In at Denver... Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mrwarre85

Silver

Re: In at Denver...

Post by mrwarre85 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:49 pm

chrisbru wrote:
mrwarre85 wrote:wow full tuition from Iowa? was that an admissions scholarship or a special one? congrats now you have a no brain decision.
Admissions scholarship. I'm in-state, so probably trying to fill their mandatory 50% Iowa resident quota that the board of regents gives them.

Dude that is just awesome. Even if you fall out of top 1/3 that would make the two offers about equal I think.

sabenser

Bronze

Post by sabenser » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:02 pm

Seriously Denver. Get back to me please. Schools that I applied to, weeks after you, have already made decisions on my app. I even paid the application fee to show I was serious about attending.

Are you mad that that my supplemental statement was so long? It was optional so lets just pretend it never happened.

mrwarre85

Silver

Post by mrwarre85 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:19 pm

sabenser wrote:Seriously Denver. Get back to me please. Schools that I applied to, weeks after you, have already made decisions on my app. I even paid the application fee to show I was serious about attending.

Are you mad that that my supplemental statement was so long? It was optional so lets just pretend it never happened.
When did you apply?

sabenser

Bronze

Post by sabenser » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:35 pm

mrwarre85 wrote:
sabenser wrote:Seriously Denver. Get back to me please. Schools that I applied to, weeks after you, have already made decisions on my app. I even paid the application fee to show I was serious about attending.

When did you apply?
20 Dec without a reportable LSAT, complete on 12 Jan. I know it hasn't been long. I'm just whining cause I thought it'd be a quick turnaround like every other TT I applied to and I have my sights on Denver more than other schools.

mrwarre85

Silver

Post by mrwarre85 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:06 pm

sabenser wrote:
mrwarre85 wrote:

When did you apply?
20 Dec without a reportable LSAT, complete on 12 Jan. I know it hasn't been long. I'm just whining cause I thought it'd be a quick turnaround like every other TT I applied to and I have my sights on Denver more than other schools.
Looked up your stats and if you had a good statement you will definitely get in and get a scholarship. Did you submit a Why DU? If not you should email it to the dean of admissions with a short and polite email. Tell them how interested you are; I bet they get a lot of kids with your stats who apply but end up going Tier 1.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sabenser

Bronze

Post by sabenser » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:28 pm

mrwarre85 wrote:
sabenser wrote:
mrwarre85 wrote:

When did you apply?
Looked up your stats and if you had a good statement you will definitely get in and get a scholarship. Did you submit a Why DU? If not you should email it to the dean of admissions with a short and polite email. Tell them how interested you are; I bet they get a lot of kids with your stats who apply but end up going Tier 1.
No Why DU essay. At the time, I didn't think to write essays that weren't mentioned in the app (like how Notre Dame mentions it). (sigh) Yeah, I guess I'll email the admissions person who I've emailed in the past and ask about the status of my app.

My statement was pretty passé but can't imagine it hurt, unless they have something against cancer survivors, ha.

sabenser

Bronze

Post by sabenser » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:09 pm

Yay, in by email. I didn't write them about my app, it just happened to come today.

mrwarre85

Silver

Post by mrwarre85 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:20 pm

Should get a scholly in a few days if the past is any indication.

fuzzypeach

New

Post by fuzzypeach » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:22 pm

Woohoo! In via email. To bad I can't actually afford to go! Moving to Denver though anyway with plans to get a job, retake the LSAT, and reassess my situation in a year!

Can't wait to hang out in the mountains all the time!!!

When is ASD? I'll be out there skiing March 18-23rd.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mrwarre85

Silver

Post by mrwarre85 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:28 pm

fuzzypeach wrote:Woohoo! In via email. To bad I can't actually afford to go! Moving to Denver though anyway with plans to get a job, retake the LSAT, and reassess my situation in a year!

Can't wait to hang out in the mountains all the time!!!

When is ASD? I'll be out there skiing March 18-23rd.
Its the 25th, just after your trip.

Ford Prefect

Bronze

Post by Ford Prefect » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:48 pm

In today via email. Good times.

fundamentallybroken

Silver

Post by fundamentallybroken » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:24 pm

Congrats all new admits!

It's looking more and more like I'll be sending my seat deposit to DU come April!

IamAskier

Bronze

Post by IamAskier » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:36 pm

Anyone been successful negotiating more scholly? 5K more would really seal the deal for me.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jayman6

Bronze

Post by jayman6 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:10 pm

IamAskier wrote:Anyone been successful negotiating more scholly? 5K more would really seal the deal for me.
I was unsuccessful. They said the max is 25k. I thought the same thing about the 5k, though.

