In at Denver...

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
fundamentallybroken
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:52 am

Re: In at Denver...

Postby fundamentallybroken » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:18 pm

Adrian Yale wrote:Also, does anyone mountain bike? Camp?

...And we really have to get our bar night after ASD figured out. We could meet 10-15min after out in front of the law school to figure out where we'd like to go considering what we have to take us there.

BTW Typ3, weekend ski/snowboard trips keep sounding better and better.


Camping is good, but do keep in mind that in Colorado camping season is late June to mid-September. Any earlier or later and you're going to get snowed on.

We'll get the ASD thing figured out, we still have a week and a half. There's a quad between the student union and the law library building (can't remember the name), with a circular garden in the middle where we could all meet. I'll have the duct tape.

For drinks, there's a few bars withing walking distance of the campus, so we might just want to stay close by. However,I will continue to look at options depending on where everyone is staying.

Adrian Yale
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:42 pm

Re: In at Denver...

Postby Adrian Yale » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:28 pm

fundamentallybroken wrote:
Adrian Yale wrote:Also, does anyone mountain bike? Camp?

...And we really have to get our bar night after ASD figured out. We could meet 10-15min after out in front of the law school to figure out where we'd like to go considering what we have to take us there.

BTW Typ3, weekend ski/snowboard trips keep sounding better and better.


Camping is good, but do keep in mind that in Colorado camping season is late June to mid-September. Any earlier or later and you're going to get snowed on.

We'll get the ASD thing figured out, we still have a week and a half. There's a quad between the student union and the law library building (can't remember the name), with a circular garden in the middle where we could all meet. I'll have the duct tape.

For drinks, there's a few bars withing walking distance of the campus, so we might just want to stay close by. However,I will continue to look at options depending on where everyone is staying.


I'll have the permanent marker. As long as it isn't somehow banned on airlines. Really, what the hell could you do with a permanent marker? However, someone could turn it into a weapon.

How is the camping in southern CO or out in the plains? Prairie sunrises/sets are amazing. Then again, I hate camping without trees. My Irish complexion lights up fireball fuchsia.

User avatar
typ3
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:04 am

Re: In at Denver...

Postby typ3 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:59 pm

My only requirement is that wherever we go for drink has decent food. I don't mind shelling out $. I will be with my GF and there is nothing worse than dragging someone with you to an ASD if they can't get rewarded with a free meal at some point.

User avatar
fundamentallybroken
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:52 am

Re: In at Denver...

Postby fundamentallybroken » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:28 pm

Adrian Yale wrote:
fundamentallybroken wrote:
Adrian Yale wrote:Also, does anyone mountain bike? Camp?

...And we really have to get our bar night after ASD figured out. We could meet 10-15min after out in front of the law school to figure out where we'd like to go considering what we have to take us there.

BTW Typ3, weekend ski/snowboard trips keep sounding better and better.


Camping is good, but do keep in mind that in Colorado camping season is late June to mid-September. Any earlier or later and you're going to get snowed on.

We'll get the ASD thing figured out, we still have a week and a half. There's a quad between the student union and the law library building (can't remember the name), with a circular garden in the middle where we could all meet. I'll have the duct tape.

For drinks, there's a few bars withing walking distance of the campus, so we might just want to stay close by. However,I will continue to look at options depending on where everyone is staying.


I'll have the permanent marker. As long as it isn't somehow banned on airlines. Really, what the hell could you do with a permanent marker? However, someone could turn it into a weapon.

How is the camping in southern CO or out in the plains? Prairie sunrises/sets are amazing. Then again, I hate camping without trees. My Irish complexion lights up fireball fuchsia.


Honestly I'm not sure about camping on the plains or in Southern CO, but there are plenty of state parks and national forest land all over Colorado. I've mainly done light backpacking and car camping in the mountains, mainly car camping now that I'm married with kid. Plus, that's really where all the trees are!

I'll bring a sharpie just in case the TSA finds a reason to confiscate yours.

typ, let me see what I can find about food/drink combos and I'll report back.

