In at Harvard

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
rm61
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:46 am

Re: In at Harvard

Postby rm61 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:23 pm

4for44 wrote:
mtrl wrote:The Harvard t-shirt gifts worked out nicely. The reaction went from confusion, to slow realization, to excitement. It was worth waiting.


This. My parents gave me a look like well this is a bit presumptuous. Then I told them I got in, and well, I won't forget my mom's scream anytime soon :)



+1 on the evolving reactions and the mom scream, btw.

onebiglie
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:56 am

Re: In at Harvard

Postby onebiglie » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:17 pm

...
Last edited by onebiglie on Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

MarcMonday
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby MarcMonday » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:40 am

sent deposit and admission acceptance!!!! (should have sent it in back in november! who the heck was i kidding - this is the stuff people dream about!)

onebiglie
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:56 am

Re: In at Harvard

Postby onebiglie » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:58 pm

JR 2 today!!!
:D

noob
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:45 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby noob » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:42 pm

JR2 this morning as well!!! :D

User avatar
pennyloafer17
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:44 am

Re: In at Harvard

Postby pennyloafer17 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:27 am

noob wrote:JR2 this morning as well!!! :D


Congrats guys!

hotshot234512
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:52 am

Re: In at Harvard

Postby hotshot234512 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:25 am

So it was amazing to get the acceptance today, real excited! Haven't told my parents yet because im not at home and want to tell them in person, hard to wait though. Anyway I want to show them the admissions binder, having just got in today when could I realistically expect it? How long did it take previous accepted applicants to get it? I'm in New Jersey. The application status check says that the admissions binder was sent today, although my email said it will be sent later in the week.

User avatar
icecreamcicle
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:50 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby icecreamcicle » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:18 am

I'm in NYC and I got mine 2 days after my JR2.

Congratulations to all the new admits!! :)

123kl
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby 123kl » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:59 am

hotshot234512 wrote:So it was amazing to get the acceptance today, real excited! Haven't told my parents yet because im not at home and want to tell them in person, hard to wait though. Anyway I want to show them the admissions binder, having just got in today when could I realistically expect it? How long did it take previous accepted applicants to get it? I'm in New Jersey. The application status check says that the admissions binder was sent today, although my email said it will be sent later in the week.


Don't get your hopes up though. It isn't really a binder. Just a folder with the admission letter, a couple of HLS bumper stickers and then an admitted students handbook. There's an online "green" binder that can be accessed with the user name they give you in the packet.

onebiglie
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:56 am

Re: In at Harvard

Postby onebiglie » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:35 am

123kl wrote:
hotshot234512 wrote:So it was amazing to get the acceptance today, real excited! Haven't told my parents yet because im not at home and want to tell them in person, hard to wait though. Anyway I want to show them the admissions binder, having just got in today when could I realistically expect it? How long did it take previous accepted applicants to get it? I'm in New Jersey. The application status check says that the admissions binder was sent today, although my email said it will be sent later in the week.


Don't get your hopes up though. It isn't really a binder. Just a folder with the admission letter, a couple of HLS bumper stickers and then an admitted students handbook. There's an online "green" binder that can be accessed with the user name they give you in the packet.


is there any way to log into the admitted students website before you get your packet? NYU, for example, has a standard way of assigning login names and passwords (ss number, dob, last name, etc.). does harvard?

User avatar
almightypush
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:19 am

Re: In at Harvard

Postby almightypush » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:50 am

onebiglie wrote:
123kl wrote:
hotshot234512 wrote:So it was amazing to get the acceptance today, real excited! Haven't told my parents yet because im not at home and want to tell them in person, hard to wait though. Anyway I want to show them the admissions binder, having just got in today when could I realistically expect it? How long did it take previous accepted applicants to get it? I'm in New Jersey. The application status check says that the admissions binder was sent today, although my email said it will be sent later in the week.


Don't get your hopes up though. It isn't really a binder. Just a folder with the admission letter, a couple of HLS bumper stickers and then an admitted students handbook. There's an online "green" binder that can be accessed with the user name they give you in the packet.


is there any way to log into the admitted students website before you get your packet? NYU, for example, has a standard way of assigning login names and passwords (ss number, dob, last name, etc.). does harvard?


i don't believe you can... also in the packet is info you'll use to 'claim' your HLS Me account. unless i'm mistaken, you have to do that before you're able to create the password you'll use to access the admitted students website.

juliachild-ish
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby juliachild-ish » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:30 pm

I am posting in this thread/resurrecting it! I got my JR2 this morning--he called my work phone instead of my cell for some reason, which really threw me off for a second.

I'm pretty thrilled to be in this position...never would have expected it a year ago. Does anyone have any thoughts on which ASW to attend? I'm sort of leaning towards March to get it out of the way and not have to worry about schedule conflicts. But I really hate the cold, and I worry that visiting in early March instead of mid-April will unfairly affect my decision.

(And yes, I know I will have to face up to the cold sooner or later; I did my UG in MA)

User avatar
rm61
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:46 am

Re: In at Harvard

Postby rm61 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:42 pm

juliachild-ish wrote:I am posting in this thread/resurrecting it! I got my JR2 this morning--he called my work phone instead of my cell for some reason, which really threw me off for a second.

