University of San Francisco 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
love.noelle

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby love.noelle » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:28 pm

KiraMarie wrote:
ghjuio wrote:Has anyone who submitted a USF application in early March heard back from USF already? Rejection, acceptance, or waitlist are welcome. Feel free to pm too.

I was wondering the same thing! I didn't submit until March 1 and didn't go complete until March 11th. I haven't heard anything yet either.

I'm in the same boat as you guys. The only activity on my status checker was a few days ago when they assigned an @usfca email to me, but I heard they give those out randomly.

robinhoodOO

Postby robinhoodOO » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:04 pm

KiraMarie wrote:
ghjuio wrote:Has anyone who submitted a USF application in early March heard back from USF already? Rejection, acceptance, or waitlist are welcome. Feel free to pm too.

I was wondering the same thing! I didn't submit until March 1 and didn't go complete until March 11th. I haven't heard anything yet either.
Last edited by robinhoodOO on Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

LttleBlakDress

Postby LttleBlakDress » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:11 pm

Just got financial aid. Zero grants. (EFC of $3,060) withdrawing soon. :(

SoCow

Postby SoCow » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:59 pm

If you guys have the time, be sure to check out the "new student visitor program" USF provides for prospective students. You'll get a guided tour in a group of 3-4 other prospective students led by an upperclassman. You also get to sit in a class and lunch is provided.

acmass

Postby acmass » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:14 pm

bnaidu wrote:So my status has read complete 1/22, and now it reads 'complete 3/30'. FREAKING OUT! why couldn't it just say DR or keep waiting? I am assuming since I did not receive an email that its not good news. Was everyone accepted/waitlisted via email and rejections via snail mail? Seriously, losing my mind and there is not enough whiskey in my apartment to help me sleep/pass out near the porcelain throne.

I'm freaking out, too! Mine just did the exact same thing...I submitted 2/1, went complete 3/2 and yesterday it went to "complete 3/30."

robinhoodOO

Postby robinhoodOO » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:31 pm

acmass wrote:
bnaidu wrote:So my status has read complete 1/22, and now it reads 'complete 3/30'. FREAKING OUT! why couldn't it just say DR or keep waiting? I am assuming since I did not receive an email that its not good news. Was everyone accepted/waitlisted via email and rejections via snail mail? Seriously, losing my mind and there is not enough whiskey in my apartment to help me sleep/pass out near the porcelain throne.
Last edited by robinhoodOO on Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

LttleBlakDress

Postby LttleBlakDress » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:53 pm

Oh and fyi, I talked to USF admissions and the emailed acceptances were an internal mistake. (Applicants who were supposed to be sent snail mail acceptances got email notification because someone screwed up.) All decisions should be coming out by snail mail.

robinhoodOO

Postby robinhoodOO » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:55 pm

LttleBlakDress wrote:Oh and fyi, I talked to USF admissions and the emailed acceptances were an internal mistake. (Applicants who were supposed to be sent snail mail acceptances got email notification because someone screwed up.) All decisions should be coming out by snail mail.

I don't know if that's a good or bad thing, but I'm glad to know nonetheless! Thanks!

yoitsmebenny

Postby yoitsmebenny » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:04 pm

Just withdrew. Hopefully one of you guys on the WL gets my spot

tomado321

Postby tomado321 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:04 am

Has anyone tried to up their scholarship? I received a 15k scholarship, and would consider attending if they upped it. Would be happy to hear if anyone has been successful with USF on this.

Thanks!

robinhoodOO

Postby robinhoodOO » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:20 am

tomado321 wrote:Has anyone tried to up their scholarship? I received a 15k scholarship, and would consider attending if they upped it. Would be happy to hear if anyone has been successful with USF on this.

Thanks!

Anectdotally it would seem that prior posters have had little luck in negotiating scholarships. This seems to be the case with most lower end Tier 2s.

MrMisiu

Postby MrMisiu » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:47 am

Withdrew on Wednesday, a couple days after I tried to negotiate. They basically told me 'no, but if you try hard enough maybe next year.' Then gave me a breakdown of ranks and how much scholarship you'll get.

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:15 am

Last edited by jessuf on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

robinhoodOO

Postby robinhoodOO » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:00 pm

Jessuf wrote:I got waitlisted, just sent in my waitlist response form and LOCI. Hoping to get accepted to full-time and not part-time. If I don't hear anything from them by the end of this semester, I will send another LOR and updated transcript. I think my numbers are ok for this school (I'm in the middle for everything) and thought my softs were ok. Has anybody else filled out their waitlist response form yet?

If you've taken the LSAT more than once, be aware that they are one of the few remaining schools that still average LSAT scores.

So, what are your numbers, when did your app go complete and did you take the LSAT more than once?

If you are really intent on USF, with few other offers of interest--if any--there is is nothing wrong with starting in their part-time program. Among all part-time programs, I believe it ranks #20 (not that that kindof ranking is looked at), and from what I've heard, it's not overly difficult to transfer into their full-time program if you took classes with them over the summer and did well in the part-time program.