Pretty Lights
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: In at Denver...

Postby Pretty Lights » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:53 pm

Camping season...hmmm

I live between 7 and 8,000 feet and have camped at least once during each month of the year. With fire, decent gear, and a below zero sleeping bag you can camp comfortably any time. Its not too hard to avoid snow storms.

User avatar
Nancy_Botwin
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:51 pm

Re: In at Denver...

Postby Nancy_Botwin » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:55 pm

fundamentallybroken wrote:
Nancy_Botwin wrote:
edgnarly wrote:
Nancy_Botwin wrote:Hey, all
Just want to share some advice and insight about Denver and DU Law. I went to DU as an undergrad (and considered law school there, too) and while tuition costs are on par with most private universities, the cost of living in Denver is pretty insane and the nightlife is severely lacking. I lived in a small apartment within walking distance to campus and paid $900+utilities, etc. And the sororities and frat houses are scattered throughout the area so you have that slice of fun to deal with September-June. $800-900 is pretty much the going rate for the 1-mile radius around campus. Downtown is a whole other story. Put a 1 in front of that $900.

Aaaaaaand the nightlife. We all have heard that in law school you spend all of your days in the library, but going out in Denver is a bit of a letdown. Lodo is fun and exciting the first few times you visit but the shinyness wears off fast and you see that you're crammed into some chain bar with trashy people you thought only existed on thedirty.com (don't get me started on Cherry Creek North. There are more empty storefronts than stores/restaurants).

Public transportation sucks (light rail is expanding but won't be completely up and running for 10+ years). Basically, there's a stop at the far end of the campus that takes you downtown and to the suburbs. It's a bit of a running joke in Denver.

Also, Denver has the most lawyers per capita behind Washington DC so competition for jobs after graduation are nearly impossible to come by. And for the bar passage rate and cost, you would be better off at CU Boulder.

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but if I wasn't sure about DU Law, I would withdrawal and give someone else a shot at your spot. Denver is a nice place to visit, but at two hours from ANY skiing and a ridiculous cost of living, I would concentrate my efforts (and money) somewhere else.

That's just my two cents. I don't mean to offend anyone but this is just how I feel about Denver and DU. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!


Huh? Somebody did not like Denver. Skiing is definetly not two hours from DU, I can get from my place in Breckenridge to DU's campus in 1.5 hours. I know a part time 1L at DU who is commuting from here to DU for class. Also, Eldora is even closer to Denver, Berthoud pass for any backcountry skiers or snowboarders is 1 to 1.5 hours, and winter park is just a bit further. Then you have echo mountain, which is maybe 45 minutes, but that is severely limited terrain if you aren't a park rat.

As far as nightlife goes, Denver has lots of bars, if you couldn't find one you liked, I'm thinking you don't like bars or you didn't branch out enough. There is also Red Rocks for concerts from May - September, Rockies games, nuggets games, avalanche games, plenty of stuff to do up in the mountains, lots of concerts at Denver's assorted venues, plus Boulder another 30 minutes up the road. Mrs. Botwin, I think you have been consuming too much of your product.

Anyway, I got bounced from DU, so I won't be joining you. On a side note, to all you snowboarders- Don't call it "boarding". You are a gaper if you do this.



Ok ok, I may have come across as harsh. I like Denver just fine. It's just not what most people think it is. It's not *in* the mountains -- 45 minutes to the foothills, 1.5 to good ski resorts without traffic. My point being: You can't just jump in your car and be on the slopes in 20 minutes. I've met so many people who were surprised that Denver is in the flat lands of Colorado.

As for the nightlife, there are a lot of bars, just not the best crowd. I don't know what it is, I just don't get a good vibe.

I admit I got off track so I'll close with this: If you don't want to go to DU and you were accepted (or to any school for that matter), it would be best to withdrawal asap. I know of quite a few people out there biting their nails down to stumps waiting for their big/small envelopes. Please don't take this the wrong way. It's not my place to tell anyone what to do. Go to the school you feel is the best fit taking everything into account (city, price, bar passage rate, etc.).


