University of San Francisco 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
SFnative

Bronze

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Post by SFnative » Tue May 10, 2011 3:29 pm

KiraMarie wrote:
SFnative wrote:I just spoke with a super nice admissions rep. who told me that the committee has been working slowly and those who have yet to hear a decision, it looks like its gonna take up to another 2 WEEKS!,
Do you mean from the Waitlist or is that for the people who haven't heard anything at all?
Who have heard NOTHING ....

KiraMarie

New

Post by KiraMarie » Tue May 10, 2011 3:38 pm

SFnative wrote:
KiraMarie wrote:
SFnative wrote:I just spoke with a super nice admissions rep. who told me that the committee has been working slowly and those who have yet to hear a decision, it looks like its gonna take up to another 2 WEEKS!,
Do you mean from the Waitlist or is that for the people who haven't heard anything at all?
Who have heard NOTHING ....
So would they actually pull applicants of the WL before reviewing all of the applications?!

gokickrocks

Bronze

Post by gokickrocks » Tue May 10, 2011 3:57 pm

WTF, I just got an e-mail saying that I was admitted. However, I was WL a few months ago and never turned in the form saying that I wanted to stay on the WL.

risktaker

Silver

Post by risktaker » Tue May 10, 2011 4:18 pm

gokickrocks wrote:WTF, I just got an e-mail saying that I was admitted. However, I was WL a few months ago and never turned in the form saying that I wanted to stay on the WL.
wow. That's crazy.

orachelo

Bronze

Post by orachelo » Tue May 10, 2011 5:51 pm

People on the WL--did you get the WL update that was sent today via email around 11:50? I wonder if it's going to select ppl or everyone on the WL...?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

orachelo

Bronze

Post by orachelo » Tue May 10, 2011 5:53 pm

gokickrocks wrote:WTF, I just got an e-mail saying that I was admitted. However, I was WL a few months ago and never turned in the form saying that I wanted to stay on the WL.
That's odd. Maybe send them an email to let them know to you're not interested? It might help those who are on the WL and who actually want in. :)

KiraMarie

New

Post by KiraMarie » Tue May 10, 2011 5:56 pm

orachelo wrote:People on the WL--did you get the WL update that was sent today via email around 11:50? I wonder if it's going to select ppl or everyone on the WL...?
I didn't get that message..... what exactly did it say?

mab85

New

Post by mab85 » Tue May 10, 2011 6:00 pm

KiraMarie wrote:
orachelo wrote:People on the WL--did you get the WL update that was sent today via email around 11:50? I wonder if it's going to select ppl or everyone on the WL...?
I didn't get it either...

orachelo

Bronze

Post by orachelo » Tue May 10, 2011 6:15 pm

mab85 wrote:
KiraMarie wrote:
The email is long, but here are the main points of interest:

"At this time, the Admissions Committee has decided to make additional admission offers from selected waitlisted applicants. The Admissions Committee will begin re-evaluating the waitlist pool this week. The re-evaluation process will take an additional three weeks and we expect to make approximately 75 admission offers (day and evening combined)."

BLAH BLAH BLAH

"Please note that once the re-evaluation process has concluded and all admission offers have been made, I will send an update to all remaining waitlisted applicants (not selected for admission) indicating when we may be able to make additional admit offers from the waitlist. I expect that another update will be sent no earlier than May 20."

and then a paragraph in all bold...

"Because the re-evaluation process is extremely time consuming and comprehensive, I ask that you refrain from making unnecessary calls to the Law Admissions Office druing the re-evaluation process as we would like to conclude the re-evaluation process as quickly as possible. All the information that you will need to know at this time has been outlined in this email. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated."

...here's to hoping for good news!!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

KiraMarie

New

Post by KiraMarie » Tue May 10, 2011 6:31 pm

orachelo wrote:
mab85 wrote:
KiraMarie wrote:
The email is long, but here are the main points of interest:

"At this time, the Admissions Committee has decided to make additional admission offers from selected waitlisted applicants. The Admissions Committee will begin re-evaluating the waitlist pool this week. The re-evaluation process will take an additional three weeks and we expect to make approximately 75 admission offers (day and evening combined)."

BLAH BLAH BLAH

"Please note that once the re-evaluation process has concluded and all admission offers have been made, I will send an update to all remaining waitlisted applicants (not selected for admission) indicating when we may be able to make additional admit offers from the waitlist. I expect that another update will be sent no earlier than May 20."

and then a paragraph in all bold...

"Because the re-evaluation process is extremely time consuming and comprehensive, I ask that you refrain from making unnecessary calls to the Law Admissions Office druing the re-evaluation process as we would like to conclude the re-evaluation process as quickly as possible. All the information that you will need to know at this time has been outlined in this email. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated."

...here's to hoping for good news!!

