U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Cheburashka

New

Re: U. of Pacific 2011 Applicants

Post by Cheburashka » Fri May 13, 2011 3:21 pm

I wish McG had a roommate connection site, or something. I don't even know where to begin looking.

coolgreen44

New

Post by coolgreen44 » Fri May 13, 2011 3:23 pm

I have just been looking for cheap places on Craigslist.

Does Pacific have a facebook group?

Cheburashka

New

Post by Cheburashka » Fri May 13, 2011 3:30 pm

--LinkRemoved--

and

--LinkRemoved--

acmass

New

Post by acmass » Sat May 14, 2011 4:41 am

Cheburashka wrote:I wish McG had a roommate connection site, or something. I don't even know where to begin looking.
They do have one...but only if you already have a place and need to fill a room (and I think it's actually a physical board that they post it on in some office on campus).

It would be much more useful if it were a online database like Roomster.

gokickrocks

Bronze

Post by gokickrocks » Mon May 16, 2011 3:49 am

coolgreen44 wrote:I have just been looking for cheap places on Craigslist.

Does Pacific have a facebook group?
I've been only using Craigslist also. I might also spend a weekend and just go up there to look at places. It would be much easier if they could provide us with a list of people who are looking for roommates. Definitely would help me to have a roommate to save on rent.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

irkedbydavis

New

Post by irkedbydavis » Wed May 18, 2011 1:38 pm

Withdrawing with 15k/year offered, so I hope that money goes to one of you guys.

tllee

New

Post by tllee » Wed May 18, 2011 4:06 pm

Got a call yesterday. Got off the waitlist and got accepted. They are pushing my file to the scholarship comm which is nice. The lady was super sweet.

coolgreen44

New

Post by coolgreen44 » Wed May 18, 2011 6:48 pm

I paid my deposit yesterday. Happy to be headed down to Sacramento. Just need to find a place to live!

gokickrocks

Bronze

Post by gokickrocks » Wed May 18, 2011 7:48 pm

I e-mailed Nancy Whalen the other day about finding a roommate and I got this:
We have a roommate connection service we maintain that could put you in touch with another student desiring the same. See the “roommate available” form which I have attached for your review. When you fill out the form and send it back to us, your information is posted on the campus Rent Boards and put on a (Word Doc) list that is emailed on request to other McGeorge students looking for a roommate. None of our listing are posted on the internet. Alumni and members of the community post share rental ads along with our students looking for good people to share housing. Our Rent Board list includes houses, apartments, duplexes and condos of all sizes and prices that are for rent, as well as other students desiring roommates. I have also attached the latest Rent Board listings.
She attached a current list of rentals available along with the roommate available form. If anyone wants a copy, I can forward it to you.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

coolgreen44

New

Post by coolgreen44 » Wed May 18, 2011 8:02 pm

I will send an email to her tonight I guess. Get myself put on the list.

Did you ask about the on campus housing at all? They have the one dorm listed for only 650$ a month. That seems like a pretty good deal to me.

gokickrocks

Bronze

Post by gokickrocks » Thu May 19, 2011 4:56 pm

coolgreen44 wrote:I will send an email to her tonight I guess. Get myself put on the list.

Did you ask about the on campus housing at all? They have the one dorm listed for only 650$ a month. That seems like a pretty good deal to me.
I didn't ask her about it. I think there was something in the acceptance packet/letter about getting priority in housing if you met a requirement but I'm not completely sure.

coolgreen44

New

Post by coolgreen44 » Thu May 19, 2011 5:00 pm

My first scholarship letter thing had a box to check if I wanted to be put on the priority list or something for housing, but I missed the deadline by a long way. I was still talking with Adam about a new scholarship and I didn't want to send in the acceptance form with that going on. So I guess that means I missed out on that, oh well.

I just emailed her so I hope I can get put on the roommate list or whatever.