STOP SAYING WITHDRAWAL. It's withdraw - if you're not sure, then withdraw.

And withdrawing doesn't necessarily magically open a spot - they accept far more than will ever matriculate, so withdrawing only gets them closer to the desired number of attendees come August. If someone is to withdraw now, it does nothing for anyone on the waitlist. Zilch, zero, nada.

Now, about your actual post: Who cares about nightlife? People are going to be going to law school, and won't be having much time to go out and drink it up every night. And if they do, I look forward to competing with their hungover asses every morning.

COL isn't cheap, but it's nothing compared to other cities on the east or west coasts. If you can't find a one bedroom for $550 or $600, you're either lazy and not looking hard enough or you're far too picky and spoiled for a college student. Find a roommate ffs.

Light rail to the west and commuter rail to the airport is slated to open by 2015. Not 10 years. Besides, if you can't make the light rail, the Colorado, Broadway, and Colfax buses work for where you want to go, you either need to buy a car or narrow down your travel plans.

Sorry, you made up the lawyers per capita thing. Straight pulled it out of your ass.

So, here's my guesses: you are either A) using an alt to rile people up (congrats!), or B) got a 150 on the LSAT, and were only 'considering' Denver Law, but wouldn't actually go there because you can't get in. Either way, cheers.



Sorry re: my improper use of "WITHDRAWAL." Old habits of being a CPA. No need to be a pretentious a-hole. But since we're towering above the rest on our high horses, "wait list" is two words. And, sure, withdrawing doesn't automatically open up a spot but it definitely helps other applicants.

And really? Creating a second account just to make people angry? If I were to make a second account, it would be to affirm my position, not negate my points about Denver and DU Law.

And Lightrail in Denver sucks. It's a sardine can during rush hour. Sure it's better than the alternative of having only buses 10 years ago, but the lines connecting to DU are limited and packed. Trust me, I've had to deal with it on a daily basis. And read a few pages back. People are talking about nightlife.

And I have no desire to spend $600 to sleep on a Murphy bed in my kitchen or live with 4 roommates. But I'm not 22 anymore and have no desire to live with anyone besides the mister. Do what you want, live where you want.

Oh, and the info about Denver having the second most attorneys per capita next to DC came from one of my professors last week at Georgetown (MSL program). So if I'm wrong on that one, I apologize. Don't call me a liar. I'm just telling you what my professor told me. I just know that there are loads of them in Denver. Colorado is ranked 7th on this list: http://www.averyindex.com/lawyers_per_capita.php but I'll do some digging on city rankings.

But I didn't post here to bring out hostility in people. I just wanted to give my honest opinion about the city and the school. I have two degrees from DU. I liked it but I just wanted to give my two cents and to let everyone know that it's not for everyone. I know that applying to law school is stressful and can bring out the worst in some people.

ktc88
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:13 pm

Re: In at Denver...

Postby ktc88 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:59 pm

So if anyone wants to get back on topic....

I just got in at Denver, emailed today.

Has anyone been accepted within the past two weeks and offered scholarship money? Does anyone think I have any chance at all at getting any?

Finally, when would be appropriate to email them asking? Should I give it a couple of days, or ASAP?

Thanks.

User avatar
Nancy_Botwin
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:51 pm

Re: In at Denver...

Postby Nancy_Botwin » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:09 pm

ktc88 wrote:So if anyone wants to get back on topic....

I just got in at Denver, emailed today.

Has anyone been accepted within the past two weeks and offered scholarship money? Does anyone think I have any chance at all at getting any?

Finally, when would be appropriate to email them asking? Should I give it a couple of days, or ASAP?

Thanks.


Sorry, all -- I apologize for getting the board off topic. I didn't intend to derail the In at DU train :) Congrats to all of those accepted! I know this goes without saying, but do your homework and go to law school where you want. Haters be damned!

User avatar
fundamentallybroken
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:52 am

Re: In at Denver...

Postby fundamentallybroken » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:27 pm

Nancy_Botwin wrote:
ktc88 wrote:So if anyone wants to get back on topic....