I'm pretty thrilled to be in this position...never would have expected it a year ago. Does anyone have any thoughts on which ASW to attend? I'm sort of leaning towards March to get it out of the way and not have to worry about schedule conflicts. But I really hate the cold, and I worry that visiting in early March instead of mid-April will unfairly affect my decision.

(And yes, I know I will have to face up to the cold sooner or later; I did my UG in MA)



Congrats!! I chose the March ASW to get it out of the way, and to get a realistic look at the winters I'll have to deal with. Are you a fellow West Coaster?

juliachild-ish
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby juliachild-ish » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:01 pm

Yup, I'm an Arizona native...and real winter can be kind of brutal. But I do think it's a good idea to know what you're getting yourself into. I visited my UG in July and it was gorgeous...not sure I would have picked the same school had I visited in March.

User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby DoubleChecks » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:08 pm

you know, if you mentally psyche yourself out enough about the winter beforehand, it wont be that bad. i was picturing real bad weather up here...and apparently it has snowed a lot more than usual this year. ive been perfectly fine with it lol. in fact, if you dress appropriately, it isnt that bad at all. a few missteps at first, but by winter break, i had it nailed down. raised in TX btw lol.

onebiglie
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:56 am

Re: In at Harvard

Postby onebiglie » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:18 pm

has anyone else used their JR2 voicemail to pick up chicks/dudes/whatever at a bar? :D

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: In at Harvard

Postby rundoxierun » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:18 pm

onebiglie wrote:has anyone else used their JR2 voicemail to pick up chicks/dudes/whatever at a bar? :D


lol.. plz explain?

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby northwood » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:22 pm

onebiglie wrote:has anyone else used their JR2 voicemail to pick up chicks/dudes/whatever at a bar? :D



wonder what you are tying to compensate for?

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: In at Harvard

Postby rundoxierun » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:33 pm

northwood wrote:
onebiglie wrote:has anyone else used their JR2 voicemail to pick up chicks/dudes/whatever at a bar? :D



wonder what you are tying to compensate for?

huh?? strange jump there..

onebiglie
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:56 am

Re: In at Harvard

Postby onebiglie » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:35 pm

tkgrrett wrote:
onebiglie wrote:has anyone else used their JR2 voicemail to pick up chicks/dudes/whatever at a bar? :D


lol.. plz explain?


I didn't actually have my phone with me when I got the JR2, so I got a voicemail, which can be replayed at any time for anybody. This includes any female I happen to be flirting with at a bar who doesn't initially believe me when I tell her what my plans for next year are...

onebiglie
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:56 am

Re: In at Harvard

Postby onebiglie » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:38 pm

northwood wrote:
onebiglie wrote:has anyone else used their JR2 voicemail to pick up chicks/dudes/whatever at a bar? :D



wonder what you are tying to compensate for?


It's not a matter of compensation. I could pick up women without ever mentioning my future plans. but when you're going after the creme de la creme, you sometimes need to lay all the cards out on the table. Trust me, girls find it very impressive.

User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby DoubleChecks » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:41 pm

onebiglie wrote:
northwood wrote:
onebiglie wrote:has anyone else used their JR2 voicemail to pick up chicks/dudes/whatever at a bar? :D



wonder what you are tying to compensate for?


I didn't actually have my phone with me when I got the JR2, so I got a voicemail, which can be replayed at any time for anybody. This includes any female I happen to be flirting with at a bar who doesn't initially believe me when I tell her what my plans for next year are...

It's not a matter of compensation. I could pick up women without ever mentioning my future plans. but when you're going after the creme de la creme, you sometimes need to lay all the cards out on the table. Trust me, girls find it very impressive.


lol are you a real person?

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby arism87 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:41 pm

onebiglie wrote:
northwood wrote:
onebiglie wrote:has anyone else used their JR2 voicemail to pick up chicks/dudes/whatever at a bar? :D



wonder what you are tying to compensate for?


It's not a matter of compensation. I could pick up women without ever mentioning my future plans. but when you're going after the creme de la creme, you sometimes need to lay all the cards out on the table. Trust me, girls find it very impressive.


Ew. Ewewew. I feel sorry for the guy that tries this on me.

I must not be the creme de la creme.

User avatar
WhatSarahSaid
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:01 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby WhatSarahSaid » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:50 pm

onebiglie wrote:has anyone else used their JR2 voicemail to pick up chicks/dudes/whatever at a bar? :D


Anyone can record a voicemail message that says he or she got into Harvard. I require all potential suitors to send me a notarized record of their LSAT score, an official transcript, two letters of recommendation from past lovers (I'll accept up to four), a socioeconomic background addendum, and a personal statement that relates the things they are and aren't willing to try in bed.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:58 pm

onebiglie wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:
onebiglie wrote:has anyone else used their JR2 voicemail to pick up chicks/dudes/whatever at a bar? :D


lol.. plz explain?


I didn't actually have my phone with me when I got the JR2, so I got a voicemail, which can be replayed at any time for anybody. This includes any female I happen to be flirting with at a bar who doesn't initially believe me when I tell her what my plans for next year are...

Image




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], mccracal and 5 guests