University of San Francisco 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
risktaker
Posts: 687
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby risktaker » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:32 am

rocks, did you find out via mail or status checker about waitlist? Also, what r ur stats if you don't mind me asking.

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby jarofsoup » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:19 am

If he got wait listed it means that we both got wait listed. I got wait listed last year on the same date. It sucks because with a 157 I should be able to get in, but since I messed my first test up and got a 145 I only have a 152 because they average..

But if you state that you will accept part time it changes the game.

jagoo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:41 pm

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby jagoo » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:39 am

hi, would you happen to know what the numbers were for part time last year? And, is the part-time program's numbers a lot less competitive than their full time?
jarofsoup wrote:If he got wait listed it means that we both got wait listed. I got wait listed last year on the same date. It sucks because with a 157 I should be able to get in, but since I messed my first test up and got a 145 I only have a 152 because they average..

But if you state that you will accept part time it changes the game.

MrMisiu
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:43 pm

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby MrMisiu » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:35 pm

Last year's part-time numbers:
LSAT: 75th-160 M-156 25th-153
GPA: 75th-3.61 M-3.47 25th-2.96

Last year's full-time numbers:
LSAT: 75th-160 M-158 25th-156
GPA: 75th-3.57 M-3.41 25th-3.15

Last year's average numbers:
LSAT: 75th-160 M-158 25th-155
GPA: 75th-3.57 M-3.41 25th-3.12

User avatar
risktaker
Posts: 687
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby risktaker » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:33 pm

Guess that's why I didn't get in either since they average. Who the heck averages these days?! Damn. Guess I just got to kill it on the LSAT next week. F'in A!

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby jarofsoup » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:14 pm

Any news?

User avatar
gokickrocks
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:13 pm

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby gokickrocks » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:19 pm

risktaker wrote:rocks, did you find out via mail or status checker about waitlist? Also, what r ur stats if you don't mind me asking.


2.9, 160, average LSAT = mid 150's
Found out via mail. I didn't know they averaged LSAT scores either.

User avatar
risktaker
Posts: 687
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby risktaker » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:21 pm

wait listed. Hoping I can score a few points better on this weekend's LSAT to get off the wait list.

canam2011
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:43 pm

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby canam2011 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:40 pm

Has anyone gotten in with notification only by mail? or has everyone who has gotten in received an acceptance email?

I'm thinking WL for me....

MrMisiu
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:43 pm

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby MrMisiu » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:56 pm

When I got DR, a week ago almost, I received an email a few hours after my status changed, and I received a packet in the mail two days ago.

Norwood
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:13 pm

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby Norwood » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:38 pm

jarofsoup wrote:If he got wait listed it means that we both got wait listed. I got wait listed last year on the same date. It sucks because with a 157 I should be able to get in, but since I messed my first test up and got a 145 I only have a 152 because they average..

But if you state that you will accept part time it changes the game.


I know the policy is to average the scores, however they do have an incentive to take your highest score since that's what they report. Have you tried writing a letter asking them to seriously consider your highest score as an indicator of your ability?

Also, I remember last year's cycle had a bunch of waitlists throughout the cycle and they ended up pulling a lot off towards the end. Hopefully this year will be the same.

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby jarofsoup » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:34 pm

I retook and got my highest score twice... I would think that they would accept the highest. I got to send them an LOCI stating that.

lsatextreme
Posts: 523
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:18 am

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby lsatextreme » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:36 pm

I really don't understand why some schools still average LSATs. Is this their way of sticking it to USNWR?

User avatar
Krodizzle
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:51 am

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby Krodizzle » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:49 pm

Just got in via email!
Applied: 1/11
157/3.86/URM

ItsMyTimeBoston
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:55 pm

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby ItsMyTimeBoston » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:02 am

My status checker just changed to "Decision Rendered" with a date of 2/11/2011. Under mailings it reads "Decision Letter Mailed 2/11/2011". No dates/amounts under "Fees" have populated. Bad sign?

