Southwestern 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
CmonSD
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby CmonSD » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:08 pm

thefifthspeed wrote:In review since 1/8 - Any other holdouts out there with similar time in review or should I start making calls? I'm their median LSAT and above GPA and i've heard nada.

It would be nice to hear something very soon so I don't start wasting deposit money.


Me! I emailed a couple of days ago and they apologized for the delay......but still nothing. I had to pay a $500 deposit today.......kind of annoyed.

mediation_86
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:43 am

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby mediation_86 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:32 pm

thefifthspeed wrote:In review since 1/8 - Any other holdouts out there with similar time in review or should I start making calls? I'm their median LSAT and above GPA and i've heard nada.

It would be nice to hear something very soon so I don't start wasting deposit money.


same with me...i wonder what is taking them so long. I have been in review since 1/13

User avatar
CmonSD
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby CmonSD » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:39 pm

With that said. My status changed to yesterday's date and has a new heading regarding the review process taking 8-12 weeks. lol

User avatar
singingkris
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:04 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby singingkris » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:42 pm

CmonSD wrote:With that said. My status changed to yesterday's date and has a new heading regarding the review process taking 8-12 weeks. lol



Any day now....

Oblivion_08
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby Oblivion_08 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:20 pm

I'm starting to lose hope of hearing from this school...my status still hasnt changed. Like what the fuck are they so busy with? :)

stargazer3620
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:19 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby stargazer3620 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:32 pm

Oblivion_08 wrote:I'm starting to lose hope of hearing from this school...my status still hasnt changed. Like what the fuck are they so busy with? :)

Image

Danimal
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:11 am

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby Danimal » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:20 pm

Just called admissions. The admissions officer stated that applicants accepted after the 4/15 deadline will have a different seat deposit date and that "people will definitely be admitted after this date". Hope this helps.

User avatar
singingkris
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:04 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby singingkris » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:27 pm

Danimal wrote:Just called admissions. The admissions officer stated that applicants accepted after the 4/15 deadline will have a different seat deposit date and that "people will definitely be admitted after this date". Hope this helps.

:D

User avatar
CmonSD
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby CmonSD » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:48 pm

singingkris wrote:
CmonSD wrote:With that said. My status changed to yesterday's date and has a new heading regarding the review process taking 8-12 weeks. lol



Any day now....


Hopefully. This is the second time my status has changed and my 12th week of being in review. C'mon!!

Oblivion_08
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby Oblivion_08 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:21 pm

I talked to someone who has been helping me get into SW, she told me that I had been accepted..but it takes a couple days to process the paperwork. A lot of files are coming in and out, so she told me to wait until next Wed for the status to change. Hope this helps.

User avatar
zla2014
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby zla2014 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:43 pm

The scholarship reception was great. Not very informative, more of a get to know you dinner. Everyone was very nice and there were a good number of people. It was dark and in a pretty small room, but if I had to guess I'd say between 50-75 people there. Only two tables of SCALE students, though.

User avatar
2807
Posts: 579
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby 2807 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:19 pm

zla2014 wrote:The scholarship reception was great. Not very informative, more of a get to know you dinner. Everyone was very nice and there were a good number of people. It was dark and in a pretty small room, but if I had to guess I'd say between 50-75 people there. Only two tables of SCALE students, though.



Did they happen to tell you the tuition for SCALE?

User avatar
zla2014
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby zla2014 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:03 pm

2807 wrote:
zla2014 wrote:The scholarship reception was great. Not very informative, more of a get to know you dinner. Everyone was very nice and there were a good number of people. It was dark and in a pretty small room, but if I had to guess I'd say between 50-75 people there. Only two tables of SCALE students, though.



Did they happen to tell you the tuition for SCALE?


No, but if you call and ask they tell you around $53,000/yr.

User avatar
2807
Posts: 579
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby 2807 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:28 pm

zla2014 wrote:
2807 wrote:
zla2014 wrote:The scholarship reception was great. Not very informative, more of a get to know you dinner. Everyone was very nice and there were a good number of people. It was dark and in a pretty small room, but if I had to guess I'd say between 50-75 people there. Only two tables of SCALE students, though.



Did they happen to tell you the tuition for SCALE?


No, but if you call and ask they tell you around $53,000/yr.


Is $59,000 "around" $53,000 ?

User avatar
zla2014
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby zla2014 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:27 pm

2807 wrote:
zla2014 wrote:
2807 wrote:
zla2014 wrote:The scholarship reception was great. Not very informative, more of a get to know you dinner. Everyone was very nice and there were a good number of people. It was dark and in a pretty small room, but if I had to guess I'd say between 50-75 people there. Only two tables of SCALE students, though.



