University of San Francisco 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
IHaveLawyers
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby IHaveLawyers » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:07 am

robinhoodOO wrote:
IHaveLawyers wrote:anyone in pt? just wanted to know what kinds scores they are taking this year. I have 155 3.6

I applied to PT w/USF, same stats. Application complete on 3/15, issued an email addy--which doesn't seem to mean much--and still waiting. Their standards are a bit lower for PT, so I wouldn't be surprised if we were both accepted.


*chest bump*

User avatar
robinhoodOO
Posts: 874
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:08 pm

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby robinhoodOO » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:13 am

IHaveLawyers wrote:
robinhoodOO wrote:
IHaveLawyers wrote:anyone in pt? just wanted to know what kinds scores they are taking this year. I have 155 3.6

I applied to PT w/USF, same stats. Application complete on 3/15, issued an email addy--which doesn't seem to mean much--and still waiting. Their standards are a bit lower for PT, so I wouldn't be surprised if we were both accepted.


*chest bump*
Last edited by robinhoodOO on Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
IHaveLawyers
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby IHaveLawyers » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:27 am

robinhoodOO wrote:
IHaveLawyers wrote:
robinhoodOO wrote:
IHaveLawyers wrote:anyone in pt? just wanted to know what kinds scores they are taking this year. I have 155 3.6

I applied to PT w/USF, same stats. Application complete on 3/15, issued an email addy--which doesn't seem to mean much--and still waiting. Their standards are a bit lower for PT, so I wouldn't be surprised if we were both accepted.


*chest bump*

HAHA. I'm actually considering deferring for the year, even if I'm accepted. I live and work north of SF and I'm not sure I'm ready to do the commute and thinking of retaking in the mean time (took the Feb test and underperformed by almost 10 points)... We'll see! Keep me posted on your yay or nay letter/email.


Yeah, I underperformed too but about 5 points. I already took it twice so I decided to take my chances. If things dont workout this cycle, I will get a head start on the next one.

User avatar
robinhoodOO
Posts: 874
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:08 pm

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby robinhoodOO » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:33 am

That seems to be the norm...There's something about the actual test day.
Let us know when and what you hear! Good luck

User avatar
robinhoodOO
Posts: 874
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:08 pm

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby robinhoodOO » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:32 pm

Any news from other waiters?

stopherwong
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:01 pm

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby stopherwong » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:11 pm

I just got the acceptance email today for full time day division. 158/3.45

Good luck to everyone else.

User avatar
jessuf
Posts: 12542
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby jessuf » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:57 am

.
Last edited by jessuf on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

orachelo
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:39 am

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby orachelo » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:26 am

stopherwong wrote:I just got the acceptance email today for full time day division. 158/3.45

Good luck to everyone else.


Congrats! When did you go complete?

orachelo
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:39 am

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby orachelo » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:29 am

Jessuf wrote:I went DR last night around 8pm (5pm SF time) but no e-mail. I was hoping that because it was so late in the day, I'd get an e-mail Mon. However, I see the previous poster received an acceptance e-mail last night, so I will assume I was WL or denied. :(

At least the wait is over!


Glad your wait is over and gl. When did you go complete?

User avatar
jessuf
Posts: 12542
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby jessuf » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:16 pm

.
Last edited by jessuf on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
robinhoodOO
Posts: 874
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:08 pm

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby robinhoodOO » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:05 pm

stopherwong wrote:I just got the acceptance email today for full time day division. 158/3.45

Good luck to everyone else.


Did you apply day or evening program? And when was your app complete?

User avatar
robinhoodOO
Posts: 874
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:08 pm

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby robinhoodOO » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:06 pm

Jessuf wrote:
orachelo wrote:
Jessuf wrote:I went DR last night around 8pm (5pm SF time) but no e-mail. I was hoping that because it was so late in the day, I'd get an e-mail Mon. However, I see the previous poster received an acceptance e-mail last night, so I will assume I was WL or denied. :(

At least the wait is over!