I just got in at Denver, emailed today.

Has anyone been accepted within the past two weeks and offered scholarship money? Does anyone think I have any chance at all at getting any?

Finally, when would be appropriate to email them asking? Should I give it a couple of days, or ASAP?

Thanks.


Sorry, all -- I apologize for getting the board off topic. I didn't intend to derail the In at DU train :) Congrats to all of those accepted! I know this goes without saying, but do your homework and go to law school where you want. Haters be damned!


Hey Nancy,

You're absolutely right, I was being a pretentious asshole, and overreacted. In my defense, I was reacting to someone new coming onto a board filled with people seriously considering moving to Denver and attending DU, and trashing their decision. Before telling people that they should seriously consider where they are going to school, it is probably safe to assume they already have, or are in the process of doing so. Telling the people in this thread that Denver sucks is neither helpful nor appropriate.

I also stand corrected on waitlist vs. wait list - one word is a verb, two words is the noun.

Finally, back on track, congratulations ktc! Some people have received scholarship info within a day, others have had to wait up to a week or two.

User avatar
Nancy_Botwin
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:51 pm

Re: In at Denver...

Postby Nancy_Botwin » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:30 am

fundamentallybroken wrote:
Nancy_Botwin wrote:
ktc88 wrote:So if anyone wants to get back on topic....

I just got in at Denver, emailed today.

Has anyone been accepted within the past two weeks and offered scholarship money? Does anyone think I have any chance at all at getting any?

Finally, when would be appropriate to email them asking? Should I give it a couple of days, or ASAP?

Thanks.


Sorry, all -- I apologize for getting the board off topic. I didn't intend to derail the In at DU train :) Congrats to all of those accepted! I know this goes without saying, but do your homework and go to law school where you want. Haters be damned!


Hey Nancy,

You're absolutely right, I was being a pretentious asshole, and overreacted. In my defense, I was reacting to someone new coming onto a board filled with people seriously considering moving to Denver and attending DU, and trashing their decision. Before telling people that they should seriously consider where they are going to school, it is probably safe to assume they already have, or are in the process of doing so. Telling the people in this thread that Denver sucks is neither helpful nor appropriate.

I also stand corrected on waitlist vs. wait list - one word is a verb, two words is the noun.

Finally, back on track, congratulations ktc! Some people have received scholarship info within a day, others have had to wait up to a week or two.


Juuuuuust to clear one more thing up: I never said Denver sucks. I'm actually a native and have two degrees from DU. But I can see how I may have come across as too negative -- Or even trying to persuade people to stay away. TOTALLY not my intention so I apologize. Maybe I'm just too protective of my fair city to see it taken over by Californians and Texans :lol: To any future Denverites out there, you'll see what I mean when they get here!

Congrats to all who have gotten in, well, everywhere! It's tough out there so getting into any law school these days is a huge accomplishment. It's a huge commitment so (not to sound like a mom or anything) take all factors into consideration -- Tuition, COL, social scene, weather, etc. It's something I've been through before and decisions like where to go to grad school aren't to be taken lightly.

User avatar
typ3
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:04 am

Re: In at Denver...

Postby typ3 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:20 am

Anyone try negotiating scholarship stipulations?

LawyersGunsAndMoney
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:26 am

Re: In at Denver...

Postby LawyersGunsAndMoney » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:43 am

Pretty Lights wrote:Camping season...hmmm

I live between 7 and 8,000 feet and have camped at least once during each month of the year. With fire, decent gear, and a below zero sleeping bag you can camp comfortably any time. Its not too hard to avoid snow storms.


Yea, you can camp any time of year as long as you have the right gear (I’d recommend shopping at REI) and pay attention to the weather. I live in Breckenridge and camp year-round (I actually just got home from camping less than an hour ago). I prefer the Great Sand Dunes, mountains, foothills, and plateau region over the plains, but it is all a matter of preference. You will never run out of places to camp.

Omega10
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:58 am

Re: In at Denver...

Postby Omega10 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:00 am

ktc88 wrote:So if anyone wants to get back on topic....

