University of Oregon 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
SunshineKid
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:43 am

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby SunshineKid » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:05 pm

SunshineKid wrote:
crossarmant wrote:I still have not heard back yet, and with seat deposits due very soon, I'm worried. I'm guessing I'm getting a big ol' fat rejection.


+1


*sigh* ding.

User avatar
edgnarly
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby edgnarly » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:50 pm

Sarah, at least they've looked at your app. Mine is still in the pile. It didn't help my undergrad school didn't note that they had granted me a degree until March (I graduated in the mid 2000s). :evil:

kimberlymv
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:03 pm

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby kimberlymv » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:49 am

I found out I was wait listed at Oregon last week (probably late since I'm in Afghanistan). TOTAL shock since I got into U of Utah, Willamette, San Fran, and was even wait listed at U of Colorado.

157/3.6
I've been active duty Air Force for 6 years. Currently on a combat flying deployment (yep, one of very few women). I've been flying fighter aircraft for the past 3 years with 600+ hours. I don't what U of Oregon is looking for in an applicant, but according to their stats, my numbers fit the bill and I wonder how many other female combat veterans applied?

Very interesting.

User avatar
usuaggie
Posts: 585
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby usuaggie » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:50 am

kimberlymv wrote:I found out I was wait listed at Oregon last week (probably late since I'm in Afghanistan). TOTAL shock since I got into U of Utah, Willamette, San Fran, and was even wait listed at U of Colorado.

157/3.6
I've been active duty Air Force for 6 years. Currently on a combat flying deployment (yep, one of very few women). I've been flying fighter aircraft for the past 3 years with 600+ hours. I don't what U of Oregon is looking for in an applicant, but according to their stats, my numbers fit the bill and I wonder how many other female combat veterans applied?

Very interesting.



maybe you called them oregon state in your cover letter? or talked about how you can't wait to be a sooner?

User avatar
crossarmant
Posts: 1116
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:01 am

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby crossarmant » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:09 am

kimberlymv wrote:157/3.6


LSAT is at their 25% percentile? That's all I can think of, maybe undergrad institution or late application.

SarahagMont
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:27 am

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby SarahagMont » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:33 am

edgnarly wrote:Sarah, at least they've looked at your app. Mine is still in the pile. It didn't help my undergrad school didn't note that they had granted me a degree until March (I graduated in the mid 2000s). :evil:


That has to be frusterating! have you called there office? I am pretty sure Heather probubly knows me by name and wants me to quit calling so much but i called at least once a week for the last three weeks. I also sent in a Letter of Continued interest at the beginning of last week, which may have helped I was WL earlier this week. I got an additional letter of recomendations from an alum and am workign on the LOCI to keep me waitlisted so I am hoping I am not on the list long. UO is my top choice. I am even considering retaking the LSAT in June if I am still WL then.

Good luck I suggest send a LOCI if they have had your application over 3 months and start calling!!

User avatar
edgnarly
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby edgnarly » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:56 am

I called, I'm still in queue for review it looks like. I applied pretty late, and didn't go complete because of the transcript issue, which no one but Oregon noticed. I'm probably just going to retake in June or September and re-apply.

SarahagMont
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:27 am

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby SarahagMont » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:30 pm

WEll I applied in January and just heard back so don't give up hope if they didn't want you at all they probubly would have rejected you by now. If you have good numbers I wouldn't give up hope.

SarahagMont
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:27 am

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby SarahagMont » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:42 pm

Please help!
I just got WL, and I have nothing to write in my loci to stay on the waitlist.
I already wrote a why UO essay for my application, and just last week sent a loci stating that UO is my first choice and i will attend if I get in ..., and updated to my application.

What can I possible write that will be new information?

User avatar
am0rfati
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:49 pm

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby am0rfati » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:13 am

I got in off the waitlist almost immediately after I sent my LOCI - scour the website. Do research. Figure out WHY you really want to go there and be honest. Unless your "Why UO" was 5 pages, I'm sure you'll find something. Talk about what you will bring to the UO table. Think of it as an extension of your PS...

SarahagMont wrote:Please help!
I just got WL, and I have nothing to write in my loci to stay on the waitlist.
I already wrote a why UO essay for my application, and just last week sent a loci stating that UO is my first choice and i will attend if I get in ..., and updated to my application.

What can I possible write that will be new information?

jg00
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:11 pm

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby jg00 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:32 am

I still haven't heard anything from UO - granted I applied pretty late in the cycle, but stilll!!! Damnnn its so frustrating and seat deposits for other schools are also due. It sucks that I live in Canada and they only send decisions via snail mail fml! Any idea if they're still sending out acceptance letters or should I brace myself for rejection? :(

BurgerSalad
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:03 pm

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby BurgerSalad » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:47 pm

Just accepted today via snail mail!!!!!

I'm absolutely shocked after seeing all the rejections and waitlists on here and LSN. Definitely feeling very blessed right now :) I'll most likely be making the trek up to see the campus and meet with admissions next weekend and would love any tips/advice on what I should explore!

For reference - 158 / 3 non-urm and oos (like I said, I'm as shocked as you probably are)

800lb
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:56 pm

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby 800lb » Sun May 01, 2011 3:09 am

BurgerSalad wrote:Just accepted today via snail mail!!!!!

I'm absolutely shocked after seeing all the rejections and waitlists on here and LSN. Definitely feeling very blessed right now :) I'll most likely be making the trek up to see the campus and meet with admissions next weekend and would love any tips/advice on what I should explore!

