errors on applications?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
florencezx

errors on applications?

Postby florencezx » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:09 am

Hi guys, if I made some mistakes on the resume, e.g. I put in the wrong year for a job, what should I do?

am I dead at those schools?

knotoftoads

Re: errors on applications?

Postby knotoftoads » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:42 am

yes so dead. so so dead.

J/k no you're fine. If you want to send an updated resume, just email them with the attachment. The schools will just add it to your file. No big deal.

florencezx

Postby florencezx » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:13 pm

knotoftoads wrote:yes so dead. so so dead.

J/k no you're fine. If you want to send an updated resume, just email them with the attachment. The schools will just add it to your file. No big deal.

thank you! that's really comforting. do you think I should let it go then? since i did not even find that out after reviewing the files thousands of times... i was blind:(

Kiersten1985

Postby Kiersten1985 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:22 pm

If you think it really makes a difference (e.g. resume says you worked there for 10 years when it was 1 year) then yes, send an updated one.

People are human. Stuff like this happens. Even lawyers have to refile briefs. :wink:

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:41 pm

florencezx wrote:Hi guys, if I made some mistakes on the resume, e.g. I put in the wrong year for a job, what should I do?

am I dead at those schools?

just send them an email

they probably won't care either way

florencezx

Postby florencezx » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:05 am

thank you guys! I wrote the wrong year there. 2008 i was abroad, and 2009 I was working in that firm in a different country, but I put 2008 under that firm ... is this material? or I should just leave it like that, the year on the application forms is correct.

tomwatts

Postby tomwatts » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:22 pm

If anything is factually wrong, you should send them a fix.

florencezx

Postby florencezx » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:40 am

yes, even if that will make me look really bad. feel like I've been working so hard and always waste all these efforts at the last moment, hate myself so much!

nihilism is key

Postby nihilism is key » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:59 am

Some schools won't open e-mail attachments. You should go to the website of the schools in question/check the e-mail you received when you submitted your application and see what they say about adding to or updating your file.

florencezx

Postby florencezx » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:07 am

I was stupid enough to make this kind of mistakes, I really worry that it will give me an auto-rejection. I should have applied after a whole day's work around 1 a.m.

florencezx

Postby florencezx » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:48 am

had anyone corrected the errors on the applications and still got in? or you left it as it was and still got in?

anthropologieaddict

Postby anthropologieaddict » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:02 pm

<

eskimogirl

Postby eskimogirl » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:22 pm

florencezx wrote:had anyone corrected the errors on the applications and still got in? or you left it as it was and still got in?

i sent in a corrected why x essay (i had misspelled one word in the first one) and still got in.

florencezx

Postby florencezx » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:07 am

thanks guys! I really appreciate. I sent in an updated resume to the schools today. do they actually read the updated one? Schools assured me that they would attach the updated ones to my files, but how? My first one was ridiculous... i uploaded the very first draft of my resume, so I am extremely extremely upset :cry:

lshamlet

Postby lshamlet » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:23 am

florencezx wrote:thanks guys! I really appreciate. I sent in an updated resume to the schools today. do they actually read the updated one? Schools assured me that they would attach the updated ones to my files, but how? My first one was ridiculous... i uploaded the very first draft of my resume, so I am extremely extremely upset :cry:

Don't freak out about it. I sent the wrong resume to nearly all the schools I applied to, and just emailed them the correct version. I've been accepted to two of them so far! You'll be fine.

florencezx

Postby florencezx » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:14 am

lshamlet wrote:
florencezx wrote:thanks guys! I really appreciate. I sent in an updated resume to the schools today. do they actually read the updated one? Schools assured me that they would attach the updated ones to my files, but how? My first one was ridiculous... i uploaded the very first draft of my resume, so I am extremely extremely upset :cry:

Don't freak out about it. I sent the wrong resume to nearly all the schools I applied to, and just emailed them the correct version. I've been accepted to two of them so far! You'll be fine.

thank you! I emailed almost all of them, but only got response from two schools. I wonder whether i need to call them to see whether they updated my files or not. did you do so?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”