Columbia ED Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
HowdyYall
Posts: 444
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Columbia ED Waiting Thread

Postby HowdyYall » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:22 pm

TLSNYC wrote:I have a final today @ 5. I plan on taking my laptop to class. I will check my email one last time at 4:59 before entering the room. If I am accepted, I plan on taking it easy during the exam :mrgreen:

If I get rejected, I'm planning on taking it twice as easy, haha.


haha no lie, i did this for two exams i had last week

bryannance
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:20 pm

Re: Columbia ED Waiting Thread

Postby bryannance » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:19 pm

Still nothing for any EDers today, eh?

User avatar
JoeShmoe11
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:16 pm

Re: Columbia ED Waiting Thread

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:32 pm

bryannance wrote:Still nothing for any EDers today, eh?


Apparently not D: I'm holding out hope, though! I'm pretty damn confident that we will hear something by Wednesday.

User avatar
T6Hopeful
Posts: 693
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:30 pm

Re: Columbia ED Waiting Thread

Postby T6Hopeful » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:26 pm

JoeShmoe11 wrote:
bryannance wrote:Still nothing for any EDers today, eh?


Apparently not D: I'm holding out hope, though! I'm pretty damn confident that we will hear something by Wednesday.


It's actually surprisingly relieving to have gotten a fall grades request. I think it's because I know my "decision" date is going to be independent of anyone elses, and I don't have to freak out seeing other people get their decisions and wondering if mine was shoved to the reject pile. Ya know? Last final's in an hour, pretty sure I'm about to cement another nice 4.0 for the semester to bring my GPA above CLS's median.

Either way, good luck to everyone else waiting!

User avatar
JoeShmoe11
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:16 pm

Re: Columbia ED Waiting Thread

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:45 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:
JoeShmoe11 wrote:
bryannance wrote:Still nothing for any EDers today, eh?


Apparently not D: I'm holding out hope, though! I'm pretty damn confident that we will hear something by Wednesday.


It's actually surprisingly relieving to have gotten a fall grades request. I think it's because I know my "decision" date is going to be independent of anyone elses, and I don't have to freak out seeing other people get their decisions and wondering if mine was shoved to the reject pile. Ya know? Last final's in an hour, pretty sure I'm about to cement another nice 4.0 for the semester to bring my GPA above CLS's median.

Either way, good luck to everyone else waiting!


I know exactly what you mean, most of the tension I'm feeling is knowing that someone else could hear back at any moment and every time they do my chances go down more and more. Good luck with your application - I'm sure a 4.0 will be enough for Columbia to accept you happily.

TLSNYC
Posts: 509
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:38 pm

Re: Columbia ED Waiting Thread

Postby TLSNYC » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:47 pm

So, I am ready to give up on hearing from them yet again. Wow, my love for Columbia is dissipating with each passing day. I had expected to be either accepted or dinged by now.

User avatar
JoeShmoe11
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:16 pm

Re: Columbia ED Waiting Thread

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:51 pm

TLSNYC wrote:So, I am ready to give up on hearing from them yet again. Wow, my love for Columbia is dissipating with each passing day. I had expected to be either accepted or dinged by now.


+1. I feel for ya. Honestly the best thing you can do is pull yourself away from TLS, hang out with some friends, and just wait to hear back. Or if you've got finals do some studying and don't go on TLS. Sitting on these forums just makes the wait seem even longer D:

heyyyyyyyyy
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:49 pm

Re: Columbia ED Waiting Thread

Postby heyyyyyyyyy » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:11 pm

In via e-mail today. Good luck to all those who are still waiting!

User avatar
JoeShmoe11
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:16 pm

Re: Columbia ED Waiting Thread

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:15 pm

heyyyyyyyyy wrote:In via e-mail today. Good luck to all those who are still waiting!


Whaa?? What time?? When's it dated? Detaiiils.

HowdyYall
Posts: 444
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Columbia ED Waiting Thread

Postby HowdyYall » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:15 pm

heyyyyyyyyy wrote:In via e-mail today. Good luck to all those who are still waiting!


congratulations! what time was your email? dates?

heyyyyyyyyy
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:49 pm

Re: Columbia ED Waiting Thread

Postby heyyyyyyyyy » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:28 pm

JoeShmoe11 wrote:
heyyyyyyyyy wrote:In via e-mail today. Good luck to all those who are still waiting!


Whaa?? What time?? When's it dated? Detaiiils.


Arrived in my inbox an hour or so ago, I think. The pdf letter was dated with today's date.

bryannance
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:20 pm

Re: Columbia ED Waiting Thread

Postby bryannance » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:30 pm

heyyyyyyyyy wrote:
JoeShmoe11 wrote:
heyyyyyyyyy wrote:In via e-mail today. Good luck to all those who are still waiting!


Whaa?? What time?? When's it dated? Detaiiils.


Arrived in my inbox an hour or so ago, I think. The pdf letter was dated with today's date.


Wow. Congrats! I hope CLS churns out a few more of those today!

User avatar
JoeShmoe11
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:16 pm

Re: Columbia ED Waiting Thread

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:31 pm

bryannance wrote:
heyyyyyyyyy wrote:
JoeShmoe11 wrote:
heyyyyyyyyy wrote:In via e-mail today. Good luck to all those who are still waiting!


Whaa?? What time?? When's it dated? Detaiiils.


Arrived in my inbox an hour or so ago, I think. The pdf letter was dated with today's date.


Wow. Congrats! I hope CLS churns out a few more of those today!


