In at Berkeley! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
r6_philly

Diamond

In at Berkeley!

Post by r6_philly » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:49 pm

I am doing the honors of creating a new thread for all admits!

Looking forward to meeting you all in April!

Join the Facebook Group

http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk= ... 15635&ap=1
Last edited by r6_philly on Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shanemahsa

Silver

Re: In at Berkeley!

Post by shanemahsa » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:04 am

Not in, but bumping so that I can follow this thread :)

Congrats in advance to everyone!

Kiwi917

Bronze

Post by Kiwi917 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:43 am

Joining the thread. :D To pick up on the housing topic from the other thread - does anyone have suggestions for good areas to find a dog-friendly apartment (or small house with a yard) within a 20-30 minute commute from campus? My bf and I have been living in a great place in downtown SF for a few years and would love to keep it, but I think the BART commute will be too tough. My worry is that it will be hard to find someplace in the East Bay that is inexpensive, convenient, relatively nice, and also allows our small dog.

cigrainger

Bronze

Post by cigrainger » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:05 am

Checking in! It would take a New York school or H (which isn't happening) to drag me from B.

ads222

Bronze

Post by ads222 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:09 am

yay! hi!

Having totally ruled Berk out early on, I changed my mind and applied in a last-minute blaze of freaking out about my LORs. And now I kinda love it. So happy and grateful to be in, and looking forward to April too!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

icecreamcicle

New

Post by icecreamcicle » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:07 am

Joining this thread :) Congratulations to everyone in so far!! See you all at ASW!

Brick_Tamlin

New

Post by Brick_Tamlin » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:29 am

I'm in! East coast guy here, been to SF and loved it but never really seen Berkeley. Can't wait to check it out in April.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:30 pm

I didn't like SF the only time I have been there. But I am open to changes. I do like the surrounding areas so I think I will like Berkeley.

obrienfa

Bronze

Post by obrienfa » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:38 pm

Everyone who has gotten in so far - are you for sure going or are you still waiting to hear back from other schools before finalizing a decision?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:03 pm

Waiting to hear back. My decision was complicated to begin with, and is even more so now.

jd2014!

Bronze

Post by jd2014! » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Waiting... Berk is tempting, but we'll see what the East Coast has to say before deciding.

bilbobaggins

Silver

Post by bilbobaggins » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:08 pm

r6_philly wrote:I didn't like SF the only time I have been there. But I am open to changes. I do like the surrounding areas so I think I will like Berkeley.
SF is a complex, textured city. Everyone will hate at least part of it, but on the flip side, I've never met someone who, having gotten to know all of it, doesn't love part of it.

NZA

Silver

Post by NZA » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:10 pm

bilbobaggins wrote:
r6_philly wrote:I didn't like SF the only time I have been there. But I am open to changes. I do like the surrounding areas so I think I will like Berkeley.
SF is a complex, textured city. Everyone will hate at least part of it, but on the flip side, I've never met someone who, having gotten to know all of it, doesn't love part of it.
SF is basically a less cool version of Seattle. :D

Plus, Boalt is across the Yay, anyway. You're not going to want to live in SF, both because of distance and expense.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

obrienfa

Bronze

Post by obrienfa » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:12 pm

When everyone was talking housing on the other thread, I started freaking out because I haven't made up my mind and thought I was the only one not saying yes immediately to berkeley.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:16 pm

obrienfa wrote:When everyone was talking housing on the other thread, I started freaking out because I haven't made up my mind and thought I was the only one not saying yes immediately to berkeley.
Ha! Would you applied ED if they offered it?

mrmangs

Silver

Post by mrmangs » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:25 pm

NZA wrote:
bilbobaggins wrote:

Plus, Boalt is across the Yay, anyway. You're not going to want to live in SF, both because of distance and expense.
Hello fellow Seattlite. SF is pretty cool though. Haven't spent enough time in it to reach a 100% for sure verdict, but I think it might beat our city.

obrienfa

Bronze

Post by obrienfa » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:56 pm

r6_philly wrote:
obrienfa wrote:When everyone was talking housing on the other thread, I started freaking out because I haven't made up my mind and thought I was the only one not saying yes immediately to berkeley.
Ha! Would you applied ED if they offered it?
No - I went into this entire process knowing I wouldn't apply ED any schools.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

artichoke

Silver

Post by artichoke » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:05 pm

mrmangs wrote:
NZA wrote:
bilbobaggins wrote:

Hello fellow Seattlite. SF is pretty cool though. Haven't spent enough time in it to reach a 100% for sure verdict, but I think it might beat our city.
Oh! Another Seattlite checking in.. Though I haven't been accepted to Berkeley yet...

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:36 pm

Anyone has any insights on scholarship offers? Do we have better chances as early admits?

Kiwi917

Bronze

Post by Kiwi917 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:00 pm

Fair point. I am not 100% decided mainly because I need to know about financial aid before I commit anywhere, but housing/commuting arrangements are definitely going to be factors in my decision. I can't imagine an offer that I would choose over Berkeley, but it is too soon to say for sure.

re-applicant

Bronze

Post by re-applicant » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:15 pm

checking in. boalt is tied for number 2 on my list after the school I EDed to.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:17 pm

re-applicant wrote:checking in. boalt is tied for number 2 on my list after the school I EDed to.
Nice knowing you for a lil bit! :D

mrmangs

Silver

Post by mrmangs » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:55 pm

r6_philly wrote:Anyone has any insights on scholarship offers? Do we have better chances as early admits?
We can only hope. I didn't ED anywhere because $$ is the deciding factor (well, also job prospects). All things being equal though, Berkeley is my number two.

shanemahsa

Silver

Post by shanemahsa » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:03 am

mrmangs wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Anyone has any insights on scholarship offers? Do we have better chances as early admits?
We can only hope. I didn't ED anywhere because $$ is the deciding factor (well, also job prospects). All things being equal though, Berkeley is my number two.
What's your #1?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:17 am

mrmangs wrote:
Do we all have the same #1's?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”