University of San Francisco 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
orachelo

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby orachelo » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:20 am

kimmym wrote:I applied January 28th! Completed February 28th. Completed again March 30th. No "decision rendered" on my status check. WTH is going on!? UGH i'm so sick of waiting! :evil:

Ditto. Been complete since mid-Jan. :shock:

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:10 am

The worse thing about USF is that they average LSAT scores. It is a bit absurd.

lawfsho

Postby lawfsho » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:28 pm

do they send out rejection letters? i've heard nothing from them since Feb :/

rebelx13

Postby rebelx13 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:54 am

got waitlisted last friday

risktaker

Postby risktaker » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:47 pm

Anyone get admitted from the waitlist yet?

mab85

Postby mab85 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:39 pm

risktaker wrote:Anyone get admitted from the waitlist yet?

According to LSN, two people have been accepted off the waitlist, one with a 163 & one with a 166... looks like they are starting at the top? Not sure why these people weren't accepted in the first place...

risktaker

Postby risktaker » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:41 pm

mab85 wrote:

According to LSN, two people have been accepted off the waitlist, one with a 163 & one with a 166... looks like they are starting at the top? Not sure why these people weren't accepted in the first place...

Probably YP and then these students must have sent LOCI's.

condor87

Postby condor87 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:12 pm

I was accepted yesterday and withdrew today.

novium

Postby novium » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:42 pm

I got accepted. Applied kind of on the late side, I guess, so I didn't hear anything until the very very end of March. I sent in a deposit really just to give me time to think about it.

My parents' lawyer is an alum, and only had good things to say about it, but the job prospects are especially concerning to me...and that's with me hoping to get out debt-free. I've got a decent, if low-paying, job in an area I hate. I'm not sure if staying would be cowardice or going would be fool-hearty.

prelawtx

Postby prelawtx » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:44 pm

"decision rendered" today..

robinhoodOO

Postby robinhoodOO » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:46 pm

prelawtx wrote:"decision rendered" today..

Let us know if you here back via email!
When did you go complete? Part-time or full-time?
GOOD LUCK!

Capitol hillbilly

Postby Capitol hillbilly » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:47 pm

Admitted to the evening program as of 4/28. USF used to be my first choice (sigh), but now the job market uncertainty has me flustered. Curse that employment data thread. Anyone else admitted but turning it down purely for job market reasons?

robinhoodOO

Postby robinhoodOO » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:04 pm

Capitol hillbilly wrote:Admitted to the evening program as of 4/28. USF used to be my first choice (sigh), but now the job market uncertainty has me flustered. Curse that employment data thread. Anyone else admitted but turning it down purely for job market reasons?

AHHA.
I knew you'd get into the evening program! GRATS...I guess (it's hard to tell considering employment statistics in the Bay Area.

My app went complete over a week later than yours and I got my second complete on 4/19. I should hear back soon...

BTW, even if I'm accepted, I'm still playing around with postponing for another year or two and trying another cycle. My situation is obviously much different than yours, but not so much that I shouldn't point out that, acectdotally at least, there are good reasons to postpone based on being debt adverse--or the like.
Then again, you'd be graduating in 2015 if you stay in the evening program. Who knows what the Bay Area market will be like then. Also consider that even moving north could improve your employment statistics just a bit (i.e. Sonoma County). I genuinely think the problem is how oversaturated the SF market is (and the economy to top it off). It is the most oversaturated market according to those employment statistics.

Keep us informed!

bnaidu

Postby bnaidu » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:48 pm

Complete 1/22, Complete 3/30, Decision Rendered 4/29

kimmym

Postby kimmym » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:40 pm

Decision rendered 4/29. Did anyone get an email or are we all getting a letter in the mail? It seems that those that were accepted got an email, and those waitlisted or declined got a letter. :|

Capitol hillbilly

Postby Capitol hillbilly » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:15 pm

kimmym wrote:Decision rendered 4/29. Did anyone get an email or are we all getting a letter in the mail? It seems that those that were accepted got an email, and those waitlisted or declined got a letter. :|

I was notified of my acceptance by email, the same day as the status checker went to DR... Good luck!

novium

Postby novium » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:26 pm

Capitol hillbilly wrote:Admitted to the evening program as of 4/28. USF used to be my first choice (sigh), but now the job market uncertainty has me flustered. Curse that employment data thread. Anyone else admitted but turning it down purely for job market reasons?

