Cincinnati 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
kjadkins

Re: Cincinnati 2011 Applicants

Postby kjadkins » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:53 am

Just withdrew and freed up $10k. Good luck with the rest of your cycles, everyone!

joneschr

Postby joneschr » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:05 am

I know this question has been posed previously in this thread, but has anyone succesfully negotiated more scholarship $ with UC on here? Also if anyone has any questions about housing or living in Cincinnati, I've lived here for the past 3 years since being out of undergrad and have accumulated a sizable body of knowledge about the Greater Cincinnati area.

BuckeyeBoy2011

Postby BuckeyeBoy2011 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:24 pm

joneschr wrote:I know this question has been posed previously in this thread, but has anyone succesfully negotiated more scholarship $ with UC on here? Also if anyone has any questions about housing or living in Cincinnati, I've lived here for the past 3 years since being out of undergrad and have accumulated a sizable body of knowledge about the Greater Cincinnati area.

At the Admitted Students Day I'm pretty sure they said the scholarships aren't negotiable but they could give you a small increase after the first year for doing well, but only like $500 or so.

What do you know about the Clifton area in general? Do you know anyone living in The Forum Apartments?

joneschr

Postby joneschr » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:59 pm

Thanks for the response! Yeah I ended up speaking with the admissions department a few days ago and received this same answer. Clifton is a different area. A majority of the undergrad students live around there, but it's not exactly the safest part of town. I haven't heard of the Forum Apartments, but I would probably not recommend living in Clifton if possible. While cheap rent and being able to walk to class would be nice, I'm going to opt to stay in Mt. Adams which is where I've lived the past couple years. It's about a 6 or 7 minute drive to campus and a much safer environment (with a phenomenal restaurant/bar scene if you have time for that as a 1L). It's slightly more expensive than most of the other areas in Cincinnati, but well worth it imo. How much are you looking to spend monthly in terms of rent?

BuckeyeBoy2011

Postby BuckeyeBoy2011 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:34 pm

Well I actually already signed a pre lease at the Forum Apartments. The area seemed fine to me but I spent 11 yrs of my life in more of a rougher area and 11 in a suburb so I'm not an idiot when it comes to taking care of yourself. It really didn't even seem that bad IMO. But I thought the apartments were pretty nice there, a 1 bedroom, 900 sq ft, for $680, with access to a lap pool, swimming pool and really nice work out area. I could always move it after the year if I don't like it that much.

joneschr

Postby joneschr » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:11 am

Yeah, I'm sure it will be perfectly fine and that's definitely a good deal for the amount of space you're getting and amenities. I think I'll be sending my deposit in here next week...looking forward to meeting everyone else in the Class of 2014 eventually!

BuckeyeBoy2011

Postby BuckeyeBoy2011 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:06 pm

joneschr wrote:Yeah, I'm sure it will be perfectly fine and that's definitely a good deal for the amount of space you're getting and amenities. I think I'll be sending my deposit in here next week...looking forward to meeting everyone else in the Class of 2014 eventually!

There isn't a Facebook group or anything is there? It seems like every other school I applied to has one lol

joneschr

Postby joneschr » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:59 am

BuckeyeBoy2011 wrote:
joneschr wrote:Yeah, I'm sure it will be perfectly fine and that's definitely a good deal for the amount of space you're getting and amenities. I think I'll be sending my deposit in here next week...looking forward to meeting everyone else in the Class of 2014 eventually!

There isn't a Facebook group or anything is there? It seems like every other school I applied to has one lol

I just checked and there does not appear to be a group for the class of 2014. I'm currently on vacation in Florida, so I'll take the initiative and create one since we're coming up on the first deposit deadline. Kind of funny since I haven't even sent my deposit in yet, but I'll definitely be doing it as soon as I get back to Ohio.

dans1006

Postby dans1006 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:34 pm

joneschr wrote:
BuckeyeBoy2011 wrote:

I just checked and there does not appear to be a group for the class of 2014. I'm currently on vacation in Florida, so I'll take the initiative and create one since we're coming up on the first deposit deadline. Kind of funny since I haven't even sent my deposit in yet, but I'll definitely be doing it as soon as I get back to Ohio.

I went ahead and made a facebook group. I'm putting down my deposit tomorrow and I might take some pictures to upload. Anyone planning on attending who wants to join, just follow the link below:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=236 ... 9120960621 (I think that'll work)

or search for

'University of Cincinnati College of Law - Class of 2014'

Anyone who wants to be an admin let me know once you're added.

I'm looking forward to getting to know some of my future classmates.

joneschr

Postby joneschr » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:36 pm

joneschr wrote:
BuckeyeBoy2011 wrote:

Perfect...I'll eschew the group I was going to create then. Just sent a request to join. We'll have to get a group together eventually and grab drinks somewhere around town before school starts!

dans1006

Postby dans1006 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:32 am

joneschr wrote:
joneschr wrote:
BuckeyeBoy2011 wrote:

Perfect...I'll eschew the group I was going to create then. Just sent a request to join. We'll have to get a group together eventually and grab drinks somewhere around town before school starts!

Sounds great!

gothamm

Postby gothamm » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:51 pm

does anybody know whether cincinnati offers a traveling stipend?

pearlmc

Postby pearlmc » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:57 pm

gothamm wrote:does anybody know whether cincinnati offers a traveling stipend?

I asked in my registration email for the April 15 open house and the person who replied ignored that question. Haha.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”