Did they happen to tell you the tuition for SCALE?


No, but if you call and ask they tell you around $53,000/yr.


Is $59,000 "around" $53,000 ?


I'm quoting what they told me a few weeks ago when I called them myself. No need to get snippy.

User avatar
2807
Posts: 579
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby 2807 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:58 pm

Hey now... no intent to snip.
Sorry. 8)

But I am bummed that the tuition is "still being decided" and the figure appears to be approx 59k.
11-12% jump. Ouch. :|

adonai
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:09 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby adonai » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:29 pm

2807 wrote:Hey now... no intent to snip.
Sorry. 8)

But I am bummed that the tuition is "still being decided" and the figure appears to be approx 59k.
11-12% jump. Ouch. :|

So SCALE isn't cheaper at all. You're just going for an accelerated program. I really only see it viable if one has a job lined up after grad and is eager to start. Other than that, I think taking your time would be best with the economy and all..

I wonder how many who went today are actually considering to take the scholly and run with it.

RAB
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:52 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby RAB » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:41 pm

adonai wrote:
2807 wrote:Hey now... no intent to snip.
Sorry. 8)

But I am bummed that the tuition is "still being decided" and the figure appears to be approx 59k.
11-12% jump. Ouch. :|

So SCALE isn't cheaper at all. You're just going for an accelerated program. I really only see it viable if one has a job lined up after grad and is eager to start. Other than that, I think taking your time would be best with the economy and all..

I wonder how many who went today are actually considering to take the scholly and run with it.


I was just about to ask the same thing. Did the people you spoke with seem interested in attending sw?

User avatar
Kurt Cobain
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:43 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby Kurt Cobain » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:06 am

What makes you think/how do you know tuition for SCALE is going up so much?

User avatar
2807
Posts: 579
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby 2807 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:52 am

Kurt Cobain wrote:What makes you think/how do you know tuition for SCALE is going up so much?



It was a figure they told me, but it remains unconfirmed. I began to feel like I was the bad guy for pressing them for a figure. :shock:

So, I am pressing you guys now. hahahaha

It was an innocent question to start with. I was talking to financial aid and they asked me how much money in loans I need. I said I don't know "how much is tuition".

The rest is history......

dtl
Posts: 305
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:08 am

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby dtl » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:58 am

They were hoping to double the scale numbers this year to around 80... and they ended up with LESS students than last year at around 30. Not sure what exactly that means for this cycle but there you go.

User avatar
2807
Posts: 579
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby 2807 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:04 am

dtl wrote:They were hoping to double the scale numbers this year to around 80... and they ended up with LESS students than last year at around 30. Not sure what exactly that means for this cycle but there you go.



Wow. Well, cool. We will all get to be a friendly little group. Heck, 30 people? if a few drop, we can all meet at my house. Neat-o.

I wonder if the other programs are as sparse?

User avatar
singingkris
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:04 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby singingkris » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:58 am

2807 wrote:
dtl wrote:They were hoping to double the scale numbers this year to around 80... and they ended up with LESS students than last year at around 30. Not sure what exactly that means for this cycle but there you go.



Wow. Well, cool. We will all get to be a friendly little group. Heck, 30 people? if a few drop, we can all meet at my house. Neat-o.

I wonder if the other programs are as sparse?

Hmm I wonder if the the overall applicant pool was a lot smaller this year....

User avatar
zla2014
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby zla2014 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:35 pm

2807 wrote:Hey now... no intent to snip.
Sorry. 8)

But I am bummed that the tuition is "still being decided" and the figure appears to be approx 59k.
11-12% jump. Ouch. :|


lol. I'm a little irked myself that they told me "approx. $53,000" and a few weeks later it miraculously jumps 6k more. I thought they were awarding me half-tuition. Now, if I accept I'll graduate with 65k in debt rather than 53k

User avatar
zla2014
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby zla2014 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:36 pm

RAB wrote:
adonai wrote:
2807 wrote:Hey now... no intent to snip.
Sorry. 8)

But I am bummed that the tuition is "still being decided" and the figure appears to be approx 59k.
11-12% jump. Ouch. :|

So SCALE isn't cheaper at all. You're just going for an accelerated program. I really only see it viable if one has a job lined up after grad and is eager to start. Other than that, I think taking your time would be best with the economy and all..

I wonder how many who went today are actually considering to take the scholly and run with it.


I was just about to ask the same thing. Did the people you spoke with seem interested in attending sw?


There were only like 5 ppl at my table but they did seem set on attending SW.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 512, Google Adsense [Bot], joezze, laqueredup, lillawyer2, TudoBem, Zoe107 and 12 guests