I definitely am. How do you think you'll decide?

You know, it's really kind of frustrating that all the things I'd really, passionately love to do have gone past 'impractical' all the way to 'abandon all hope, all ye who enter here'.

sUkNoIrzTforEall

Postby sUkNoIrzTforEall » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:23 pm

novium wrote:

You know, it's really kind of frustrating that all the things I'd really, passionately love to do have gone past 'impractical' all the way to 'abandon all hope, all ye who enter here'.

I know a lady who went to USF nigh upon 5 years ago and has a job in sf. Got off waitlist recently for day; paying deposit soon. Will attend=?

what do we think about usf v. scu re: job prospects? i'm a little torn on what to do here.

16k scholly at scu makes it a bit harder as well.

Capitol hillbilly

Postby Capitol hillbilly » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:20 pm

sUkNoIrzTforEall wrote:
novium wrote:

I know a lady who went to USF nigh upon 5 years ago and has a job in sf. Got off waitlist recently for day; paying deposit soon. Will attend=?

what do we think about usf v. scu re: job prospects? i'm a little torn on what to do here.

16k scholly at scu makes it a bit harder as well.

Copy that. I have yet to hear from SCU but may be in the same dilemma if I'm admitted. I guess its the locational advantage of USF vs. the ranking (and strong IP program?) of SCU. But both schools are such dogs in the employment numbers! I've already paid the deposit at Lewis and Clark but keep trying to think of ways that I could justify staying in the bay area. Dare I dream of a Hastings admit...

sUkNoIrzTforEall

Postby sUkNoIrzTforEall » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:49 pm

was rejected at hastings last week. did you visit l&c? i did, beautiful campus etc. but no scholly plus bad bad bad weather plus oregon plus super enviro?=no go.

i'm really starting to not give a piss about rankings.

anecdoctal: met quite a few lawyers in my hometown who went out of state to some lower-ish ranked schools. (tulane, l&c, etc.)

i keep returning to the mantra, outside of top 15 all schools are regional. true--but that doesn't mean you can't take the bar in any state. since i'm confusing myself, i'll stop now.
Last edited by sUkNoIrzTforEall on Wed May 25, 2011 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

novium

Postby novium » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:20 am

Yeah, but what about when two of the top 15 are in the same region? I think that might wipe out any regional benefits.

sUkNoIrzTforEall

Postby sUkNoIrzTforEall » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:02 am

students from top 15 schools go all over the country--mostly big law =la or ny.
no. california is obviously a desirable place to live.
methinks your comment is a logical fallacy.

prelawtx

Postby prelawtx » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:44 pm

robinhoodOO wrote:
prelawtx wrote:"decision rendered" today..

Let us know if you here back via email!
When did you go complete? Part-time or full-time?
GOOD LUCK!

I went complete on 2/14
full-time.

i'll definitely let you know when i hear from them!
[though i'm not too optimistic :/]

prelawtx

Postby prelawtx » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:44 pm

kimmym wrote:Decision rendered 4/29. Did anyone get an email or are we all getting a letter in the mail? It seems that those that were accepted got an email, and those waitlisted or declined got a letter. :|

aww damn..

Capitol hillbilly

Postby Capitol hillbilly » Sun May 01, 2011 12:24 am

sUkNoIrzTforEall wrote:was rejected at hastings last week. did you visit l&c? i did, beautiful campus etc. but no scholly plus bad bad bad weather plus oregon plus super enviro?=no go.

i'm really starting to not give a piss about rankings.

my fam. is in cali.

anecdoctal: met quite a few lawyers in my hometown who went out of state to some lower-ish ranked schools. (tulane, l&c, etc.)

i keep returning to the mantra, outside of top 15 all schools are regional. true--but that doesn't mean you can't take the bar in any state. since i'm confusing myself, i'll stop now.

Shoot, sorry about the Hastings ding. I'm expecting the same, LEOP is my only hope. The more I think about L&C and life in Oregon, the more I start to agree with your comments and wish I had my seat deposit back. DANG, WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO DECIDE.

I also have family in the bay area, family that I can exploit for super-cheap rent, so there's that. I guess the smart thing to do would be to compare the last decade's employment data for USF with the dismal post-2008 data, see if there's a big dip that might encourage us to be optimistic for the future. Anyone have any info like that? HELP

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”