Status current status dates?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
eeeeeek

Status current status dates?

Postby eeeeeek » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:20 am

Do schools update the current status dates on their status checkers only when there's a change in status (e.g. complete/under review/decision)?

The current status dates on my status updaters are stuck at October 18 or October 20, which I think is when I've gone complete. Should I contact admissions about this?

Sorry if I put this in the wrong forum.

Knock

Re: Status current status dates?

Postby Knock » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:25 am

eeeeeek wrote:Do schools update the current status dates on their status checkers only when there's a change in status (e.g. complete/under review/decision)?

The current status dates on my status updaters are stuck at October 18 or October 20, which I think is when I've gone complete. Should I contact admissions about this?

What exactly is your question? Are you worried that your status checkers haven't updated from complete since ~Oct. 20th?

For some schools, for example Michigan, complete is the final status until decision. What is the school in question?

eeeeeek

Postby eeeeeek » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:38 am

Knock wrote:
eeeeeek wrote:Do schools update the current status dates on their status checkers only when there's a change in status (e.g. complete/under review/decision)?

What exactly is your question? Are you worried that your status checkers haven't updated from complete since ~Oct. 20th?

For some schools, for example Michigan, complete is the final status until decision. What is the school in question?

Yes, I wondered if there was a problem with my applications because the dates of some status checkers seemed to be updated daily and others not. For example, Chicago seems to update the current status date whenever I log in, while the dates on the status checkers for NYU and Berkeley are still October something. I guess it just depends on the school's updating policy and how they define current status date?

Knock

Postby Knock » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:40 am

eeeeeek wrote:
Knock wrote:

Yes, I wondered if there was a problem with my applications because the dates of some status checkers seemed to be updated daily and others not. For example, Chicago seems to update the current status date whenever I log in, while the dates on the status checkers for NYU and Berkeley are still October something. I guess it just depends on the school's updating policy and how they define current status date?

Yep. Every school operates status checkers differently. For the most part they aren't a useful tool once you reach their final status, ensuring all your materials are in successfully. After that, don't worry if they're not updating.

eeeeeek

Postby eeeeeek » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:45 am

aha. Thanks for the help! You saved me from a lot of trauma. :D

Knock

Postby Knock » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:47 am

eeeeeek wrote:aha. Thanks for the help! You saved me from a lot of trauma. :D

Np, best of luck in your admissions cycle :).

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”