I wouldn't hold your breath - I haven't heard of two groups of decisions being sent out in a day. There is, however, the chance of more decisions tomorrow :D

bryannance
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:20 pm

Re: Columbia ED Waiting Thread

Postby bryannance » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:42 pm

Wow. Congrats! I hope CLS churns out a few more of those today![/quote]

I wouldn't hold your breath - I haven't heard of two groups of decisions being sent out in a day. There is, however, the chance of more decisions tomorrow :D[/quote]

Seems like a really small wave then. By now, it's probably been 1.5 hours since heyyyyyyyy heard back, and no one else on TLS or LSN has said anything.

User avatar
JoeShmoe11
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:16 pm

Re: Columbia ED Waiting Thread

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:48 pm

bryannance wrote:
Seems like a really small wave then. By now, it's probably been 1.5 hours since heyyyyyyyy heard back, and no one else on TLS or LSN has said anything.



Same thing happened last week and then there were more decisions on Tuesday. Crossing my fingers!

EDIT: If it was dated today we can expect to probably hear A LOT this week because that would mean a third round of acceptances. Unfortunately I'm also waiting for people to report dings/WLs. I'm gonna guess tomorrow we will hear our first rejection. Assuming two days for mail time.

bryannance
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:20 pm

Re: Columbia ED Waiting Thread

Postby bryannance » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:02 pm

How many people would you guess CLS will accept in the ED cycle in total? Last year, according to the CLS website, 9,012 people applied, and according to USNews, they had a 14.5% acceptance rate. So a little over 1,300 were accepted during the whole year, and 404 of those 1,300 ended up attending. Do you think they'll snatch up 100 during the ED cycle? 25? 50?

User avatar
JoeShmoe11
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:16 pm

Re: Columbia ED Waiting Thread

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:19 pm

bryannance wrote:How many people would you guess CLS will accept in the ED cycle in total? Last year, according to the CLS website, 9,012 people applied, and according to USNews, they had a 14.5% acceptance rate. So a little over 1,300 were accepted during the whole year, and 404 of those 1,300 ended up attending. Do you think they'll snatch up 100 during the ED cycle? 25? 50?


Based on LSN and TLS there were at least 20 ED last year which means it is probably at least 40. Maybe more, maybe less. Could be completely off.

User avatar
wiseguy33
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: Columbia ED Waiting Thread

Postby wiseguy33 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:25 pm

JoeShmoe11 wrote:EDIT: If it was dated today we can expect to probably hear A LOT this week because that would mean a third round of acceptances. Unfortunately I'm also waiting for people to report dings/WLs. I'm gonna guess tomorrow we will hear our first rejection. Assuming two days for mail time.


:( :( :(

Ghost
Posts: 1282
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: Columbia ED Waiting Thread

Postby Ghost » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:03 pm

.
Last edited by Ghost on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
shanemahsa
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Columbia ED Waiting Thread

Postby shanemahsa » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:38 pm

Kili wrote:Holy hell. Just walked out of a crazy hard final. (Insert Debra Morgan lewd interrogatory)

That's the class that determines whether I get a 4.0 this semester, which I need to respond to CLS's grade request....fingers crossed :?

Grats to the admit today!


Question: Is it CLS' or CLS's? I'm assuming the latter because School ends with an "L."

Agreed

User avatar
JoeShmoe11
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:16 pm

Re: Columbia ED Waiting Thread

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:59 pm

Kili wrote:Holy hell. Just walked out of a crazy hard final. (Insert Debra Morgan lewd interrogatory)

That's the class that determines whether I get a 4.0 this semester, which I need to respond to CLS's grade request....fingers crossed :?

Grats to the admit today!


Question: Is it CLS' or CLS's? I'm assuming the latter because School ends with an "L."


Hope you nailed that 4.0. Even if you don't and get a 3.8 or something I'm sure it won't be a problem.

Ghost
Posts: 1282
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: Columbia ED Waiting Thread

Postby Ghost » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:52 pm

.
Last edited by Ghost on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
shanemahsa
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Columbia ED Waiting Thread

Postby shanemahsa » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:59 pm

So who thinks tomorrow is gonna be the day?

My interwebz connection is down so you'll have to forgive my phoning it in lately (I thank you! :P).

User avatar
JoeShmoe11
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:16 pm

Re: Columbia ED Waiting Thread

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:34 pm

Kili wrote:
JoeShmoe11 wrote:
Kili wrote:Holy hell. Just walked out of a crazy hard final. (Insert Debra Morgan lewd interrogatory)

That's the class that determines whether I get a 4.0 this semester, which I need to respond to CLS's grade request....fingers crossed :?

Grats to the admit today!


Question: Is it CLS' or CLS's? I'm assuming the latter because School ends with an "L."


Hope you nailed that 4.0. Even if you don't and get a 3.8 or something I'm sure it won't be a problem.


Thanks man! I appreciate it! I was taking the exam and thought to myself, "I have to do well. People on TLS are counting on me....wait, wtf?" :shock:

Haha, but it's true. I felt I like had to do well and report here afterwards. :lol:


What is this? TLS is having a positive influence on your life and test results? Something is clearly wrong here haha. Glad to hear you did well though. :wink:
Last edited by JoeShmoe11 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JoeShmoe11
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:16 pm

Re: Columbia ED Waiting Thread

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:36 pm

shanemahsa wrote:So who thinks tomorrow is gonna be the day?

My interwebz connection is down so you'll have to forgive my phoning it in lately (I thank you! :P).


One person heard back today. Last week only a few people heard back on Monday and then more on Tuesday so I'm hoping the same thing happens tomorrow! Got my fingers crossed for ya (and for myself!).




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: canafsa, Google Adsense [Bot], KeYe88, notsolawful, Solidfood, Yahoo [Bot], Zoe107 and 7 guests