 pm

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
forward wrote:I was able to get into BearFacts and see a scholarship amount, which I assume is need-based (based on the non-round amount). Can anyone else? I'm sorta disappointed.


Today I was finally able to see my need-based aid on the myfinaid page, but I have to get to it a different way (when I click on the "Students" link in bearfacts I get an error page. yes, I know I keep bringing this up, but it bugs me . . .). Oh, I'm not disappointed. I'm just poor.


As what is it listed?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: In at Berkeley!

Postby r6_philly » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:11 pm

forward wrote:I was able to get into BearFacts and see a scholarship amount, which I assume is need-based (based on the non-round amount). Can anyone else? I'm sorta disappointed.


If it is "grant" then I think it is. I asked about merit and they say it is ongoing, and if you get any merit based it will be updated.

I am happy with what I got, I can't say I expect more for need-based. I do want to get some merit money too though.

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: In at Berkeley!

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:16 pm

forward wrote:
BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
forward wrote:I was able to get into BearFacts and see a scholarship amount, which I assume is need-based (based on the non-round amount). Can anyone else? I'm sorta disappointed.


Today I was finally able to see my need-based aid on the myfinaid page, but I have to get to it a different way (when I click on the "Students" link in bearfacts I get an error page. yes, I know I keep bringing this up, but it bugs me . . .). Oh, I'm not disappointed. I'm just poor.


As what is it listed?


"Law grant"

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: In at Berkeley!

Postby ahduth » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:23 pm

gatorgirl4life wrote:
BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
gatorgirl4life wrote:did we have to submit anything besides fafsa and needaccess? i can log in...but it's a blank page :(


You didn't have to, but there were a couple optional things:
* Need based aid form--must submit to be considered for need-based aid
* Optional scholarship form/essay--don't have to submit to be eligible for merit aid, but can if you want to add anything to your file
* Matching aid form--only required if you have a scholarship from another great school that you want Berkeley to match

My list is crude, so you should probably check the website for an actual answer.


thanks yeah i just did the matching aid form...i guess i missed the need based aid form :oops: :(


Whoops. Same. I suppose I could still send them one.

User avatar
gatorgirl4life
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Re: In at Berkeley!

Postby gatorgirl4life » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:25 pm

ahduth wrote:
gatorgirl4life wrote:
BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
gatorgirl4life wrote:did we have to submit anything besides fafsa and needaccess? i can log in...but it's a blank page :(


You didn't have to, but there were a couple optional things:
* Need based aid form--must submit to be considered for need-based aid
* Optional scholarship form/essay--don't have to submit to be eligible for merit aid, but can if you want to add anything to your file
* Matching aid form--only required if you have a scholarship from another great school that you want Berkeley to match

My list is crude, so you should probably check the website for an actual answer.


thanks yeah i just did the matching aid form...i guess i missed the need based aid form :oops: :(


Whoops. Same. I suppose I could still send them one.


yeah I just did. it said the deadline was march 2, but maybeee they'll be kind?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: call-me-bubbles, Exabot [Bot], Nayanthika, siyuanff, SNightHighlights and 9 guests