HereIGoAgain
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:31 am

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby HereIGoAgain » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:47 pm

jarofsoup wrote:If he got wait listed it means that we both got wait listed. I got wait listed last year on the same date. It sucks because with a 157 I should be able to get in, but since I messed my first test up and got a 145 I only have a 152 because they average..

But if you state that you will accept part time it changes the game.


What do you mean when you say it changes the game? Do you mean they are more likely to let you into the day program, or that they are likely to let you into the evening program? I was wait listed and tried to find out if it affects your chances, but the person I emailed never responded =( I did say I was interested in the evening program...bad idea? Good idea?

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby jarofsoup » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:50 pm

The GPA/LSAT requirements for the part time program is much lower than the full time day program.

HereIGoAgain wrote:
jarofsoup wrote:If he got wait listed it means that we both got wait listed. I got wait listed last year on the same date. It sucks because with a 157 I should be able to get in, but since I messed my first test up and got a 145 I only have a 152 because they average..

But if you state that you will accept part time it changes the game.


What do you mean when you say it changes the game? Do you mean they are more likely to let you into the day program, or that they are likely to let you into the evening program? I was wait listed and tried to find out if it affects your chances, but the person I emailed never responded =( I did say I was interested in the evening program...bad idea? Good idea?

caligulove
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:20 pm

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby caligulove » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:24 pm

in via email today. Any idea if they're sending scholly info out with decision letter? Are they being generous?

User avatar
brangara
Posts: 93
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:59 pm

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby brangara » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:33 pm

I got a second complete date as of yesterday. Did anyone else get a second complete/ what does this mean? Thanks.

User avatar
LttleBlakDress
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:49 pm

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby LttleBlakDress » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:38 pm

caligulove wrote:in via email today. Any idea if they're sending scholly info out with decision letter? Are they being generous?


I think it's supposed to be in there. And my 169 got me nothing. So no on the generosity. So lame because I am looking for a reason to stay in the Bay Area.

User avatar
SFnative
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:25 am

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby SFnative » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:39 pm

How the hell have i been INCOMPLETE since 1/25??? This school sucks at emailing and answering/returning calls, I have the numbers so why the hell wont they respond, very bitter w/ this school....

caligulove
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:20 pm

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby caligulove » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:58 pm

LttleBlakDress wrote:
caligulove wrote:in via email today. Any idea if they're sending scholly info out with decision letter? Are they being generous?


I think it's supposed to be in there. And my 169 got me nothing. So no on the generosity. So lame because I am looking for a reason to stay in the Bay Area.


Do you mean in the email? Or the decision later? I have only received the former.

caligulove
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:20 pm

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby caligulove » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:00 pm

SFnative wrote:How the hell have i been INCOMPLETE since 1/25??? This school sucks at emailing and answering/returning calls, I have the numbers so why the hell wont they respond, very bitter w/ this school....


This was the first school I applied to in late October. Did not go complete until 12/20. Did not receive a decision until 2/17. Sucks does not begin to describe it. San Francisco's too expensive anyway...

User avatar
HopelesslyOptimistic
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:36 pm

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby HopelesslyOptimistic » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:58 pm

I got accepted 2/1/10 with $35,000 first year non-renewable scholarship :)
157, 3.5. Still have yet to check out the school though.

User avatar
LttleBlakDress
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:49 pm

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby LttleBlakDress » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:12 pm

caligulove wrote:
LttleBlakDress wrote:
caligulove wrote:in via email today. Any idea if they're sending scholly info out with decision letter? Are they being generous?


I think it's supposed to be in there. And my 169 got me nothing. So no on the generosity. So lame because I am looking for a reason to stay in the Bay Area.


Do you mean in the email? Or the decision later? I have only received the former.


In the email. Has anyone negotiated a scholarship yet?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Aquinas, blahblah123, freekick, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Houzy, Snowjon, ThorB and 34 guests