I received that email about a week ago....phew! I was nervous.

uopsu

New

Post by uopsu » Tue May 10, 2011 9:52 pm

I got a similar email weeks ago as well but not this time...I wonder what that means for me and others who didn't get the emails =(

risktaker

Silver

Post by risktaker » Wed May 11, 2011 12:11 am

uopsu wrote:I got a similar email weeks ago as well but not this time...I wonder what that means for me and others who didn't get the emails =(
It just means that we already got the email, so we did not receive it again. :lol:

uopsu

New

Post by uopsu » Wed May 11, 2011 12:25 am

risktaker wrote:
uopsu wrote:I got a similar email weeks ago as well but not this time...I wonder what that means for me and others who didn't get the emails =(
It just means that we already got the email, so we did not receive it again. :lol:
Oh I see. The 2nd round of email was for the ones going to be waitlisted. Since we were already waitlisted, we didn't get it again. =)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Capitol hillbilly

New

Post by Capitol hillbilly » Wed May 11, 2011 2:16 pm

Hi folks,

Yesterday I had the chance to hang out with a bunch of USF 3Ls and 2Ls who served on the moot court board, as they celebrated the end of the year at a bar near the school. I listened to them discussing bar prep, upcoming fellowships, favorite professors, etc., for about three hours. They may have been a unique bunch of students, but I was amazed by the network of support and camaraderie that they all had for each other, the school, and a wide-eyed prospect like myself. Several of them had done some really amazing public interest externships while in school, most notably the Keta Taylor Colby Death Penalty project, in which students are sent into several regions in the South to work on actual cases with civil rights attorneys. The person who invited me had worked in Mississippi in the program, worked with a prominent civil rights attorney in the bay area, and had just been accepted for a year long fellowship with the Innocence Project after graduation.

I listened for the inevitable discussion of "ohmygod how are we going to find jobs," but it never happened. No one seemed worried about finding work (or at least they weren't talking about it), and most of them had something lined up after graduation. All of them were very proud of the school, and enthusiastically encouraged me to choose USF over Hastings as long as I plan on staying in California to practice, and really-and-truly intend to focus on public interest (both of which, I do.) They cited the fact that USF is a much more intimate learning environment, has produced more judges, strongly encourages PI work, etc. Anyway, it was a really good review of the school. Hope this is useful to someone!

KiraMarie

New

Post by KiraMarie » Thu May 12, 2011 12:15 pm

Capitol hillbilly wrote:Hi folks,

Yesterday I had the chance to hang out with a bunch of USF 3Ls and 2Ls who served on the moot court board, as they celebrated the end of the year at a bar near the school. I listened to them discussing bar prep, upcoming fellowships, favorite professors, etc., for about three hours. They may have been a unique bunch of students, but I was amazed by the network of support and camaraderie that they all had for each other, the school, and a wide-eyed prospect like myself. Several of them had done some really amazing public interest externships while in school, most notably the Keta Taylor Colby Death Penalty project, in which students are sent into several regions in the South to work on actual cases with civil rights attorneys. The person who invited me had worked in Mississippi in the program, worked with a prominent civil rights attorney in the bay area, and had just been accepted for a year long fellowship with the Innocence Project after graduation.

I listened for the inevitable discussion of "ohmygod how are we going to find jobs," but it never happened. No one seemed worried about finding work (or at least they weren't talking about it), and most of them had something lined up after graduation. All of them were very proud of the school, and enthusiastically encouraged me to choose USF over Hastings as long as I plan on staying in California to practice, and really-and-truly intend to focus on public interest (both of which, I do.) They cited the fact that USF is a much more intimate learning environment, has produced more judges, strongly encourages PI work, etc. Anyway, it was a really good review of the school. Hope this is useful to someone!
Thanks for the info! Makes me even more excited (and anxious) to get accepted and attend!

moggendaz

New

Post by moggendaz » Thu May 12, 2011 5:55 pm

Did anyone here go to the admitted student reception? How was it?

SFnative

Bronze

Post by SFnative » Thu May 12, 2011 8:03 pm

Just checked got my DR 5/11, too bad I know its gonna be a rejection b/c they average LSAT scores :roll: .....

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

SoCow

New

Post by SoCow » Thu May 12, 2011 8:39 pm

SFnative wrote:Just checked got my DR 5/11, too bad I know its gonna be a rejection b/c they average LSAT scores :roll: .....
Don't lose hope. It says they average LSAT scores, but I still think they put a large amount of weight towards your highest score. I was admitted with my average score being well below the 25th but my highest being at the median

SFnative

Bronze

Post by SFnative » Thu May 12, 2011 8:54 pm

SoCow wrote:
SFnative wrote:Just checked got my DR 5/11, too bad I know its gonna be a rejection b/c they average LSAT scores :roll: .....
Don't lose hope. It says they average LSAT scores, but I still think they put a large amount of weight towards your highest score. I was admitted with my average score being well below the 25th but my highest being at the median
Thanks, just in a shitty mood considering the last couple of decisions have been WL's, I know at least they are not rejections, but you reach a point where you can't help but get frustrated.

SFnative

Bronze

Post by SFnative » Fri May 13, 2011 3:27 pm

and ANOTHER WL..... :?

mab85

New

Post by mab85 » Fri May 13, 2011 6:44 pm

did anyone get off the waitlist today?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

risktaker

Silver

Post by risktaker » Fri May 13, 2011 7:29 pm

nope, not me.

uopsu

New

Post by uopsu » Fri May 13, 2011 10:12 pm

Me neither...

risktaker

Silver

Post by risktaker » Mon May 16, 2011 2:37 pm

Any news for those wait listed?

rebelx13

New

Post by rebelx13 » Mon May 16, 2011 6:51 pm

I was in via WL last Friday. I withdrew my application today. Hope it opens up a spot for someone else. Good luck! In with a 153/3.7 (tier 1 undergrad).

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”