I just got in at Denver, emailed today.

Has anyone been accepted within the past two weeks and offered scholarship money? Does anyone think I have any chance at all at getting any?

Finally, when would be appropriate to email them asking? Should I give it a couple of days, or ASAP?

Thanks.



ktc-- I was accepted in Feb, and still haven't received scholarship info... but I did get an email about the Chancellor Scholarship timeline-- making their decisions sometime in the end of March. My thoughts are that they are waiting to offer me a different scholly option until the Chancellor is determined...? I basically submitted my Chancellor app and admissions app near the same time, so they knew I was on the list. Or at least that is how I'm rationalizing things because I fully expect to get some sort of merit award to DU, but am growing impatient. :)

I know people who applied last year, also somewhat late in the app cycle, and they had to send an email to financial aid before they were offered anything! As the cycle wears on, it seems that the staff holds back to see who approaches them to express their interest (and also who withdraws their money from the scholarship pool). I would definitely send them an email, but since you just got in I would probably wait a week to see if something shows up in the meantime. Fingers crossed!

User avatar
fundamentallybroken
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:52 am

Re: In at Denver...

Postby fundamentallybroken » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:04 am

LawyersGunsAndMoney wrote:
Pretty Lights wrote:Camping season...hmmm

I live between 7 and 8,000 feet and have camped at least once during each month of the year. With fire, decent gear, and a below zero sleeping bag you can camp comfortably any time. Its not too hard to avoid snow storms.


Yea, you can camp any time of year as long as you have the right gear (I’d recommend shopping at REI) and pay attention to the weather. I live in Breckenridge and camp year-round (I actually just got home from camping less than an hour ago). I prefer the Great Sand Dunes, mountains, foothills, and plateau region over the plains, but it is all a matter of preference. You will never run out of places to camp.


This is true - you can camp at any time of the year as long as you have the right gear. I should qualify my remarks on camping season by saying that I prefer to camp when it is warm, I can wear shorts and a t-shirt while hiking, and can hang out in the sunshine at my campsite instead of huddle in my tent so I don't get wet and/or freeze.

I did the arctic camping thing a few times in my younger days, and have no desire to do it anymore!

User avatar
IamAskier
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:32 pm

Re: In at Denver...

Postby IamAskier » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:48 pm

15 minutes after ASD on the lawn/quad thing in front of the law school sounds good to me.

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: In at Denver...

Postby chrisbru » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:49 pm

typ3 wrote:Anyone try negotiating scholarship stipulations?


I did, and he said he'd take it to the committee for review but to "not be overly optomistic." That was almost a month ago, and no response yet...

User avatar
typ3
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:04 am

Re: In at Denver...

Postby typ3 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:07 pm

chrisbru wrote:
typ3 wrote:Anyone try negotiating scholarship stipulations?


I did, and he said he'd take it to the committee for review but to "not be overly optomistic." That was almost a month ago, and no response yet...


That was for an increase though, correct? Did you also ask about removing the 3.0?

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: In at Denver...

Postby chrisbru » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:23 pm

typ3 wrote:
chrisbru wrote:
typ3 wrote:Anyone try negotiating scholarship stipulations?


I did, and he said he'd take it to the committee for review but to "not be overly optomistic." That was almost a month ago, and no response yet...


That was for an increase though, correct? Did you also ask about removing the 3.0?



Yup. Didn't ask about removing the stipulation though...

User avatar
IHaveLawyers
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: In at Denver...

Postby IHaveLawyers » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:00 pm

Hey guys, just went complete for the PT program. Anyone know average stats for that this cycle?

User avatar
IamAskier
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:32 pm

Re: In at Denver...

Postby IamAskier » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:41 pm

Typ3, I just looked at your profile for the first time, and WOW. I mean absolutely no offense (as it would be a pleasure to be your future classmate) but are you really considering DU over Columbia and Michigan, WITH a scholly?! Anyways, congrats.

User avatar
typ3
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:04 am

Re: In at Denver...

