U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:04 pm

samfii wrote:
haleydee wrote:acceptance packet came today- $12,000 a year and free books


when was your letter sent?


Mine was sent 12/07, if it helps.

User avatar
samfii
Posts: 190
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:09 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby samfii » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:08 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
samfii wrote:
haleydee wrote:acceptance packet came today- $12,000 a year and free books


when was your letter sent?


Mine was sent 12/07, if it helps.


Aggiegrad2011 I think we basically applied to all the same schools lol. Thanks for the helpful info, my letter was sent on 12/07 and I live in LA, so I don't know what's taking so long for it to arrive :( I already spoke with Dean Barrett and he said I was in, I just want to know about the scholly :lol:

haleydee
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:42 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby haleydee » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:09 pm

samfii wrote:
haleydee wrote:acceptance packet came today- $12,000 a year and free books


when was your letter sent?


12/7..i'm on the east coast so it took a couple of days

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:12 pm

samfii wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
samfii wrote:
haleydee wrote:acceptance packet came today- $12,000 a year and free books


when was your letter sent?


Mine was sent 12/07, if it helps.


Aggiegrad2011 I think we basically applied to all the same schools lol. Thanks for the helpful info, my letter was sent on 12/07 and I live in LA, so I don't know what's taking so long for it to arrive :( I already spoke with Dean Barrett and he said I was in, I just want to know about the scholly :lol:


I threw in more reaches I think (I had fee waivers like mad crazy) but yep, I believe that we did. I think it'll be an interesting compare - contrast where we finally end up :)

I was very impressed by the acceptance materials.

User avatar
samfii
Posts: 190
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:09 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby samfii » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:15 pm

samfii wrote:
when was your letter sent?


Mine was sent 12/07, if it helps.[/quote]

Aggiegrad2011 I think we basically applied to all the same schools lol. Thanks for the helpful info, my letter was sent on 12/07 and I live in LA, so I don't know what's taking so long for it to arrive :( I already spoke with Dean Barrett and he said I was in, I just want to know about the scholly :lol:[/quote]

I threw in more reaches I think (I had fee waivers like mad crazy) but yep, I believe that we did. I think it'll be an interesting compare - contrast where we finally end up :)

I was very impressed by the acceptance materials.[/quote]

It's just my first acceptance of the cycle so i'm getting a little anal about it. I had a billion reaches too via fee waivers, it never hurts, though those 12$ kind of add up after a while :P.

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:17 pm

It's my first acceptance also. W&L waitlisted me (booo) and I am Decision Rendered @ Boston College, but I suspect they're sending me a ding in the mail =--[

User avatar
berkeleyman
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:59 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby berkeleyman » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:24 pm

DocHawkeye wrote:My status checker shows "complete," which it has for several days now, but the date has been updated to January 4, 2011. Anyone know what to make of this?


I have no idea what to make of it, but you aren't alone. I just checked my status and it was the same deal "1/4/2011" maybe they traveled through time and updated our files in the future.... :shock:

stheskier
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby stheskier » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:36 pm

berkeleyman wrote:
DocHawkeye wrote:My status checker shows "complete," which it has for several days now, but the date has been updated to January 4, 2011. Anyone know what to make of this?


I have no idea what to make of it, but you aren't alone. I just checked my status and it was the same deal "1/4/2011" maybe they traveled through time and updated our files in the future.... :shock:


I am soo confused. Mine still says complete since 11/3. Wha?? :? I am getting a headache trying to figure them out.

User avatar
swilson215
Posts: 1109
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:35 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby swilson215 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:39 pm

stheskier wrote:
berkeleyman wrote:
DocHawkeye wrote:My status checker shows "complete," which it has for several days now, but the date has been updated to January 4, 2011. Anyone know what to make of this?


I have no idea what to make of it, but you aren't alone. I just checked my status and it was the same deal "1/4/2011" maybe they traveled through time and updated our files in the future.... :shock:


I am soo confused. Mine still says complete since 11/3. Wha?? :? I am getting a headache trying to figure them out.


+1. :? I'm with you, stheskier. gahhhh. frustrating.

User avatar
gokickrocks
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:13 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby gokickrocks » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:07 pm

stheskier wrote:
berkeleyman wrote:
DocHawkeye wrote:My status checker shows "complete," which it has for several days now, but the date has been updated to January 4, 2011. Anyone know what to make of this?


I have no idea what to make of it, but you aren't alone. I just checked my status and it was the same deal "1/4/2011" maybe they traveled through time and updated our files in the future.... :shock:


I am soo confused. Mine still says complete since 11/3. Wha?? :? I am getting a headache trying to figure them out.


