Columbia ED Waiting Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MarcusHalberstram

New

Re: Columbia ED Waiting Thread

Post by MarcusHalberstram » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:55 pm

Congratulations Picco!

Ghost

Silver

Post by Ghost » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:09 pm

Last edited by Ghost on Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

piccolittle

Silver

Post by piccolittle » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:14 pm

Cutest thread on TLS, right here.

In the words of the great vertex, hold on to your hats - tomorrow is the day (for everyone still waiting)!

Ghost

Silver

Post by Ghost » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:38 pm

Last edited by Ghost on Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nyckid

New

Post by nyckid » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:26 pm

For the sake of future cycles' applicants:

ED fall grade request. 4.0 semester. Deferred. Pre-fall 3.78/171 (single take), Ivy. Post-fall GPA ~3.81. Not gonna lie, very disappointed, would've been easier to take 2-3 weeks ago with everybody else. I guess I just hope that coming so close means that I have a shot at being one of the select few deferred ED applicants who gets admitted in April.

Best of luck to everybody!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hoping

Bronze

Post by hoping » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:29 pm

nyckid wrote:For the sake of future cycles' applicants:

ED fall grade request. 4.0 semester. Deferred. Pre-fall 3.78/171 (single take), Ivy. Post-fall GPA ~3.81. Not gonna lie, very disappointed, would've been easier to take 2-3 weeks ago with everybody else. I guess I just hope that coming so close means that I have a shot at being one of the select few deferred ED applicants who gets admitted in April.

Best of luck to everybody!
oh man, i am so sorry to hear that...with your #'s you are def. going to have some amazing options!

Ghost

Silver

Post by Ghost » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:41 pm

Last edited by Ghost on Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vertex

Bronze

Post by vertex » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Kili wrote:Well it's been fun guys and girls.

Also a 4.0 Fall Grades which pushed me well above the 75th percentile. Deferred today. I was accepted to UChi today in what I think was the first hour of calls so it softened the blow. No need for sympathy here, Chicago was one of my top choices after CLS, so I'm still happy.

I'm not yet decided on how aggressive I'll be with LOCI. Obviously, I'm a bit disappointed after being strung along. Either way, congratulations to those admitted!

Best of luck everyone! :D
Oh no dude, I'm sorry! That's so weird people who 4.0s are getting deferred after a grade request. Here's hoping you still get in!

piccolittle

Silver

Post by piccolittle » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:07 am

Also a 4.0 Fall Grades which pushed me well above the 75th percentile. Deferred today. I was accepted to UChi today in what I think was the first hour of calls so it softened the blow. No need for sympathy here, Chicago was one of my top choices after CLS, so I'm still happy.

I'm not yet decided on how aggressive I'll be with LOCI. Obviously, I'm a bit disappointed after being strung along. Either way, congratulations to those admitted!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

But congrats on Chi! Obviously an amazing school and you're going to have a great time - though I'm still crossing my fingers that we'll be seeing you in NYC :wink:

CLS must be high - why the heck would they request grades and then defer you after a perfect semester? Silly buggers.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

T6Hopeful

Silver

Post by T6Hopeful » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:19 am

Sorry to hear that, I was totally rooting for you! Unfortunately this doesn't bode well for me at all, and I don't have that pretty Chicago acceptance to fall back on either. Cmonnn CLS...

Ghost

Silver

Post by Ghost » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:55 pm

Last edited by Ghost on Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

hoping

Bronze

Post by hoping » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:45 pm

Was just deffered as well...is there even such a thing as early decision getting waitlisted or rejected? Or e1 gets defered or rejected?

Ghost

Silver

Post by Ghost » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:47 pm

Last edited by Ghost on Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sunshine88

New

Post by sunshine88 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:52 pm

Kili wrote:
hoping wrote:Was just deffered as well...is there even such a thing as early decision getting waitlisted or rejected? Or e1 gets defered or rejected?
People with 160 scores were straight rejected.

EDIT: And sorry to hear it, best of luck.

Despite my 160 I got deferred rather than rejected. I am positive, but also realistic. So, we'll see what happens! Best of luck to the rest :D

TLSNYC

Silver

Post by TLSNYC » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:52 am

I'm just going to briefly resurrect this thread to ask how the other ED applicants who were deferred have progressed since with CLS?

I decided to write a LOCI in March after getting deferred in late December. I STILL don't have my fall grades (long story!), so haven't sent those in yet. Anyone get any responses?

hoping

Bronze

Post by hoping » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:30 am

My deferal said they'd look at my app in april...so not expecting a/t till mid april at least :( h/e I was just awarded a really nice scholarship at nyu and have to accept by april 4th so I don't know what to do!

TLSNYC

Silver

Post by TLSNYC » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:21 pm

hoping wrote:My deferal said they'd look at my app in april...so not expecting a/t till mid april at least :( h/e I was just awarded a really nice scholarship at nyu and have to accept by april 4th so I don't know what to do!
FWIW, you can accept NYU's offer of admission and then back out later if you get into CLS. The only downside is that you would lose your seat deposit.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

hoping

Bronze

Post by hoping » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:42 pm

TLSNYC wrote:
hoping wrote:My deferal said they'd look at my app in april...so not expecting a/t till mid april at least :( h/e I was just awarded a really nice scholarship at nyu and have to accept by april 4th so I don't know what to do!
FWIW, you can accept NYU's offer of admission and then back out later if you get into CLS. The only downside is that you would lose your seat deposit.
thanks! that is prob what I'll have to do...

wiseguy33

Bronze

Post by wiseguy33 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:38 am

I'm a deferred ED applicant, in it for the long haul. A slim chance is better than none, right?

expat17

New

Post by expat17 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:39 am

deferred ED as well. trying to get a sense of how many of us are still in this group ... did they really pretty much just defer all ED applicants with over a 165? if so, i wouldn't feel like they were too discerning with our group ...

i know seat deposits this year are due april 30 so i wouldn't be surprised if most of the action didn't happen until may even ... holding out hope but was reserved last year, and remember we didn't get much to go on until late may / early june ...

wiseguy33

Bronze

Post by wiseguy33 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:13 am

I'm not holding my breath for Columbia. Apparently, they deferred almost everyone who didn't get in ED. There are already waitlist candidates, and "held" apps, as well as the "forgotten" kids who have started to get acceptances after months of hearing nothing. So, I guess we're not even second string. :(

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

théo

New

Post by théo » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:41 am

expat17 wrote:deferred ED as well. trying to get a sense of how many of us are still in this group ... did they really pretty much just defer all ED applicants with over a 165? if so, i wouldn't feel like they were too discerning with our group ...

i know seat deposits this year are due april 30 so i wouldn't be surprised if most of the action didn't happen until may even ... holding out hope but was reserved last year, and remember we didn't get much to go on until late may / early june ...
I'm still in this group. Sigh.

swl56

Bronze

Post by swl56 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:36 am

ED deferred as well... sent a LOCI in march and sent in grades in january... haven't heard anything. called admissions recently and they said ED deferred applicants should hear back by the end of april... though i'm not sure if that will actually happen.

wiseguy33

Bronze

Post by wiseguy33 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:25 am

I hope we do hear back by the end of April, at least just to get it out of my mind one way or another.

Of course, having written that, I'm probably going to get a reserve notice in a few weeks, and I'll have that to obsess over for the entire summer. :roll:

hoping

Bronze

Post by hoping » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:04 pm

hey all...ed deferred got in today!! gl to all still waiting!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”