Postby typ3 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:18 am

IamAskier wrote:Typ3, I just looked at your profile for the first time, and WOW. I mean absolutely no offense (as it would be a pleasure to be your future classmate) but are you really considering DU over Columbia and Michigan, WITH a scholly?! Anyways, congrats.


Yes. I think I've posted about this situation before. The GF is applying to CU Denver for her masters program. Also, I have post grad employment at an established firm already lined up so I just need a degree and skiing on the weekends sounds a lot better than grinding every minute at a top 5 or top 10 law school.

I certainly don't think I could coast at DU, but it would be a lot easier to succeed there than say at Chicago or Columbia or Michigan for that matter.

User avatar
IamAskier
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:32 pm

Re: In at Denver...

Postby IamAskier » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:46 am

typ3 wrote:
IamAskier wrote:Typ3, I just looked at your profile for the first time, and WOW. I mean absolutely no offense (as it would be a pleasure to be your future classmate) but are you really considering DU over Columbia and Michigan, WITH a scholly?! Anyways, congrats.


Yes. I think I've posted about this situation before. The GF is applying to CU Denver for her masters program. Also, I have post grad employment at an established firm already lined up so I just need a degree and skiing on the weekends sounds a lot better than grinding every minute at a top 5 or top 10 law school.

I certainly don't think I could coast at DU, but it would be a lot easier to succeed there than say at Chicago or Columbia or Michigan for that matter.

Ya, I would probably do the same if I had employment already lined up. The free law school education at DU is not too shabby either, plus the skiing is totally understandable (one of the major reasons I'm staying in the intermountain region as well).

On a totally DU-unrelated topic, is a CU Denver a pretty good school. My GF is on a 5 year degree track, so she still has 2 years of UG left here at Utah. We're pondering both coming out in the fall when I start, establishing residency, and then her finishing at CU Denver with in-state tuition.

User avatar
typ3
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:04 am

Re: In at Denver...

Postby typ3 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:49 am

IamAskier wrote:
typ3 wrote:
IamAskier wrote:Typ3, I just looked at your profile for the first time, and WOW. I mean absolutely no offense (as it would be a pleasure to be your future classmate) but are you really considering DU over Columbia and Michigan, WITH a scholly?! Anyways, congrats.


Yes. I think I've posted about this situation before. The GF is applying to CU Denver for her masters program. Also, I have post grad employment at an established firm already lined up so I just need a degree and skiing on the weekends sounds a lot better than grinding every minute at a top 5 or top 10 law school.

I certainly don't think I could coast at DU, but it would be a lot easier to succeed there than say at Chicago or Columbia or Michigan for that matter.

Ya, I would probably do the same if I had employment already lined up. The free law school education at DU is not too shabby either, plus the skiing is totally understandable (one of the major reasons I'm staying in the intermountain region as well).

On a totally DU-unrelated topic, is a CU Denver a pretty good school. My GF is on a 5 year degree track, so she still has 2 years of UG left here at Utah. We're pondering both coming out in the fall when I start, establishing residency, and then her finishing at CU Denver with in-state tuition.


CU Denver is where the medical / dental / public health/ hospital administration schools are. If she is into those things... then yes it is. Otherwise I can't really speak much about the school.

lfp
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:40 pm

Re: In at Denver...

Postby lfp » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:24 pm

Who's up for rekindling a Chancellor Scholarship freak out? Apparently we are to hear sometime by the end of March... are we thinking there's an interview before this, or is it purely based off of the scholarship application?

greyfoxhound2985
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:54 am

Re: In at Denver...

Postby greyfoxhound2985 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:49 pm

lfp wrote:Who's up for rekindling a Chancellor Scholarship freak out? Apparently we are to hear sometime by the end of March... are we thinking there's an interview before this, or is it purely based off of the scholarship application?



If there were interviews they would have let us know by now. I think the decision goes purely off of the application. I'm hoping to hear by next week though, they said by no later than the end of the month, though it looks like a lot of people applied to it so that could make the wait longer.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kaziende, mm2368, proteinshake, uhwrestler and 12 guests