Calling All Semi-Reverse Splitters Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
js77

New

Re: Calling All Semi-Reverse Splitters

Post by js77 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:51 pm

LSAT: 165 (and one that is lower)
GPA: 3.837

In: Northeastern, Miami

Waiting On: BC, BU, Fordham, Emory, WUSTL, Penn, Indiana, Cardozo, USC

Strong softs, including work experience.

Not sure how this whole thing will turn out...yikes.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:45 am

Hey all! Anyone other SRS's with weird things happening to them at MVP?

I got accepted to UVA (OOS), flat out rejected at Michigan, and waitlisted at Penn. 167/3.95. Anyone else who applied to all 3 of these schools care to grace us with an update?

duckmoney

Silver

Post by duckmoney » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:54 am

In at UVA OOS RD, and put on hold at Michigan. I didn't write a "Why Michigan" (wrote a different supplemental essay) that might have something to do with it.

rbarcelo9

Silver

Post by rbarcelo9 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:07 pm

A little low with my GPA (3.76 but we can round up so I have somewhere to call home) 167 on LSAT. Ive gotten in at FSU UF UM.

Waiting on rejections from: USC, UT, Vandy, UCLA, Mich, Emory, Penn, NYU, Harvard, Berkeley, GULC, Northwestern, Chicago, Columbia

EDIT: Oh and UVA. And Duke

dj666

New

Post by dj666 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:15 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:Hey all! Anyone other SRS's with weird things happening to them at MVP?

I got accepted to UVA (OOS), flat out rejected at Michigan, and waitlisted at Penn. 167/3.95. Anyone else who applied to all 3 of these schools care to grace us with an update?
I got in at Michigan and Penn, and have been pending review/decision at UVA since 9/22. 167/3.89. I wrote supplemental essays for M and P, but not for V. My assumption is that they'll ding me in the relatively near future. But, then, that's been my assumption for over a month now.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:25 pm

I got in Penn, waiting on Michigan and UVa. I emailed for an update at UVa and was told that it's not quite decision time for me yet.

ppch

New

Post by ppch » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:26 pm

Last edited by ppch on Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:40 pm

ppch wrote:168/3.87. Accepted at UCLA and Georgetown so far; waiting on most of the T14 (I can dream?). I did retake the LSAT, but I had a wretched testing environment (proctor didn't read any of the instructions and therefore didn't follow them) and had to cancel. My other stuff is fairly strong but not mind-blowing. I haven't been getting my hopes up too much about any particular school, but honestly I don't really know what to expect. My top choices are probably NYU, Michigan, and Berkeley, although all of this talk about UC out-of-state tuition is freaking me out.
Yeah, I've heard stats around 74,000 for OOS including COL (Cost of Living) - freaked me out, too, but I guess the rest of the T14 schools hover around 65,000 or so, when everything is included.....in any case, it's an assload of $$

meghan4280

New

Post by meghan4280 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:43 pm

Hi all,

This forum gives me hope!
165/3.89

Accepted: GW, GULC PT, W&M, Vanderbilt, George Mason, Fordham
Waiting: Michigan, Penn, UVA, BU, American
Dream: UVA

Just emailed a LOCI yesterday - wrote Why UVA, visited...not sure what else I can do to increase my chances? OOS, non-URM. App complete and under review as of 10/31 and no movement since. Welcome to any thoughts anyone may have! Pretty positive now that UVA is where I want to go.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ppch

New

Post by ppch » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:57 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
ppch wrote:Accepted at UCLA and Georgetown so far; waiting on most of the T14 (I can dream?). I did retake the LSAT, but I had a wretched testing environment (proctor didn't read any of the instructions and therefore didn't follow them) and had to cancel. My other stuff is fairly strong but not mind-blowing. I haven't been getting my hopes up too much about any particular school, but honestly I don't really know what to expect. My top choices are probably NYU, Michigan, and Berkeley, although all of this talk about UC out-of-state tuition is freaking me out.
Yeah, I've heard stats around 74,000 for OOS including COL (Cost of Living) - freaked me out, too, but I guess the rest of the T14 schools hover around 65,000 or so, when everything is included.....in any case, it's an assload of $$
I mean, I'm hoping to take advantage of the LRAP program wherever I go (and the quality of said program may have some impact on my decision), but $74k seems a little too absurd. I don't know! Hopefully I will get into a few more schools, because at this point I might choose Georgetown for purely financial reasons, as odd as that seems.
Last edited by ppch on Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:24 pm

meghan4280 wrote:Hi all,

This forum gives me hope!
165/3.89

Accepted: GW, GULC PT, W&M, Vanderbilt, George Mason, Fordham
Waiting: Michigan, Penn, UVA, BU, American
Dream: UVA

Just emailed a LOCI yesterday - wrote Why UVA, visited...not sure what else I can do to increase my chances? OOS, non-URM. App complete and under review as of 10/31 and no movement since. Welcome to any thoughts anyone may have! Pretty positive now that UVA is where I want to go.
GULC PT and Vandy are quite impressive snags with those numbers. Congrats on your cycle so far!

