Cincinnati 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
cinephile
Posts: 3469
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011 Applicants

Postby cinephile » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:07 am

Got my scholarship offer yesterday, $12.5k a year.
Last edited by cinephile on Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Peekay80
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:44 am

Re: Cincinnati 2011 Applicants

Postby Peekay80 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:22 pm

Withdrew today. Excellent school and great communication throughout the process. Just ended up not being a good fit for me. Good luck to everyone else.

BuckeyeBoy2011
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:36 am

Re: Cincinnati 2011 Applicants

Postby BuckeyeBoy2011 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:33 pm

Accepted last week and really excited about it!

User avatar
dans1006
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011 Applicants

Postby dans1006 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:42 am

BuckeyeBoy2011 wrote:Accepted last week and really excited about it!


Are you going to go or are you still holding out for other accepts? Perhaps to Moritz? I'm in at UC too and won't be deciding until I hear back from OSU and one other school.

User avatar
TommyK
Posts: 1309
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011 Applicants

Postby TommyK » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:50 am

Got scholarship info - $8500/yr. This will likely take them out of the running. Good luck to all waiting on decisions.

User avatar
bendtheslurry
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011 Applicants

Postby bendtheslurry » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:40 pm

Haha I'm starting to think that I may be the only student at UC next semester.... :?

User avatar
TommyK
Posts: 1309
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011 Applicants

Postby TommyK » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:50 pm

bendtheslurry wrote:Haha I'm starting to think that I may be the only student at UC next semester.... :?


At least you'll be top of your class :lol:

User avatar
SherlockHolmes
Posts: 327
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011 Applicants

Postby SherlockHolmes » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:57 pm

TommyK wrote:
bendtheslurry wrote:Haha I'm starting to think that I may be the only student at UC next semester.... :?


At least you'll be top of your class :lol:


And last.... :wink:

User avatar
dans1006
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011 Applicants

Postby dans1006 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:56 pm

bendtheslurry wrote:Haha I'm starting to think that I may be the only student at UC next semester.... :?


I'll probably be there with you. There are only two schools that could oust UC and my guess, I'll be recieving my dings from them any day now. :)

User avatar
Kinderby
Posts: 426
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011 Applicants

Postby Kinderby » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:01 pm

Did scholarship information come with the acceptance letter or later? The Human Rights Fellowship email does have me re-intrigued.

User avatar
dans1006
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011 Applicants

Postby dans1006 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:38 pm

Kinderby wrote:Did scholarship information come with the acceptance letter or later? The Human Rights Fellowship email does have me re-intrigued.


It reportedly comes about 3 weeks later based on previous peoples' posts.

LSN2014
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:27 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011 Applicants

Postby LSN2014 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:39 pm

Does anyone know if they will pay for travel expenses to Admitted Student Day?

User avatar
SherlockHolmes
Posts: 327
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011 Applicants

Postby SherlockHolmes » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:08 pm

Just received scholarship info, so it does come after the acceptance letter if anyone was wondering.

User avatar
Kinderby
Posts: 426
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011 Applicants

Postby Kinderby » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:10 pm

SherlockHolmes wrote:Just received scholarship info, so it does come after the acceptance letter if anyone was wondering.

We were accepted at the same time, so maybe I'll get mine too!

pearlmc
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:52 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011 Applicants

Postby pearlmc » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:36 pm

SherlockHolmes wrote:Just received scholarship info, so it does come after the acceptance letter if anyone was wondering.


I got mine today too, $7500/year.

User avatar
dans1006
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011 Applicants

Postby dans1006 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:19 pm

Quick question for those who received scholarships....

Did your scholarship offer come with a letter that was supposed to inform you about "ways you can connect with Cincinnati Law"?

I'm just wondering if I might still be waiting for a scholarship offer or, if I was going to get one, would it have come along with this letter?

Thanks in advance for any info...