Ford Prefect

Bronze

Post by Ford Prefect » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:16 pm

Do any of you know if they potentially increase scholarships for 2L/3L? And is there a stipulation on the scholarships that any of you have received?

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:43 pm

I wouldn't ask for your application to be re-reviewed at this stage for scholarships. Wait until April or a little later when they have more of their class filled before you try to leverage.

Otherwise they are just likely to so no and you can't ask a second time after they say you can't increase your scholarship. So, why not be patient and wait until they are looking to fill seats and reach their medians.

seaboot

New

Post by seaboot » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:14 am

Ford Prefect wrote: And is there a stipulation on the scholarships that any of you have received?
Mine was maintain 3.0 or higher (median at DU), and I think that's the standard for all of the offers that I've heard about.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jayman6

Bronze

Post by jayman6 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:27 am

typ3 wrote:I wouldn't ask for your application to be re-reviewed at this stage for scholarships. Wait until April or a little later when they have more of their class filled before you try to leverage.

Otherwise they are just likely to so no and you can't ask a second time after they say you can't increase your scholarship. So, why not be patient and wait until they are looking to fill seats and reach their medians.
I don't want to send a seat deposit to every school I'm trying to leverage?

jayman6

Bronze

Post by jayman6 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:28 am

Ford Prefect wrote:Do any of you know if they potentially increase scholarships for 2L/3L? And is there a stipulation on the scholarships that any of you have received?
I talked to a DU student who said that they have some 1k-5k endowed scholarships available for 2L/3L students. They made it sound like they weren't too hard to get. But that's just hearsay.

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:53 pm

IamAskier wrote:Anyone been successful negotiating more scholly? 5K more would really seal the deal for me.
I'm waiting to hear back about my review.... But I'll be withdrawing unless my girlfriend gets into CSU and nowhere else, which is unlikely. No offense, DU, but you're not worth $55k MORE than Iowa.

crit_racer

Silver

Post by crit_racer » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:24 pm

Got an e-mail last night awarding a nice scholly (20k/year).

FYI, i was admitted last Wed., so it appears that there is more lag b/w acceptance and scholly e-mails now than there was earlier in the cycle

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mrwarre85

Silver

Post by mrwarre85 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:09 pm

DU is the only school right now that is definitely getting my seat deposit. They have really impressed me with everything-- recruitment, direction, focus, clinics, location -- everything. In fact, if ASD goes well I may just pull the plug on the other outstanding applications.

mrwarre85

Silver

Post by mrwarre85 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:14 pm

mrwarre85 wrote:DU is the only school right now that is definitely getting my seat deposit. They have really impressed me with everything-- recruitment, direction, focus, clinics, location -- everything. In fact, if ASD goes well I may just pull the plug on the other outstanding applications.
I feel stupid for quoting myself and hope that is within the rules, but, I really would like to wonder out loud why more admissions offices don't operate like DU. I've gotten into peer schools or even higher ranked schools and while nothing out there has been horrible DU has done a far better job at explaining all the facets of their school.

I haven't even gotten info on classes or clinics from some of the schools... Do they not have any pamphlets to send out?

sabenser

Bronze

Post by sabenser » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:03 pm

mrwarre85 wrote:
mrwarre85 wrote:DU is the only school right now that is definitely getting my seat deposit. They have really impressed me with everything-- recruitment, direction, focus, clinics, location -- everything. In fact, if ASD goes well I may just pull the plug on the other outstanding applications.
I feel stupid for quoting myself and hope that is within the rules, but, I really would like to wonder out loud why more admissions offices don't operate like DU. I've gotten into peer schools or even higher ranked schools and while nothing out there has been horrible DU has done a far better job at explaining all the facets of their school.

I haven't even gotten info on classes or clinics from some of the schools... Do they not have any pamphlets to send out?
DU hasn't sent me anything and I expressed interest and gave them my address back in October. I applied in December and finally got accepted yesterday. I have emailed one of their admissions officers a couple times and they have been very friendly. I'm looking forward to my acceptance packet.

mrwarre85

Silver

Post by mrwarre85 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:31 pm

sabenser wrote:
mrwarre85 wrote:

DU hasn't sent me anything and I expressed interest and gave them my address back in October. I applied in December and finally got accepted yesterday. I have emailed one of their admissions officers a couple times and they have been very friendly. I'm looking forward to my acceptance packet.
two months is a short time to hear back from, generally. I think you will start hearing more from them now that you have been accepted.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”