In at Berkeley! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
aesis

Bronze

Re: In at Berkeley!

Post by aesis » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:16 pm

lol not at all

fish52

Bronze

Post by fish52 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:33 pm

Just a general FYI, the Dean of FinAid just said that ALL initial scholarship and matching scholarship offers have been made. As people deny the offers and free up money a few more offers may be extended in coming months.

:-/

dkt4

Bronze

Post by dkt4 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:48 pm

Sucks to miss the party tonight :(

sheD

New

Post by sheD » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:15 pm

Where is the house party tonight?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:00 am

sheD wrote:Where is the house party tonight?
2639 Durant

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gymboree

Silver

Post by gymboree » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:19 pm

Prof. Bundy (a civpro professor) DJ'd - amazing.

askyemcdonald

Silver

Post by askyemcdonald » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:44 pm

Ok Ok I totally forgot my spongebob pin! And I missed the diversity dinner :( I was wearing a bright red pea coat! There were so many people it feels like the chances of running into you guys was so slim! I gave the comment about Dudley taking power into his own hands and a judge not liking that though he has the same power over Dudley life. Lol not to out myself. But I hope to see you guys next year! Just found my apartment today too. So it's official! :)

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:51 pm

tipler4213 wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:
tipler4213 wrote:They just decided not to match my competing offer (why call it a "matching" program?). As much as I love Berkeley, I think this takes it off the list. GL to the rest of you.
Oh no Tip! This is very sad news for me. You're not coming to visit this weekend?
Nope. Can't miss work for what could only be classified as a vacation. To console yourself, just remember that we can always tear it up in NYC.
There should be a bunch of 0L receptions hosted at firms around the country for Berkeley admits. I went to a couple in NYC when I was a 0L. Definitely be on the look out for those.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:21 am

IzziesGal wrote: There should be a bunch of 0L receptions hosted at firms around the country for Berkeley admits. I went to a couple in NYC when I was a 0L. Definitely be on the look out for those.
New York City
Thursday, April 21, 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
at Sidley Austin

I am thinking about going.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:24 am

askyemcdonald wrote:Ok Ok I totally forgot my spongebob pin! And I missed the diversity dinner :( I was wearing a bright red pea coat! There were so many people it feels like the chances of running into you guys was so slim! I gave the comment about Dudley taking power into his own hands and a judge not liking that though he has the same power over Dudley life. Lol not to out myself. But I hope to see you guys next year! Just found my apartment today too. So it's official! :)
I was looking for the pin!!!

I sat in the front row right in front of Dean Tom, I also raised my hand when he asked "who wants to take the LSAT right now?" :mrgreen:

Tanicius

Gold

Post by Tanicius » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:49 am

r6_philly wrote:
askyemcdonald wrote:Ok Ok I totally forgot my spongebob pin! And I missed the diversity dinner :( I was wearing a bright red pea coat! There were so many people it feels like the chances of running into you guys was so slim! I gave the comment about Dudley taking power into his own hands and a judge not liking that though he has the same power over Dudley life. Lol not to out myself. But I hope to see you guys next year! Just found my apartment today too. So it's official! :)
I was looking for the pin!!!

I sat in the front row right in front of Dean Tom, I also raised my hand when he asked "who wants to take the LSAT right now?" :mrgreen:
Heh. So did FWD.

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:02 am

Excellent weekend all around. Too bad I did not get on my flght home...hoping to get on the last one tonight or sit miserably around the airport until tomorrow morning...

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:03 am

cardinals1989 wrote:Excellent weekend all around. Too bad I did not get on my flght home...hoping to get on the last one tonight or sit miserably around the airport until tomorrow morning...
I almost got bumped too. I had to sit between 2 hairy guys weighing 250 each. Then one of the took 2 bottle of those little vodkas and keep falling asleep and elbowing me ...

I hope you get on the last one!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:05 am

cardinals1989 wrote:Excellent weekend all around. Too bad I did not get on my flght home...hoping to get on the last one tonight or sit miserably around the airport until tomorrow morning...
BTW I drove off from the BBQ right as you guys were walking on the field. I wanted to stop and say bye but I was late going to the airport. Made it there right when they started boarding.

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:06 am

r6_philly wrote:
I almost got bumped too. I had to sit between 2 hairy guys weighing 250 each. Then one of the took 2 bottle of those little vodkas and keep falling asleep and elbowing me ...

I hope you get on the last one!
Effing red eye flights from West to east coasts. That sounds awful, but if I could I would sit on the floor.

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:07 am

r6_philly wrote:
BTW I drove off from the BBQ right as you guys were walking on the field. I wanted to stop and say bye but I was late going to the airport. Made it there right when they started boarding.
Yeah, sorry I didn't catch you there. We were definitely running behind bc we were considering going to San Francisco just before we went. You missed some absolutely beautiful weather today.

aesis

Bronze

Post by aesis » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:01 pm

Berkeley weather today was AMAZING. Really awesome weekend overall. House party on Friday was all kinds of ridiculous.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

fish52

Bronze

Post by fish52 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:18 pm

Had such a great time in Berkeley. I stayed in the city, so I probably saw more of San Francisco than I did of Berkeley, but I loved both. Berkeley's campus is really stunning (mostly the landscaping/forestry/location). I'm officially in love with the Bay Area. Of all the schools I've looked at, Boalt students seem to be the happiest, most grounded, and most interesting. I was beginning to feel like my admission was a fluke after meeting so many Boalties with graduate degrees from other top institutions. I appreciated how honest students were about the state of the legal market and about their debt concerns, etc. I think the fact that one of the law professors DJ'd the party on Friday night pretty much sums up Berkeley Law. Any other impressions of ASW?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:23 pm

Nothing like MVP, you either love it, or you don't. I find it hard to make a rational decision about it.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:24 pm

So who's committing? (and who's withdrawing?)

cmaas

Bronze

Post by cmaas » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:29 pm

I tentatively committed.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

paisaaa

Bronze

Post by paisaaa » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:32 pm

r6_philly wrote:So who's committing? (and who's withdrawing?)
Boalt is love. Attending.

forward

Bronze

Post by forward » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:43 pm

cmaas wrote:I tentatively committed.
but that tentative is a 95% sure thing. leaving a little wiggle room for $ negotiations, but pretty sure i'm going to enroll.

Tanicius

Gold

Post by Tanicius » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:44 pm

forward wrote:
cmaas wrote:I tentatively committed.
but that tentative is a 95% sure thing. leaving a little wiggle room for $ negotiations, but pretty sure i'm going to enroll.
Yup, same here.

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:59 pm

Glad to hear you all liked it.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”