KiraMarie

New

Post by KiraMarie » Tue May 24, 2011 5:53 pm

Decision Rendered today. Do acceptances usually come via email? Am I doomed to a denial by snail mail?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

gokickrocks

Bronze

Post by gokickrocks » Tue May 24, 2011 7:54 pm

KiraMarie wrote:Decision Rendered today. Do acceptances usually come via email? Am I doomed to a denial by snail mail?
I got my acceptance by snail mail.

KiraMarie

New

Post by KiraMarie » Thu May 26, 2011 12:01 pm

KiraMarie wrote:Decision Rendered today. Do acceptances usually come via email? Am I doomed to a denial by snail mail?
I was DENIED! I am actually a little surprised about this one. Oh well, I didn't want to move to Sacramento anyway! Congrats and good luck to all that were accepted!!

risktaker

Silver

Post by risktaker » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:44 pm

Withdrawing. Good luck to everyone who decided on UOP.

kaliteri

New

Post by kaliteri » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:38 pm

Is anyone else still waitlisted that wants to attend McGeorge next year?

This waiting game is tough. =/

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

thefifthspeed

New

Post by thefifthspeed » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:08 pm

Out of nowhere I come home to a big packet from McGeorge with an acceptance! I was waitlisted a couple months ago and planned to send in a LOCI in late June with my updated LSAT (took the June LSAT to help bump my chances) but no I guess I don't need to send in either.

acmass

New

Post by acmass » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:45 pm

thefifthspeed wrote:Out of nowhere I come home to a big packet from McGeorge with an acceptance! I was waitlisted a couple months ago and planned to send in a LOCI in late June with my updated LSAT (took the June LSAT to help bump my chances) but no I guess I don't need to send in either.
Congrats!

If you improved your LSAT score, I think it would be a good idea to still send it in JUST in case they'll be willing to a) give you scholarship money or b) increase the scholarship amount included in your acceptance packet. You never know!!

gokickrocks

Bronze

Post by gokickrocks » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:26 am

thefifthspeed wrote:Out of nowhere I come home to a big packet from McGeorge with an acceptance! I was waitlisted a couple months ago and planned to send in a LOCI in late June with my updated LSAT (took the June LSAT to help bump my chances) but no I guess I don't need to send in either.
Congrats! Are you planning on going to McGeorge?

To follow up on a point above, give Dean Barrett an e-mail if your LSAT improves by a good amount. He may find a way to give you some $$$

thefifthspeed

New

Post by thefifthspeed » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:42 am

gokickrocks wrote:
Congrats! Are you planning on going to McGeorge?

To follow up on a point above, give Dean Barrett an e-mail if your LSAT improves by a good amount. He may find a way to give you some $$$
What's odd is Dean Barrett called me Tuesday morning asking me some questions about if I'm still interested etc... I mentioned the LSAT retake and he told me to call back as soon as the results came in so I figured I wouldn't get a decision until late June. Today rolls around and I get this packet which was postmarked from Monday. So I'm not sure what happened but the end result is I got in which is a bit of a surprise.

I'm was leaning going T4 w/$$ but I'm from the central valley and McGeorge is looking like a pretty good choice. The only thing that isn't prefect is that the deposit for McGeorge is in a couple weeks and my LSAT results won't be out until June 25th-ish and I'd like to see if I get a decent bump in which I might leverage to get a few bucks. If I could muster even a small amount of $ from McGeorge it would be a done deal for me to go there.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:35 pm

Withdrew today good luck everyone!

risktaker

Silver

Post by risktaker » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:57 pm

Got a higher scholarship and will be attending unless USD accepts me in the next week.

justright157

Bronze

Post by justright157 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:07 pm

Withdrew from the PT program. Good luck!

thefifthspeed

New

Post by thefifthspeed » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:19 am

risktaker wrote:Got a higher scholarship and will be attending unless USD accepts me in the next week.
Did they offer it up or did you call and negotiate? I'll be attempting to negotiate scholarship money next week after the LSAT results are out. You can pm me If you want

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”