123kl

Bronze

Post by 123kl » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:34 pm

123kl wrote:4.03/169

Updates
In at Georgetown, NYU, Chicago, and Harvard. Waiting on 4 schools, but my cycle is basically over.
Update... in at Penn!

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:57 pm

123kl wrote:

Updates
In at Georgetown, NYU, Chicago, and Harvard. Waiting on 4 schools, but my cycle is basically over.
Update... in at Penn!
I don't know if i would ever call someone with a 4.0+ and a 169 a splitter of any kind.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:40 pm

Flips88 wrote:
123kl wrote:

Updates
Update... in at Penn!
I don't know if i would ever call someone with a 4.0+ and a 169 a splitter of any kind.
Nobody in this thread is any sort of splitter or reverse splitter.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:47 pm

hmmm...does this mean we should disband out of respect for true splitters and r.splitters everywhere?

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:50 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:hmmm...does this mean we should disband out of respect for true splitters and r.splitters everywhere?
Where did you get that from? Nothing wrong with having a club thread on TLS, just the pretense that the term "splitter", reverse or otherwise, is in any way applicable to the criteria laid out in the OP is a little silly. And I say that as someone who meets those criteria.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:52 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:hmmm...does this mean we should disband out of respect for true splitters and r.splitters everywhere?
Where did you get that from? Nothing wrong with having a club thread on TLS, just the pretense that the term "splitter", reverse or otherwise, is in any way applicable to the criteria laid out in the OP is a little silly. And I say that as someone who meets those criteria.
i know, i was mostly being sarcastic and i wanted to use the word "disband" in a sentence

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:55 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
i know, i was mostly being sarcastic and i wanted to use the word "disband" in a sentence
Haha nice.

Anyway, figure I should contribute in addition to being a debbie downer.

168/4.0

Accepted: Texas $, Georgetown, Cornell, WUSTL, Illinois $$$$
Rejected: Nowhere yet
WLed: Nowhere yet
Waiting on: USC, UCLA, Michigan, Berkeley, NYU, Chicago (submitted NYU and Berkeley very late)

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:05 pm

me too, though i can't remember if i did already....oh well, it's a refresher

167, 3.95

in: georgetown, UVA, cornell, UMN ($$$$$)

wl: penn, uchicago

rejected: michigan (ouch son)

i've heard from everywhere so my cycle is over. i'm not going to sit on a wl anywhere and i don't want to stay in the twin cities area, so i'm going to UVA.

Smitten

New

Post by Smitten » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:33 pm

I got in at Berkeley! I just got the email a minute ago. So excited!!! At least there's one school where our GPAs count for something. :D

zcmyers

New

Post by zcmyers » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:57 pm

Smitten wrote:I got in at Berkeley! I just got the email a minute ago. So excited!!! At least there's one school where our GPAs count for something. :D
Excellent! Berkeley's one of my dream schools. Anything you'd recommend for someone who's still waiting to hear?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

annacf

New

Post by annacf » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:28 pm

This should really be titled "It's good but I would have loved 170+" because I'm sure I'm not the only one who was constantly saying that after scores came out.

Anyway, just want to contribute. I am 168, 3.87 and I got in ED to GW. I read some negativity on here, people saying you needed 170+ to get it and it affected me. But apparently that is not so. It's great to see so many people with similar stats are getting into such impressive schools!

123kl

Bronze

Post by 123kl » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:33 pm

annacf wrote:This should really be titled "It's good but I would have loved 170+" because I'm sure I'm not the only one who was constantly saying that after scores came out.

Anyway, just want to contribute. I am 168, 3.87 and I got in ED to GW. I read some negativity on here, people saying you needed 170+ to get it and it affected me. But apparently that is not so. It's great to see so many people with similar stats are getting into such impressive schools!
Agreed! Congrats to all of us! (And congrats on GW!)

Smitten

New

Post by Smitten » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:43 pm

zcmyers wrote:
Smitten wrote:I got in at Berkeley! I just got the email a minute ago. So excited!!! At least there's one school where our GPAs count for something. :D
Excellent! Berkeley's one of my dream schools. Anything you'd recommend for someone who's still waiting to hear?
Ummm...patience, grasshopper? :wink: Just kidding - it's so hard to wait! If anything this has made me more antsy about other applications.

ppch

New

Post by ppch » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:25 pm

Last edited by ppch on Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”