University of Oregon 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
SarahagMont
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:27 am

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby SarahagMont » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:55 am

I also submitted my application to UO in early Jan and have not heard back yet either so it's definitly not just you. Does anyone know if they have a date all the decisions will be out? I am starting to get nervious as I have seat fee deadlines looming soon and still have 4 schools left to hear back from.

lawyerorbust
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:21 am

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby lawyerorbust » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:24 pm

SarahagMont wrote:I also submitted my application to UO in early Jan and have not heard back yet either so it's definitly not just you. Does anyone know if they have a date all the decisions will be out? I am starting to get nervious as I have seat fee deadlines looming soon and still have 4 schools left to hear back from.


Just got an email saying they mailed my decision but would not let me know over email. I don't know if that means they're almost done, but they do respond to email alright (a little slow, but they do respond).

User avatar
gatorlion
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:23 am

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby gatorlion » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:18 pm

158/4.0, applied in November. No word yet. Accepted to L&C last year with $.

sidhesadie
Posts: 454
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby sidhesadie » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:36 pm

Just got my acceptance letter today, and I'm in Portland, so not that far for the mail.
So hopefully you will all get letters soon!

User avatar
ScrabbleChamp
Posts: 963
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:09 am

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:19 am

gatorlion wrote:158/4.0, applied in November. No word yet. Accepted to L&C last year with $.


You got into some good schools last year. Why did you wait a year and re-apply this cycle?

plugkev
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:57 pm

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby plugkev » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:04 am

sidhesadie wrote:Just got my acceptance letter today, and I'm in Portland, so not that far for the mail.
So hopefully you will all get letters soon!


Hey congratulations! I am in Pdx as well but did not get anything. Hopefully good news today.

plugkev
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:57 pm

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby plugkev » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:52 am

In today via envelope. Complete end of February. Resident. No money.

User avatar
ScrabbleChamp
Posts: 963
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:09 am

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:18 am

plugkev wrote:In today via envelope. Complete end of February. Resident. No money.


Congrats. #'s?

plugkev
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:57 pm

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby plugkev » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:25 am

158/3.3

User avatar
ScrabbleChamp
Posts: 963
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:09 am

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:55 am

plugkev wrote:158/3.3


Congrats, again. What the heck is taking Oregon so long to make up their mind on my app? 159/3.7.

User avatar
LilMan'sMom
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:52 pm

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby LilMan'sMom » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:55 pm

I was just accepted with a Dean's Scholarship via snail mail today. I applied in late December after receiving a fee waiver by email.

User avatar
crossarmant
Posts: 1116
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:01 am

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby crossarmant » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:55 am

They certainly are taking their sweet time. Seat deposits due in like two weeks and still haven't heard from them.

lawyerorbust
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:21 am

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby lawyerorbust » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:47 pm

LilMan'sMom wrote:I was just accepted with a Dean's Scholarship via snail mail today. I applied in late December after receiving a fee waiver by email.


Also same deal completely: free app, 10k scholarship...not sure if it's worth it.

LawyersGunsAndMoney
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:26 am

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby LawyersGunsAndMoney » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:24 am

Are a lot of people still waiting to hear from UO? Has anyone been rejected yet? I think I only saw one rejection on LSN. I went complete in early December and haven't heard back - not sure what to think about it.

SunshineKid
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:43 am

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby SunshineKid » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:10 pm

LawyersGunsAndMoney wrote:Are a lot of people still waiting to hear from UO? Has anyone been rejected yet? I think I only saw one rejection on LSN. I went complete in early December and haven't heard back - not sure what to think about it.


i went complete in january and i haven't heard anything yet either...

User avatar
ScrabbleChamp
Posts: 963
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:09 am

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:25 pm

SunshineKid wrote:
LawyersGunsAndMoney wrote:Are a lot of people still waiting to hear from UO? Has anyone been rejected yet? I think I only saw one rejection on LSN. I went complete in early December and haven't heard back - not sure what to think about it.


i went complete in january and i haven't heard anything yet either...


+1. I called a few weeks ago and was told I was in initial review, but the lady I spoke with said it could still be a while.

User avatar
samtheclam1
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:01 am

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby samtheclam1 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:25 pm

i e-mailed them a couple days ago and just received a response.

i applied mid december and had the dec lsat sent in early jan. the lady said that they mailed my decision on the 28th.

athenian
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:29 pm

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby athenian » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:56 pm

Applied back in November. Rejected today via snail mail.

User avatar
ScrabbleChamp
Posts: 963
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:09 am

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:58 pm

athenian wrote:Applied back in November. Rejected today via snail mail.


Rejected via snail mail today, too. I don't get it. 159/3.7, accepted to several T20 - T40, rejected at UO.

SunshineKid
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:43 am

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby SunshineKid » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:34 pm

ScrabbleChamp wrote:
athenian wrote:Applied back in November. Rejected today via snail mail.


Rejected via snail mail today, too. I don't get it. 159/3.7, accepted to several T20 - T40, rejected at UO.



um if you were rejected, i'm f*cked.

User avatar
lsatdalek
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:33 am

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby lsatdalek » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:48 pm

SunshineKid wrote:
ScrabbleChamp wrote:
athenian wrote:Applied back in November. Rejected today via snail mail.


Rejected via snail mail today, too. I don't get it. 159/3.7, accepted to several T20 - T40, rejected at UO.



um if you were rejected, i'm f*cked.


+1

User avatar
gokickrocks
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:13 pm

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby gokickrocks » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:34 am

SunshineKid wrote:
ScrabbleChamp wrote:
athenian wrote:Applied back in November. Rejected today via snail mail.


Rejected via snail mail today, too. I don't get it. 159/3.7, accepted to several T20 - T40, rejected at UO.



um if you were rejected, i'm f*cked.


That's weird. I had a slightly higher LSAT but much lower GPA and got in with some $

topaz551
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:22 pm

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby topaz551 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:41 pm

I got in around a month ago, sent it in 12/1 got $5,000 with 159/3.56. I was surprised because im out of state...

Thats weird that theres still so many people they havent gotten back to yet, then again on LSN they've only really sent out acceptances....

User avatar
last.chance
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:12 pm

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby last.chance » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:45 pm

I applied since the second week of November, just got a response via snail mail this morning. 6k per with heavy stipulations. My numbers are 158/2.7 oos urm. I'm definitely not attending, I'm from nyc and applied on a whim because I liked their environmental law offering. Better offers and money on the east coast for me. I almost forgot I applied. Hopefully, they can hand over my package to one of you guys quickly.

SunshineKid
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:43 am

Re: University of Oregon 2011

Postby SunshineKid » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:30 am

last.chance wrote:I applied since the second week of November, just got a response via snail mail this morning. 6k per with heavy stipulations. My numbers are 158/2.7 oos urm. I'm definitely not attending, I'm from nyc and applied on a whim because I liked their environmental law offering. Better offers and money on the east coast for me. I almost forgot I applied. Hopefully, they can hand over my package to one of you guys quickly.



ok my scores are closer to yours and i'm also a urm...
maybe theres hope for me yet?!?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: guybourdin, Kaziende, lillawyer2, mm2368 and 8 guests