Seton HAll

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
legallyb

Re: Seton HAll

Postby legallyb » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:26 pm

Edit
Last edited by legallyb on Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bgb1016

Postby bgb1016 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:32 pm

kaybee123 wrote:For those of you attending next year, has anyone tried to create their e-mail account with the instructions sent in the mail? I have been having trouble doing so. Last week I was told their server was having an issue. Thanks!

I can't make it work either! I kept thinking I was somehow missing a step in the Nancy Drew code-cracking instructions.

AmericaninManchuria

Postby AmericaninManchuria » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:09 pm

So I was planning on going to Rutgers after I was accepted in Feb. with $8,000, but then, I just got a packet from Seton Hall (where my app. was incomplete- so thats weird) accepting me and offering me the Chancellor's schol. of $35,000. So now Seton Hall would save me $4,000 a year, but I'm trying to figure out which is a better school in the long run- of course Seton Hall is ranked higher, but I keep hearing that Rutgers has better job placement and alumni network, so I'm hesitant.

What are your opinions about Rutgers vs. Seton Hall job placement?

w.ftw

Postby w.ftw » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:18 am

how long does it usually take for a decision, my status says "file has been placed under review"

bport hopeful

Postby bport hopeful » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:55 pm

Went to ASD today. The building was really nice, but the surrounding area is beat. Dont really see myself working and living there honestly.

Ridore

Postby Ridore » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:54 am

was waitlisted from here and recently withdrew from it. I do not get the admissions there. I got into cardozo straight up, but not seton hall :(

YankeesFan

Postby YankeesFan » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:37 pm

I deposited at Wake Forest and I just got an email inviting me to apply for the Distinguished Public Interest Scholars Program. Now I don't know what to do...

JDHopeful

Postby JDHopeful » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:45 am

withdrew yesterday freeing up a load of $

legallyb

Postby legallyb » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:40 pm

I sent in my deposit this week.

gaud

Postby gaud » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:21 pm

YankeesFan wrote:I deposited at Wake Forest and I just got an email inviting me to apply for the Distinguished Public Interest Scholars Program. Now I don't know what to do...

Where do you want to work when you finish school is the question?

IHaveLawyers

Postby IHaveLawyers » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:47 am

Hey Guys, I got admitted to Seton Hall - I applied cause I got a fee wavier. I have been hearing a lot of bad things about the school on the internet, it seems to have a horrible reputation. What do you guys make of all of this? Are job prospects really that bad? I hear that majority of their graduates are working for $15/hour jobs doing document review work? Are all these just rumors or is there anything legitimate to this?

IHaveLawyers

Postby IHaveLawyers » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:50 am

Hey Guys, I got admitted to Seton Hall - I applied cause I got a fee wavier. I have been hearing a lot of bad things about the school on the internet, it seems to have a horrible reputation. What do you guys make of all of this? Are job prospects really that bad? I hear that majority of their graduates are working for $15/hour jobs doing document review work? Are all these just rumors or is there anything legitimate to this?

legallyb

Postby legallyb » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:38 am

What matters is how you perform and the connections you make at law school. People who screw around at Yale and Harvard will have bad job prospects just as people who do so at other schools. If you're serious about it and apply yourself to doing well, odds are you will be fine.

IHaveLawyers wrote:Hey Guys, I got admitted to Seton Hall - I applied cause I got a fee wavier. I have been hearing a lot of bad things about the school on the internet, it seems to have a horrible reputation. What do you guys make of all of this? Are job prospects really that bad? I hear that majority of their graduates are working for $15/hour jobs doing document review work? Are all these just rumors or is there anything legitimate to this?

IHaveLawyers

Postby IHaveLawyers » Sun May 01, 2011 1:42 pm

I was just in NY for a trip and decided to drop by Seton Hall. It was = a real beautiful building, and inside was pretty impressive as well. It was by far the nicest looking school I have seen.

bport hopeful

Postby bport hopeful » Sun May 01, 2011 2:40 pm

IHaveLawyers wrote:I was just in NY for a trip and decided to drop by Seton Hall. It was = a real beautiful building, and inside was pretty impressive as well. It was by far the nicest looking school I have seen.

I felt the same way, but the surrounding area was not nearly as nice.

Also, freeing up 35,000 a year tomorrow.

mbgizmo

Postby mbgizmo » Mon May 02, 2011 1:42 pm

Got accepted via the LEO program - will be attending PT at night - has anyone else been accepted via LEO or have any info on the LEO program that is not listed on SH website - anyone know what hours the 2 week summer course is ??

Thanks for all replies

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”