Glad your wait is over and gl. When did you go complete?



I submitted mid-Jan, went complete 1/26, then was contacted later about needing supplementary information about something, complete date changed to 2/14.
Last edited by robinhoodOO on Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jessuf
Posts: 12542
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby jessuf » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:50 pm

.
Last edited by jessuf on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
robinhoodOO
Posts: 874
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:08 pm

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby robinhoodOO » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:08 pm

I see. Did you receive an email from USF in the status checker?

User avatar
jessuf
Posts: 12542
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby jessuf » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:22 pm

.
Last edited by jessuf on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
robinhoodOO
Posts: 874
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:08 pm

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby robinhoodOO » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:50 pm

Jessuf wrote:
robinhoodOO wrote:I see. Did you receive an email from USF in the status checker?



I check all of the status checkers probably 3 times daily, haha - morning, afternoon, and night. I checked USF on Friday night, saw DR, but no e-mail from them.
Last edited by robinhoodOO on Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jessuf
Posts: 12542
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby jessuf » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:10 am

.
Last edited by jessuf on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shawn1724
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:14 pm

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby Shawn1724 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:11 am

Just got an acceptance e-mail with a nice first year scholarship!

I was starting to lose hope in USF after being complete for over 2 months.

User avatar
robinhoodOO
Posts: 874
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:08 pm

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby robinhoodOO » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:25 am

Shawn1724 wrote:Just got an acceptance e-mail with a nice first year scholarship!

I was starting to lose hope in USF after being complete for over 2 months.
Last edited by robinhoodOO on Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jessuf
Posts: 12542
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby jessuf » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:31 am

.
Last edited by jessuf on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

love.noelle
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:24 pm

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby love.noelle » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:47 am

Jessuf wrote:Hmm, weird. On Sunday, I had my school's .edu e-mail listed as email 1, then my gmail listed as email 2. Now when I check, I have a USF e-mail listed as email 2. I won't really take this as a sign of anything, though, because I still haven't received an e-mail from them.


I just received a USF e-mail too. I got all excited, and then I read through this thread to find out that it doesn't really mean anything. I wonder for what reason USF does this... ?

Shawn1724
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:14 pm

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby Shawn1724 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:08 am

robinhoodOO wrote:
Shawn1724 wrote:Just got an acceptance e-mail with a nice first year scholarship!

I was starting to lose hope in USF after being complete for over 2 months.


GRATS!
Your profile said your best LSAT was a 160. What were all of your LSAT scores? I know they average, so I'm curious as I have a complete app with them and I'm still waiting to hear back. Also, did you receive an email address from them in the 2nd email portion of the status checker?


158 on the first try, so a 159 average. My status checker stills says complete, so nothing has changed there. The e-mail was really unexpected after months of nothing, so hopefully you hear from them soon!

bnaidu
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:03 am

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby bnaidu » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:38 am

So my status has read complete 1/22, and now it reads 'complete 3/30'. FREAKING OUT! why couldn't it just say DR or keep waiting? I am assuming since I did not receive an email that its not good news. Was everyone accepted/waitlisted via email and rejections via snail mail? Seriously, losing my mind and there is not enough whiskey in my apartment to help me sleep/pass out near the porcelain throne.

ghjuio
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:21 pm

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby ghjuio » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:01 pm

Has anyone who submitted a USF application in early March heard back from USF already? Rejection, acceptance, or waitlist are welcome. Feel free to pm too.

KiraMarie
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:04 pm

Re: University of San Francisco 2011

Postby KiraMarie » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:11 pm

ghjuio wrote:Has anyone who submitted a USF application in early March heard back from USF already? Rejection, acceptance, or waitlist are welcome. Feel free to pm too.


I was wondering the same thing! I didn't submit until March 1 and didn't go complete until March 11th. I haven't heard anything yet either.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”