User avatar
Kinderby
Posts: 426
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011 Applicants

Postby Kinderby » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:03 pm

dans1006 wrote:Quick question for those who received scholarships....

Did your scholarship offer come with a letter that was supposed to inform you about "ways you can connect with Cincinnati Law"?

I'm just wondering if I might still be waiting for a scholarship offer or, if I was going to get one, would it have come along with this letter?

Yeah, I thought it was $ information when I got it, but then I just had that letter, too.

User avatar
SherlockHolmes
Posts: 327
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011 Applicants

Postby SherlockHolmes » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:04 am

dans1006 wrote:Quick question for those who received scholarships....

Did your scholarship offer come with a letter that was supposed to inform you about "ways you can connect with Cincinnati Law"?

I'm just wondering if I might still be waiting for a scholarship offer or, if I was going to get one, would it have come along with this letter?

Thanks in advance for any info...


Nope, mine came separate from that letter.

User avatar
waitlisteddd
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011 Applicants

Postby waitlisteddd » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:02 pm

for those who are admitted:

what were your complete/admitted dates?

i have only been waiting a month, but i haven't heard anything...

User avatar
cinephile
Posts: 3469
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011 Applicants

Postby cinephile » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:21 pm

waitlisteddd wrote:for those who are admitted:

what were your complete/admitted dates?

i have only been waiting a month, but i haven't heard anything...


I never got the email that said I went complete (maybe it ended up in the spam folder?). Anyway, I applied at the end of December and heard back the first Friday in February.

RTS83
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:23 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011 Applicants

Postby RTS83 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:30 pm

Withdrew from UC today. It was always between Ohio State and UC and Ohio State came through for me. Good luck to all those waiting!

User avatar
kkklick
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011 Applicants

Postby kkklick » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:01 pm

Accepted today. Will likely be withdrawing.

BuckeyeBoy2011
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:36 am

Re: Cincinnati 2011 Applicants

Postby BuckeyeBoy2011 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:17 pm

dans1006 wrote:
BuckeyeBoy2011 wrote:Accepted last week and really excited about it!


Are you going to go or are you still holding out for other accepts? Perhaps to Moritz? I'm in at UC too and won't be deciding until I hear back from OSU and one other school.


The only schools I applied to better than UC were Moritz and Vandy so I'm waiting to hear from them and see what they can offer before I really decide. So far I like the communication and general tone of people when you talk to them at UC best though. Who are you waiting to hear from?

BuckeyeBoy2011
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:36 am

Re: Cincinnati 2011 Applicants

Postby BuckeyeBoy2011 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:19 pm

SherlockHolmes wrote:
dans1006 wrote:Quick question for those who received scholarships....

Did your scholarship offer come with a letter that was supposed to inform you about "ways you can connect with Cincinnati Law"?

I'm just wondering if I might still be waiting for a scholarship offer or, if I was going to get one, would it have come along with this letter?

Thanks in advance for any info...


Nope, mine came separate from that letter.


I got both the same day but in different envelopes. The one for "ways to connect.." was addressed from the financial aid office but the actually scholarship one wasn't addressed to financial aid.

User avatar
dans1006
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011 Applicants

Postby dans1006 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:34 am

BuckeyeBoy2011 wrote:
dans1006 wrote:
BuckeyeBoy2011 wrote:Accepted last week and really excited about it!


Are you going to go or are you still holding out for other accepts? Perhaps to Moritz? I'm in at UC too and won't be deciding until I hear back from OSU and one other school.


The only schools I applied to better than UC were Moritz and Vandy so I'm waiting to hear from them and see what they can offer before I really decide. So far I like the communication and general tone of people when you talk to them at UC best though. Who are you waiting to hear from?


I'm waiting on Moritz too. I'm starting to feel UC more and more though.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: azaleafire, hammy393, hellohalo, Long shot hero, nubcs, PDX4343, sjs12 and 11 guests