Keep us updated!

hijodehombre

Postby hijodehombre » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:14 pm

Just withdrew. I was offered a decent amount for the first year, but it was non-renewable. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

KiraMarie

Postby KiraMarie » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:03 pm

The waiting is killing me softly....

Does anyone know what is the latest that admission decisions are sent out? I applied late (complete 3/15) and don't know how much longer I can wait for a decision!

robinhoodOO

Postby robinhoodOO » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:55 pm

KiraMarie wrote:The waiting is killing me softly....

Does anyone know what is the latest that admission decisions are sent out? I applied late (complete 3/15) and don't know how much longer I can wait for a decision!

Did you apply for full or part time? I also went complete on 3/15, submitted on 2/22, but I have yet to hear back.
In general it seems that full-time applicants hear back after 6-8 weeks or so, but I'm not sure if it's the same for part-time applicants.
Either way, it seems that in general people weren't notified that a decision was rendered on their status checker until the very end of the week. It was also pointed out that henceforth they will only be snail mailing decisions--acceptance or otherwise--and not emailing applicants was a decision was rendered.
Keep us updated if you hear back!

KiraMarie

Postby KiraMarie » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:13 pm

robinhoodOO wrote:

Did you apply for full or part time? I also went complete on 3/15, submitted on 2/22, but I have yet to hear back.
In general it seems that full-time applicants hear back after 6-8 weeks or so, but I'm not sure if it's the same for part-time applicants.
Either way, it seems that in general people weren't notified that a decision was rendered on their status checker until the very end of the week. It was also pointed out that henceforth they will only be snail mailing decisions--acceptance or otherwise--and not emailing applicants was a decision was rendered.

I applied for full time. I posted a "What are my chances?" topic and it was the opinion of another poster that since I applied so late I will probably be waitlisted at USF and won't hear until June or July! I sure hope that isn't true! I will surely let you know if I hear anything! Good Luck!

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:20 pm

KiraMarie wrote:
robinhoodOO wrote:

I applied for full time. I posted a "What are my chances?" topic and it was the opinion of another poster that since I applied so late I will probably be waitlisted at USF and won't hear until June or July! I sure hope that isn't true! I will surely let you know if I hear anything! Good Luck!

I read the thread from last year with people talking about the waitlist. A lot of people were offered spots in the part-time program. Some people heard back after the first seat deposit was due, then silence.. then some more after the second seat deposit. Seems pretty typical

szimmerman

Postby szimmerman » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:00 pm

My application to USF has been complete since 3/7, so just a hair under a month. I have no idea when I'll hear back but am waiting anxiously...anyone else in the same boat??

KiraMarie

Postby KiraMarie » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:29 pm

szimmerman wrote:My application to USF has been complete since 3/7, so just a hair under a month. I have no idea when I'll hear back but am waiting anxiously...anyone else in the same boat??

Same boat.....complete 3/25. Dying a little inside everytime I see someone post their acceptances (80% happy for others and only 20% jealous :D ).

ldarling87

Postby ldarling87 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:30 am

I've been complete since 2/15 (submitted 1/31)...complete a second time on 3/11 with a school email addy assigned. Still biting my fingernails in waiting.

Did any else submit around the same time as I did? If so, any news yet? I'm hoping to hear something by the end of this week before I go on vacation until May. =/

Capitol hillbilly

Postby Capitol hillbilly » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:05 pm

Hello Everyone,
Longtime lurker, thought I'd finally join the fray. I think I'm in the same position as most of the recent posters on here: submitted 2/7, first complete around 3/7, and I just got another complete date as of 3/30. Weird that many of us are getting those exact same or very similar dates for changes in the status. I applied to the part time program... LSAT was 153 (first try), 158 second try. My UG does not give GPA (Evergreen), so it's hard to predict what they'll think of my app- but I am already in at Lewis and Clark (no $), so I'm really hoping USF comes through. I visited the campus and I loved it- and now I'm anxiously awaiting the snail man. Is it weird that this thread is so short? The other schools I applied to (Santa Clara, Hastings, L & C) have massive 25 page threads. Wonder why that is. Good luck, everybody on here!

ldarling87

Postby ldarling87 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:19 pm

Capitol hillbilly wrote:Hello Everyone,
Longtime lurker, thought I'd finally join the fray. I think I'm in the same position as most of the recent posters on here: submitted 2/7, first complete around 3/7, and I just got another complete date as of 3/30. Weird that many of us are getting those exact same or very similar dates for changes in the status. I applied to the part time program... LSAT was 153 (first try), 158 second try. My UG does not give GPA (Evergreen), so it's hard to predict what they'll think of my app- but I am already in at Lewis and Clark (no $), so I'm really hoping USF comes through. I visited the campus and I loved it- and now I'm anxiously awaiting the snail man. Is it weird that this thread is so short? The other schools I applied to (Santa Clara, Hastings, L & C) have massive 25 page threads. Wonder why that is. Good luck, everybody on here!

Same boat as you with L&C! No money. I'm not trying to loan out 60k a year. I hope USF pulls through for us! Good luck!

orachelo

Postby orachelo » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:22 pm

I think (hope) this may be the week for a wave of "decision rendered!" And hopefully it will be a wave of INS!! :lol:

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”