Columbia ED Waiting Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
TLSNYC

Silver

Re: Columbia ED Waiting Thread

Post by TLSNYC » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:28 pm

$1.99 wrote:I feel like this right now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP1-oquwoL8
haha, I can't say that I've gotten quite there, yet, but I am eager. I am actually not as CLS crazed as I was when this process began...their admissions process has killed my enthusiasm and my research into NYU has really made it a pretty attractive option at this point. I just want Columbia to tell me so I can move on. It's pretty sad how slow their admissions office has been this year -- they had many rejections and waitlists out by this time last year as well.

wiseguy33

Bronze

Post by wiseguy33 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:33 pm

piccolittle wrote:One acceptance does not a wave make, my friends!!! Stay strong! I'm on TLS at a party, this is how committed I am. Lol love you guys!
I think I forgot to say this earlier, but CONGRATULATIONS! Now is the time to tell your coworkers and make everyone jealous. :D

I am just hoping against hope that there will be some more ED admits this week or next. If not, please don't reject me yet, Columbia! I have fall grades to submit. DO YOU WANT MY FALL GRADES, COLUMBIA?

JoeShmoe11

Bronze

Post by JoeShmoe11 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:45 pm

piccolittle wrote:One acceptance does not a wave make, my friends!!! Stay strong! I'm on TLS at a party, this is how committed I am. Lol love you guys!
We're all very happy (and jealous): for you! Congrats again! What's the date on the PDF??

Lawless25

New

Post by Lawless25 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:48 pm

hoping wrote:
wow congrats!! what was the date on the pdf?? congrats again!!!
Just spole to office at Columbia they said there is no method to the madness and just because one person heard does NOT mean anything and they will be sending more throughout the week!

HowdyYall

Bronze

Post by HowdyYall » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:49 pm

Lawless25 wrote:
hoping wrote:
Just spole to office at Columbia they said there is no method to the madness and just because one person heard does NOT mean anything and they will be sending more throughout the week!
i like your style dude! great first post at that!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

shanemahsa

Silver

Post by shanemahsa » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:50 pm

Lawless25 wrote:
hoping wrote:
U just made my day :D

annie2010

Bronze

Post by annie2010 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:51 pm

Lawless25 wrote:
hoping wrote:
love this. i love tls people who get up the courage to call and then are nice enough to share the news!

Lawless25

New

Post by Lawless25 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:51 pm

HowdyYall wrote:
Lawless25 wrote:
hoping wrote:
i like your style dude! great first post at that!!!
No problem got accepted to Fordham with Half scholarship but Columbia is binding so we gotta see....crossing my fingers

bryannance

Bronze

Post by bryannance » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:51 pm

Lawless25 wrote:
hoping wrote:
Lawless, I'm happy to say that I'm a big enough nerd that this news washed over me like a wave of peace. My heartrate eased, the thumotic part of my soul readjusted, and the Lord just descended down on me in love. You're a gem.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Lawless25

New

Post by Lawless25 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:53 pm

bryannance wrote:
Lawless25 wrote:
hoping wrote:
Lawless, I'm happy to say that I'm a big enough nerd that this news washed over me like a wave of peace. My heartrate eased, the thumotic part of my soul readjusted, and the Lord just descended down on me in love. You're a gem.
you are a nerd....relax dude

$1.99

Silver

Post by $1.99 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:53 pm

the word "more" can mean anything from 1 more to 100 more. i am counting on more towards the former

annie2010

Bronze

Post by annie2010 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:54 pm

$1.99 wrote:the word "more" can mean anything from 1 more to 100 more. i am counting on more towards the former
that 1 more could be you! no more downer posts. they make me sad. we can be downers next week.

Lawless25

New

Post by Lawless25 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:56 pm

btw for those who wanna know about fordham my stats were 174 and 3.88 GPA

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

bryannance

Bronze

Post by bryannance » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:56 pm

Just spole to office at Columbia they said there is no method to the madness and just because one person heard does NOT mean anything and they will be sending more throughout the week![/quote]

Lawless, I'm happy to say that I'm a big enough nerd that this news washed over me like a wave of peace. My heartrate eased, the thumotic part of my soul readjusted, and the Lord just descended down on me in love. You're a gem.[/quote]
you are a nerd....relax dude[/quote]

A bit of hyperbole, of course. :)

hoping

Bronze

Post by hoping » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:56 pm

just got a fall grades request...

$1.99

Silver

Post by $1.99 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:57 pm

if you have those stats, why did you ED to columbia? you are auto admit here

Lawless25

New

Post by Lawless25 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:58 pm

hoping wrote:just got a fall grades request...
I know a few people who got that last year ALL of them got in do not think this is a rejection...they just limit the accpetances for ED and push it off to get a better idea of who is coming and the sort

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Ghost

Silver

Post by Ghost » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:00 pm

Last edited by Ghost on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lovely Ludwig Van

Bronze

Post by Lovely Ludwig Van » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:03 pm

Lawless25 wrote:
hoping wrote:
A little redundant, I know, but just wanted to say, I love you man. I might actually be able to sleep tonight.

bryannance

Bronze

Post by bryannance » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:10 pm

Were all mailboxes (postal service kind) void of Columbia letters today? I live in Brooklyn, so I assume I'll get letters sooner than most.

shanemahsa

Silver

Post by shanemahsa » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:16 pm

bryannance wrote:Were all mailboxes (postal service kind) void of Columbia letters today? I live in Brooklyn, so I assume I'll get letters sooner than most.
NYU begs to differ.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Lawless25

New

Post by Lawless25 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:29 pm

$1.99 wrote:if you have those stats, why did you ED to columbia? you are auto admit here
I am not auto admit....I have heard ppl with a 177 get rejected and have heard ppl with a 172 get in...it is all arbitrary

$1.99

Silver

Post by $1.99 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:34 pm

yeah but those with 177's had gpa's below the 25th and those with the 172 had gpa's above median. you are way above both for columbia. those are harvard numbers

JoeShmoe11

Bronze

Post by JoeShmoe11 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:52 pm

A 174/3.88 that hasnt heard back yet?? Geez makesme feel better about my 3.8/172 not having heard back yet haha

droll

New

Post by droll » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:09 pm

Got a fall grades request. Kind of annoying, because I think my GPA might actually drop a little this semester (it's close to a 4 now). Hopefully this doesn't impact everything too badly. I don't have any up/down trend in past grades. This is bothersome.

What time do you other fall grades people think you'll hear back?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”