In at Berkeley!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
shanemahsa

Re: In at Berkeley!

Postby shanemahsa » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:19 am

r6_philly wrote:
mrmangs wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Anyone has any insights on scholarship offers? Do we have better chances as early admits?

We can only hope. I didn't ED anywhere because $$ is the deciding factor (well, also job prospects). All things being equal though, Berkeley is my number two.

Do we all have the same #1's?

Idk, mine's CLS

mrmangs

Postby mrmangs » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:49 am

Stanford. But I am pretty stoked about Berk.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:59 am

mrmangs wrote:Stanford. But I am pretty stoked about Berk.

I agree. Figured :mrgreen:

Knock

Postby Knock » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:41 am

Tag. Congrats everyone. See you at ASW.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:45 am

Knock wrote:Tag. Congrats everyone. See you at ASW.

Obviously we know what your #1 is :P

rundoxierun

Postby rundoxierun » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:56 am

obrienfa wrote:Everyone who has gotten in so far - are you for sure going or are you still waiting to hear back from other schools before finalizing a decision?

UC-Berk on outside looking in but Im almost def checking out ASW to see if I fall in love. UC-Berk, along with Stanford, would be at the top of my list if not for economic realities.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:02 pm

tkgrrett wrote:
obrienfa wrote:Everyone who has gotten in so far - are you for sure going or are you still waiting to hear back from other schools before finalizing a decision?

UC-Berk on outside looking in but Im almost def checking out ASW to see if I fall in love. UC-Berk, along with Stanford, would be at the top of my list if not for economic realities.

Would you choose these two over Harvard? I thought you are under pressure to take H?

rundoxierun

Postby rundoxierun » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:13 pm

r6_philly wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:

Would you choose these two over Harvard? I thought you are under pressure to take H?

Yea I am but Stanford isnt totally out of the question yet. We havent had a real serious talk about it since I havent been accepted (my relationship tip #1, avoid all arguments until they can no longer be avoided) to Stanford. I really think I could talk her into Stanford if I really wanted. Im actually kind of liking Harvard a lot more than I thought I would though so it will probably come down to the visits if I get Stanford. 5 years ago I undoubtedly wouldve turned down Harvard for one of these two but with the economic uncertainty UC-Berk is probably too big a risk, relative to H, these days.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:20 pm

tkgrrett wrote:Yea I am but Stanford isnt totally out of the question yet. We havent had a real serious talk about it since I havent been accepted (my relationship tip #1, avoid all arguments until they can no longer be avoided) to Stanford. I really think I could talk her into Stanford if I really wanted. Im actually kind of liking Harvard a lot more than I thought I would though so it will probably come down to the visits if I get Stanford. 5 years ago I undoubtedly wouldve turned down Harvard for one of these two but with the economic uncertainty UC-Berk is probably too big a risk, relative to H, these days.

Everyone would be happy then! Still look forward to meeting you at ASW. I am in a similar situation but I will visit and then decide. Everyone wants me to stay at Penn, but I love the IP focus of Berkeley and Stanford. Plus I already have strong connections here, so I would like to get a west coast degree to expand my marketability. Looking forward to meeting you at ASW. I am sure many of us will be facing similar decisions then, we can probably benefit from the thought processes of others.

eskimogirl

Postby eskimogirl » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:34 pm

joining this thread too! i'm really excited about boalt! don't have any #1 per se yet but i could definitely see myself going to berkeley.

obrienfa

Postby obrienfa » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:11 pm

eskimogirl wrote:joining this thread too! i'm really excited about boalt! don't have any #1 per se yet but i could definitely see myself going to berkeley.

I am in the same boat - I keep going back and forth between Boalt, NYU and Vanderbilt.

shanemahsa

Postby shanemahsa » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:21 pm

tkgrrett wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:

Yea I am but Stanford isnt totally out of the question yet. We havent had a real serious talk about it since I havent been accepted (my relationship tip #1, avoid all arguments until they can no longer be avoided) to Stanford. I really think I could talk her into Stanford if I really wanted. Im actually kind of liking Harvard a lot more than I thought I would though so it will probably come down to the visits if I get Stanford. 5 years ago I undoubtedly wouldve turned down Harvard for one of these two but with the economic uncertainty UC-Berk is probably too big a risk, relative to H, these days.

I'm a nice guy... I'll take your spot at Harvard off of your hands if necessary.

mrmangs

Postby mrmangs » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:13 pm

tkgrrett wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:

Yeah, I can understand Harvard over Berk considering the job market. But Harvard over Stanford? I mean, either choice is phenomenal, but Stanford does seem to have the advantage with the smaller student body and all. Sounds like you have other factors to consider though.

obrienfa

Postby obrienfa » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:41 pm

Does anyone know when ASW will be yet or will we find that out when our packets are mailed?

archie&veronica

Postby archie&veronica » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:41 pm

Does anyone else's mailings section say: Decision letter mailed 12/03? I didn't get a phone call, just "admitted!" on the status checker...I'm asking because I thought I read on the other Berkeley thread that those with phone calls were told that an acceptance email would be going out, not a letter.

Wannabelawyer101

Postby Wannabelawyer101 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:44 pm

obrienfa wrote:Does anyone know when ASW will be yet or will we find that out when our packets are mailed?

Friday, April 8th.

eskimogirl

Postby eskimogirl » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:45 pm

archie&veronica wrote:Does anyone else's mailings section say: Decision letter mailed 12/03? I didn't get a phone call, just "admitted!" on the status checker...I'm asking because I thought I read on the other Berkeley thread that those with phone calls were told that an acceptance email would be going out, not a letter.

mine does.

congratulations!

archie&veronica

Postby archie&veronica » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:46 pm

eskimogirl wrote:mine does.

congratulations!

thanks!

Kiwi917

Postby Kiwi917 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:50 pm

archie&veronica wrote:Does anyone else's mailings section say: Decision letter mailed 12/03? I didn't get a phone call, just "admitted!" on the status checker...I'm asking because I thought I read on the other Berkeley thread that those with phone calls were told that an acceptance email would be going out, not a letter.

Congratulations! Dean Tom told me they would be sending a "packet" with more information in the next few weeks. I took that to mean something by regular mail, not an email. My status checker also says Decision Letter Mailed 12/3.

obrienfa

Postby obrienfa » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:58 pm

Wannabelawyer101 wrote:
obrienfa wrote:Does anyone know when ASW will be yet or will we find that out when our packets are mailed?

Friday, April 8th.

And now I get to chose between ASW and the dance marathon. Fuck.

bilbobaggins

Postby bilbobaggins » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:01 pm

I'm only going to say it once.

FUCK STANFORD.

moneko

Postby moneko » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:53 pm

stanfurd :P
bilbobaggins wrote:I'm only going to say it once.

FUCK STANFORD.

paisaaa

Postby paisaaa » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:06 pm

Anyone living in or near Berkeley get the packet today? Absolute torture having to wait for it to get all the way across the country...

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:47 pm

valengina wrote:Anyone living in or near Berkeley get the packet today? Absolute torture having to wait for it to get all the way across the country...

+1

Come on Calnet Id...

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:36 pm

Just got the email, login info to come later. I like the acceptance email, I also very much like the fact that they are increasing faculty by 40%. And the travel stipend.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”