Been complete since September. I don't need this extra stress in my life.

User avatar
samfii
Posts: 190
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:09 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby samfii » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:13 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:It's my first acceptance also. W&L waitlisted me (booo) and I am Decision Rendered @ Boston College, but I suspect they're sending me a ding in the mail =--[


I don't know I think you have reasonable numbers for BC? As long as you had a strong PS and maybe some softs, Don't stress you'll get in I think :)

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:09 pm

samfii wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:It's my first acceptance also. W&L waitlisted me (booo) and I am Decision Rendered @ Boston College, but I suspect they're sending me a ding in the mail =--[


I don't know I think you have reasonable numbers for BC? As long as you had a strong PS and maybe some softs, Don't stress you'll get in I think :)



I hope so. I feel like my LSAT is a bit low but at this point I have no idea what to expect.

User avatar
risktaker
Posts: 687
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby risktaker » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:00 pm

In with $30,000 plus first year course books. Have any of you guys called to ask for extension on seat deposits? I am waiting on 10 other schools. The seat deposit for McGeorge is due 2 weeks from you receiving letter of acceptance.

stheskier
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby stheskier » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:35 pm

risktaker wrote:In with $30,000 plus first year course books. Have any of you guys called to ask for extension on seat deposits? I am waiting on 10 other schools. The seat deposit for McGeorge is due 2 weeks from you receiving letter of acceptance.


Congrats! :D
Also, that is a great question. I look forward to an answer from someone.

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:45 pm

risktaker wrote:In with $30,000 plus first year course books. Have any of you guys called to ask for extension on seat deposits? I am waiting on 10 other schools. The seat deposit for McGeorge is due 2 weeks from you receiving letter of acceptance.


Read the letter again - It states that it's due 2 weeks from acceptance letter OR April 15, whichever comes LATER, not first. So in our case, we have until April.

Forcing a student to decide to go or not to go within 2 weeks is unreasonable.
Last edited by Aggiegrad2011 on Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
risktaker
Posts: 687
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby risktaker » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:47 pm

Thank you! I am excited about the decision, but would like to hear back from other schools.

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:48 pm

risktaker wrote:Thank you! I am excited about the decision, but would like to hear back from other schools.


Likewise. :)

Tell me, you RAN, literally, over to the accepted student portfolio and tore through the stuff until you saw it, didn't you? :)

User avatar
risktaker
Posts: 687
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby risktaker » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:52 pm

LOL. LR fail. No wonder my LSAT score wasn't great. Thanks Aggie.

User avatar
risktaker
Posts: 687
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby risktaker » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:56 pm

Haha, didn't quite have to run since the portfolio was right next to me. Good thing I found out from you or else I would have called the school and sounded like an idiot.

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:20 pm

risktaker wrote:Haha, didn't quite have to run since the portfolio was right next to me. Good thing I found out from you or else I would have called the school and sounded like an idiot.


No worries, we're never presented with options that have "or later." It's ALWAYS "whichever comes sooner" or "whichever costs less" LOL. What is this, they're giving us... an OPTION THAT DOESN'T SUCK???

You know, I have to hand it to UoP and the admissions folks. This is a really nice, professional admissions portfolio.

Did your hand-written note (if you had one, I assume you did) talk about something related to your PS at all? Just wondering.

User avatar
risktaker
Posts: 687
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby risktaker » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:28 pm

Yeah it did! I really like the Dean of this school. I got admitted last year as well and he had called me about the acceptance. The portfolio definitely makes me want to attend McGeorge, haha.

ohlawl
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:39 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby ohlawl » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:36 pm

risktaker wrote:Yeah it did! I really like the Dean of this school. I got admitted last year as well and he had called me about the acceptance. The portfolio definitely makes me want to attend McGeorge, haha.


Is your 30,000 per year or all three together? Congrats either way!

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:48 pm

ohlawl wrote:
risktaker wrote:Yeah it did! I really like the Dean of this school. I got admitted last year as well and he had called me about the acceptance. The portfolio definitely makes me want to attend McGeorge, haha.


Is your 30,000 per year or all three together? Congrats either way!


If it's like mine, it's per year, but you have to maintain top 1/3 of the class in grades to keep it.

ohlawl
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:39 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby ohlawl » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:54 pm

From what I see on LSN, 10-15k per year is what they like to give out, so I wanted to get some clarification. :)

Edit: \/\/\/ Whoa! No requirements? I thought this was unheard of at McGeorge.
Last edited by ohlawl on Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
risktaker
Posts: 687
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Postby risktaker » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:04 am

$10k per year. There are no requirements to keep this scholly.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AustinLu and 8 guests