For reference - 158 / 3 non-urm and oos (like I said, I'm as shocked as you probably are)

I went to the U of O for undergrad, and I love Eugene. The Law School is a on the edge of campus, and it's definitely worth it to take a broader tour, at least checking out the Rec Center and the Knight Library. Campus is really pretty, and there are lots of places to hang out and study. The bar scene around campus is really focused on the undergrad population, but if you're looking for a beer away from campus, both The Bier Stein and either of the two Cornucopia locations have solid eats and great beer selections (the Bier Stein is pretty overwhelming). Living in town as a grad student, I would check out the College Hill, East University (the Law School is on the East Side of Campus), and South Eugene neighborhoods. If you're looking for something a little more boho/hip/sometimes sketchy, check out the Whitaker. I lived in the Whit for a year, and besides having some great food (Wandering Goat Coffee roast some of the best coffee anywhere... seriously), you can access campus by bike along the river path with nary a car to slow your roll. Unless you're way up in the South Hills, most of Eugene is super easy to access by bike and public transit. Also, parking on campus is awful, so figuring out a transit plan that works for you is paramount (and there is a free van service for students, the Assault Prevention Shuttle, that can take you home in the evenings). Crap, this post is way too long already, but if you have any questions, just ask. Enjoy Eugene, and congrats!

User avatar
usuaggie
Posts: 585
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby usuaggie » Sun May 01, 2011 4:56 am

1L at Oregon if you have any questions. In the middle of study season, but I'll check back every once in a while.

User avatar
nathan.
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 3:23 pm

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby nathan. » Sun May 01, 2011 3:28 pm

what are you doing this summer? what's your favorite/least favorite parts of Oregon Law? how many football games did you go to?

User avatar
usuaggie
Posts: 585
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby usuaggie » Sun May 01, 2011 4:37 pm

nathan. wrote:what are you doing this summer? what's your favorite/least favorite parts of Oregon Law? how many football games did you go to?



I am interning for the county attorney in the town where I went to college(Logan, Utah). My fiancee lives there, it is where i'm getting married (in 4 weeks!), and where I hope to eventually end up. My favorite part about oregon is the laid back atmosphere. It is still law school, so it is stressful, but everybody is helpful. there is not an open air of competition. teachers care about individual students, for the most part. My least favorite part is the cost of tuition. i will be in some big debt. I went to every home football game except for 1, and that is because I was in Utah for thanksgiving break with my fiancee. Law students who love football go to 4-5 on average but a lot of students go to all the games and spend all day partying, and just casual fans probably go to 2-3.

ptblazer
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:27 pm

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby ptblazer » Sun May 01, 2011 4:50 pm

Go duck football (stopped in and saw the post, so had to comment)!! Not going to UO next year, but lucky for me Colorado is a Pac-10 (Pac-12) school now, so I get to see my ducks in person next fall.

topaz551
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:22 pm

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby topaz551 » Mon May 02, 2011 10:31 pm

Any good looking girls at the law school? or the university in general? :D

User avatar
usuaggie
Posts: 585
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby usuaggie » Mon May 02, 2011 11:40 pm

topaz551 wrote:Any good looking girls at the law school? or the university in general? :D



the university has some of the prettiest girls I have ever seen. the law school, not so much.

User avatar
am0rfati
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:49 pm

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby am0rfati » Tue May 03, 2011 12:36 am

usuaggie wrote:
topaz551 wrote:Any good looking girls at the law school? or the university in general? :D



the university has some of the prettiest girls I have ever seen. the law school, not so much.


Ehh...Probably should have PM'd that one.

User avatar
usuaggie
Posts: 585
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby usuaggie » Tue May 03, 2011 1:43 am

am0rfati wrote:
usuaggie wrote:
topaz551 wrote:Any good looking girls at the law school? or the university in general? :D



the university has some of the prettiest girls I have ever seen. the law school, not so much.


Ehh...Probably should have PM'd that one.


well law school girls are generally older than me, and i don't find 30 yr olds w/ kids attractive.

800lb
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:56 pm

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby 800lb » Tue May 03, 2011 2:57 am

usuaggie wrote:
am0rfati wrote:
usuaggie wrote:
topaz551 wrote:Any good looking girls at the law school? or the university in general? :D



the university has some of the prettiest girls I have ever seen. the law school, not so much.


Ehh...Probably should have PM'd that one.


well law school girls are generally older than me, and i don't find 30 yr olds w/ kids attractive.

Well, sir, may they one day find you attractive, as many of us will find ourselves with a 30 year old woman with children at some point.

User avatar
DCDuck
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby DCDuck » Tue May 03, 2011 11:10 am

Ahem. I think the ladies at the OLaw are some of the loveliest, funniest, smartest around.

2L here, I can also answer some questions if you've got them.

User avatar
samtheclam1
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:01 am

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby samtheclam1 » Tue May 03, 2011 6:33 pm

Does anyone know when they start looking at waitlists? Is it the same May/June?

User avatar
usuaggie
Posts: 585
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby usuaggie » Tue May 03, 2011 7:22 pm

samtheclam1 wrote:Does anyone know when they start looking at waitlists? Is it the same May/June?


I assume it is rolling, as people have already been getting off the WL. If you are really interested, I'd recommend writing a letter of continued interest.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bob loblaw law blog, BrainsyK, lawlawland16, Yahoo [Bot] and 17 guests