Southwestern 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
biglonestar
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:04 am

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby biglonestar » Tue May 17, 2011 1:15 am

Thanks everyone! I had been checking status checker for 6 weeks now and to suddenly not have to anymore feels weird haha! I hope all of you find out an answer soon...waiting sucks! They sure didnt give me much time on the seat deposit..I have both due($1000) in 10 days.

User avatar
singingkris
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:04 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby singingkris » Tue May 17, 2011 2:04 am

biglonestar wrote:Accepted today!!!!!!! I am sooo happy! Time to quit my job!

Super Congrats!! Very exciting. Good luck! :)

Oblivion_08
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby Oblivion_08 » Tue May 17, 2011 4:44 am

biglonestar wrote:Thanks everyone! I had been checking status checker for 6 weeks now and to suddenly not have to anymore feels weird haha! I hope all of you find out an answer soon...waiting sucks! They sure didnt give me much time on the seat deposit..I have both due($1000) in 10 days.

Congrats to you, good luck!

User avatar
chango
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:28 am

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby chango » Tue May 17, 2011 10:51 pm

SFnative wrote: they all did say that SW is underrated, I challenged them by asking them about the facts available, but they kinda avoided it, .



What do you mean by "asking them about the facts available?" What facts? Is there anything I can answer for you?

User avatar
SFnative
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby SFnative » Wed May 18, 2011 1:07 am

chango wrote:
SFnative wrote: they all did say that SW is underrated, I challenged them by asking them about the facts available, but they kinda avoided it, .



What do you mean by "asking them about the facts available?" What facts? Is there anything I can answer for you?



Sorry, I should have bee more clear, I simply asked them about the bar passage rate, the difficulty of trying to find work outside LA.. I wasnt trying to bash SW to SW students, I simply wanted to see if they would advise me in attending. I want to live in CA and would love to work in LA...

User avatar
Jim Halpert
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 1:27 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby Jim Halpert » Wed May 18, 2011 12:37 pm

SFnative wrote:Is there a facebook group?


I was going to ask the same thing...I searched but didn't find anything. I was about to create one but I need to add a friend to the group to create it :wink:

tllee
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:29 am

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby tllee » Wed May 18, 2011 4:08 pm

Withdrew! hope it helps :)

debili123
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:12 am

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby debili123 » Wed May 18, 2011 5:55 pm

can u pls pm me ur stats?

tllee wrote:Withdrew! hope it helps :)

User avatar
SFnative
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby SFnative » Wed May 18, 2011 6:34 pm

Jim Halpert wrote:
SFnative wrote:Is there a facebook group?


I was going to ask the same thing...I searched but didn't find anything. I was about to create one but I need to add a friend to the group to create it :wink:


create the group and add me

law818
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:51 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby law818 » Wed May 18, 2011 7:56 pm

debili123 wrote:can u pls pm me ur stats?

tllee wrote:Withdrew! hope it helps :)


Same here please..

User avatar
Jim Halpert
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 1:27 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby Jim Halpert » Thu May 19, 2011 2:08 am

SFnative wrote:
Jim Halpert wrote:
SFnative wrote:Is there a facebook group?


I was going to ask the same thing...I searched but didn't find anything. I was about to create one but I need to add a friend to the group to create it :wink:


create the group and add me


I can't...I have to add a friend to create the group...

User avatar
Jim Halpert
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 1:27 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby Jim Halpert » Thu May 19, 2011 11:43 am

Here's the group I made for Class of '14:

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gr ... 8453330105

User avatar
SFnative
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby SFnative » Thu May 19, 2011 4:45 pm

Does anyone here know if SW redistributes withdrawn scholarship money to already admitted students or WL's??

adonai
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:09 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby adonai » Thu May 19, 2011 10:35 pm

SFnative wrote:Does anyone here know if SW redistributes withdrawn scholarship money to already admitted students or WL's??

I talked to them and they said they have no more money left and are finalized in their funding. So no more money to be distributed for this cycle. Maybe if by some chance people withdrew at the second deposit. But it seems like lots of SW students are on TLS or something, cause they are doing the smart thing and taking the money and running with it.

stargazer3620
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:19 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby stargazer3620 » Tue May 31, 2011 7:58 am

Did anyone go to the Southwestern Connection last week? If so, how was it?

pleasedontpanic
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 5:29 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby pleasedontpanic » Tue May 31, 2011 5:32 pm

in review since 2/7/2011

called last week and was told that my online status is the most current. gave them my name and lsac number and they said they would locate my file and make a move.

still no word. getting really annoyed.

ccc999
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:06 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby ccc999 » Tue May 31, 2011 8:03 pm

pleasedontpanic wrote:in review since 2/7/2011

called last week and was told that my online status is the most current. gave them my name and lsac number and they said they would locate my file and make a move.

still no word. getting really annoyed.


Im also still under review and have called about it but they don't give me much information. I am losing patience.What are your numbers?

RAB
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:52 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby RAB » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:43 pm

Withdrew today from full-time program

JRoFL
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:49 am

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby JRoFL » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:15 pm

ccc999 wrote:
pleasedontpanic wrote:in review since 2/7/2011

called last week and was told that my online status is the most current. gave them my name and lsac number and they said they would locate my file and make a move.

still no word. getting really annoyed.


Im also still under review and have called about it but they don't give me much information. I am losing patience.What are your numbers?



also in review since forever (2/22/2011) zero movement and no responses to any of my emails and every time I call I get the same vague answers. I had originally really wanted to go to SW but I live far away and getting a decision a few weeks before classes start basically makes attending impossible.

thefifthspeed
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:14 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby thefifthspeed » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:37 pm

Withdrew from FT. The BAR pass rate made me nervous.

User avatar
singingkris
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:04 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby singingkris » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:19 pm

thefifthspeed wrote:Withdrew from FT. The BAR pass rate made me nervous.


Are you talking about Feb's bar pass rate? What is it? I have been trying to find the info online and can't locate it.

thefifthspeed
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:14 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby thefifthspeed » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:34 am

singingkris wrote:
thefifthspeed wrote:Withdrew from FT. The BAR pass rate made me nervous.


Are you talking about Feb's bar pass rate? What is it? I have been trying to find the info online and can't locate it.


2009:
http://www.protectconsumerjustice.org/c ... chool.html
2010:
http://www.protectconsumerjustice.org/2 ... ool-2.html

User avatar
singingkris
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:04 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby singingkris » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:54 am

thefifthspeed wrote:
singingkris wrote:
thefifthspeed wrote:Withdrew from FT. The BAR pass rate made me nervous.


Are you talking about Feb's bar pass rate? What is it? I have been trying to find the info online and can't locate it.


2009:
http://www.protectconsumerjustice.org/c ... chool.html
2010:
http://www.protectconsumerjustice.org/2 ... ool-2.html

Thanks for taking the time to post this.

ljeucla
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:28 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby ljeucla » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:13 pm

Anyone know what it means when the current status date changes? It changed to today's date (6/2) but I have no updates on my actual status page.

User avatar
singingkris
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:04 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby singingkris » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:16 pm

ljeucla wrote:Anyone know what it means when the current status date changes? It changed to today's date (6/2) but I have no updates on my actual status page.


Usually that means that there has been some activity with your file. When my review date changed, it wasn't much longer after that when I received a decision.

Good Luck! :)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests