Southwestern 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
sanjola
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby sanjola » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:02 am

meh3884 wrote:
RAB wrote:Yeah I would really like to know what they're doing there. Are they waiting for feb scores to come out to see if they're going to get more applicants? Are they just going after 160+ ppl right now ( I know others have been accepted w scores not in the 160s but most ppl that are listed on lsn under sw and the users who are not verified that I have seen have mostly been 160+, one I saw yest who had a 167 and was in at ucla) ..how much longer do you think we'll have to wait?


To be honest, I've all but decided I'm going to retake in June and wait a year, so I'm about ready to withdraw my applications, and I wouldn't stop myself from mentioning in the note that "since you haven't reached a decision yet...". Maybe, just maybe, that would light a fire under it for the rest of you guys.



Please do that for all of us still waiting, meh. I have stopped the OCD mailman stalking and status checking, which is a positive thing, but it's beyond ridiculous that I have been complete since 10/17 and haven't heard a word yet.

meh3884
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:23 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby meh3884 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:25 pm

sanjola wrote:Please do that for all of us still waiting, meh. I have stopped the OCD mailman stalking and status checking, which is a positive thing, but it's beyond ridiculous that I have been complete since 10/17 and haven't heard a word yet.


Despite being curious about the final outcome, it's really a little selfish since I know beyond a doubt that with my numbers I will not get enough money to attend SW.....'tis done!

Southwestern Law Admissions,

I am writing to withdraw my application for admittance to Southwestern Law School for fall 2011. I have decided it is in my best interest to retake the LSAT and increase my work experience for a year before applying once again to law school. Since a decision hasn't yet been reached on my SW Law application, I would like to save the admissions committee their time in the hopes they may soon get to other applicants who are eagerly awaiting admittance.

I sincerely thank you for your time and hope I may be considered again in a year when I've had a chance to put together my best application.

Respectfully,
[meh3884]
LSAC #[--------]

Hope it doesn't come off too edgy!

RAB
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:52 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby RAB » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:30 pm

meh3884 wrote:
sanjola wrote:Please do that for all of us still waiting, meh. I have stopped the OCD mailman stalking and status checking, which is a positive thing, but it's beyond ridiculous that I have been complete since 10/17 and haven't heard a word yet.


Despite being curious about the final outcome, it's really a little selfish since I know beyond a doubt that with my numbers I will not get enough money to attend SW.....'tis done!

Southwestern Law Admissions,

I am writing to withdraw my application for admittance to Southwestern Law School for fall 2011. I have decided it is in my best interest to retake the LSAT and increase my work experience for a year before applying once again to law school. Since a decision hasn't yet been reached on my SW Law application, I would like to save the admissions committee their time in the hopes they may soon get to other applicants who are eagerly awaiting admittance.

I sincerely thank you for your time and hope I may be considered again in a year when I've had a chance to put together my best application.

Respectfully,
[meh3884]
LSAC #[--------]

Hope it doesn't come off too edgy!


Did you send that in already? Maybe they will get the picture lol...are you still currently in undergrad?

meh3884
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:23 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby meh3884 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:35 pm

RAB wrote:
Did you send that in already? Maybe they will get the picture lol...are you still currently in undergrad?


Yeah, I'm still in undergrad. If it comes off a little tough to them, it is OK, because when I retake, my top choices aren't in LA so if they bum out on me, I'll survive. Really, if they take it any other way than "wow, we should start sending out some decisions", then shame on them.

justright157
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:12 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby justright157 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:31 pm

It doesn't sound tough.... It's just right.
Best of luck to u bro! Hope things work out for u. Thanks for thinking about the rest of us too. Much appreciated!

meh3884 wrote:
RAB wrote:
Did you send that in already? Maybe they will get the picture lol...are you still currently in undergrad?


Yeah, I'm still in undergrad. If it comes off a little tough to them, it is OK, because when I retake, my top choices aren't in LA so if they bum out on me, I'll survive. Really, if they take it any other way than "wow, we should start sending out some decisions", then shame on them.

User avatar
sanjola
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby sanjola » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:34 pm

meh3884 wrote:
sanjola wrote:Please do that for all of us still waiting, meh. I have stopped the OCD mailman stalking and status checking, which is a positive thing, but it's beyond ridiculous that I have been complete since 10/17 and haven't heard a word yet.


Despite being curious about the final outcome, it's really a little selfish since I know beyond a doubt that with my numbers I will not get enough money to attend SW.....'tis done!

Southwestern Law Admissions,

I am writing to withdraw my application for admittance to Southwestern Law School for fall 2011. I have decided it is in my best interest to retake the LSAT and increase my work experience for a year before applying once again to law school. Since a decision hasn't yet been reached on my SW Law application, I would like to save the admissions committee their time in the hopes they may soon get to other applicants who are eagerly awaiting admittance.

I sincerely thank you for your time and hope I may be considered again in a year when I've had a chance to put together my best application.

Respectfully,
[meh3884]
LSAC #[--------]

Hope it doesn't come off too edgy!


Thanks for the update, meh! I don't think it's too edgy at all. It's actually perfect. It's formal, but not robotic. Good luck with everything!

Phatslice
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:22 am

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby Phatslice » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:31 pm

I might help many of you out. I just officially booked my plane tickets (to go see other schools), and may call Southwestern this week and tell them to withdraw my application because they took too long. I know that is pretty much burning my bridge with them, but who really cares since I am going to another school (and it isn't like I am saying anything but the truth). I will let everyone know how that goes and hopefully it helps speed up the process for everyone else.

Seriously though how the heck am I not accepted with close to a full scholarship? :) I am way above their 75th for both LSAT and GPA ( 160/3.8 ). Good luck everyone.

adonai
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:09 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby adonai » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:28 pm

Phatslice wrote:I might help many of you out. I just officially booked my plane tickets (to go see other schools), and may call Southwestern this week and tell them to withdraw my application because they took too long. I know that is pretty much burning my bridge with them, but who really cares since I am going to another school (and it isn't like I am saying anything but the truth). I will let everyone know how that goes and hopefully it helps speed up the process for everyone else.

Seriously though how the heck am I not accepted with close to a full scholarship? :) I am way above their 75th for both LSAT and GPA ( 160/3.8 ). Good luck everyone.

Might as well ask about the scholly situation while you're at it. A lot of people above 75ths did not get any scholly info. I truly wonder if it is because they are tight on money this year or are gonna send it out later, which is a really bad move anyway cause they're running really behind as it is.

justright157
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:12 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby justright157 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:01 pm

My status changed again for the 3rd time to today's date. Anyone else? It also shows the 8-12 weeks message again on top. I guess I'm putting down deposits at other schools....was really hoping to hear from SW before deposits were due but that looks less likely now....sheesh!

User avatar
sanjola
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby sanjola » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:17 pm

justright157 wrote:My status changed again for the 3rd time to today's date. Anyone else? It also shows the 8-12 weeks message again on top. I guess I'm putting down deposits at other schools....was really hoping to hear from SW before deposits were due but that looks less likely now....sheesh!



This happened to my status on 2/16 and nothing has changed since then. I think we can assume that they went through all the files for auto-admits, and auto-rejects, and have now finally gotten to everyone else. I think it is a ridiculous process, but I guess they can do whatever they want. They are really turning off some good applicants. Oh well.

User avatar
janefbk
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:35 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby janefbk » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:30 pm

sanjola wrote:
justright157 wrote:My status changed again for the 3rd time to today's date. Anyone else? It also shows the 8-12 weeks message again on top. I guess I'm putting down deposits at other schools....was really hoping to hear from SW before deposits were due but that looks less likely now....sheesh!



This happened to my status on 2/16 and nothing has changed since then. I think we can assume that they went through all the files for auto-admits, and auto-rejects, and have now finally gotten to everyone else. I think it is a ridiculous process, but I guess they can do whatever they want. They are really turning off some good applicants. Oh well.


Where does is say 8-12 weeks on the status checker?? Mine only says 'File Complete and In Review' since 12/13/10..

meh3884
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:23 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby meh3884 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:36 pm

Got this reply 12:30 PM EST, and my status checker went blank. Boy, they were sure quick to toss out my app, why aren't they bothering to read any?

Dear [meh3884],

Thank you for the notification.

Good luck on your future endeavors.

Best,

Office of Admission
Southwestern Law School
3050 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90010
(213) 738-6834
(213) 738-6899 fax
http://www.swlaw.edu

justright157
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:12 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby justright157 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:49 pm

That message for me is at the very top of the page, above my name and everything else. It was there originally, then went away, and now is back


janefbk wrote:
sanjola wrote:
justright157 wrote:My status changed again for the 3rd time to today's date. Anyone else? It also shows the 8-12 weeks message again on top. I guess I'm putting down deposits at other schools....was really hoping to hear from SW before deposits were due but that looks less likely now....sheesh!



This happened to my status on 2/16 and nothing has changed since then. I think we can assume that they went through all the files for auto-admits, and auto-rejects, and have now finally gotten to everyone else. I think it is a ridiculous process, but I guess they can do whatever they want. They are really turning off some good applicants. Oh well.


Where does is say 8-12 weeks on the status checker?? Mine only says 'File Complete and In Review' since 12/13/10..

dtl
Posts: 305
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:08 am

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby dtl » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:44 pm

Got my admissions packet to SCALE today with no mention of $ anyone else get them separately? With my scores I really think I am eligible.

adonai
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:09 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby adonai » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:54 pm

dtl wrote:Got my admissions packet to SCALE today with no mention of $ anyone else get them separately? With my scores I really think I am eligible.

Nope, didn't receive anything here either. Literally no one even on LSN has mentioned anything about scholarship money yet even though they have excellent numbers for the school. They have only awarded a couple of scholarships this cycle. Hopefully they're just lagging behind and will award them later, although that is really not a great marketing tactic for the school considering deposits are due next month and many schools have already awarded hefty scholarships. SW needs to get in the game!!

User avatar
Henchman21
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:03 am

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby Henchman21 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:44 am

adonai wrote:
dtl wrote:Got my admissions packet to SCALE today with no mention of $ anyone else get them separately? With my scores I really think I am eligible.

Nope, didn't receive anything here either. Literally no one even on LSN has mentioned anything about scholarship money yet even though they have excellent numbers for the school. They have only awarded a couple of scholarships this cycle. Hopefully they're just lagging behind and will award them later, although that is really not a great marketing tactic for the school considering deposits are due next month and many schools have already awarded hefty scholarships. SW needs to get in the game!!


Got an e-mail today to schedule an interview for one of the Wildman/ Schumacher Scholarships. Anybody have any experience with that?

adonai
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:09 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby adonai » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:24 pm

Henchman21 wrote:
adonai wrote:
dtl wrote:Got my admissions packet to SCALE today with no mention of $ anyone else get them separately? With my scores I really think I am eligible.

Nope, didn't receive anything here either. Literally no one even on LSN has mentioned anything about scholarship money yet even though they have excellent numbers for the school. They have only awarded a couple of scholarships this cycle. Hopefully they're just lagging behind and will award them later, although that is really not a great marketing tactic for the school considering deposits are due next month and many schools have already awarded hefty scholarships. SW needs to get in the game!!


Got an e-mail today to schedule an interview for one of the Wildman/ Schumacher Scholarships. Anybody have any experience with that?

When were you admitted?

User avatar
HopelesslyOptimistic
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:36 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby HopelesslyOptimistic » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:05 pm

I posted earlier that I had an interview for the Wildman Scholarship and found out a few weeks later that I got it. So there is scholarship activity going on, and people are starting to get awarded.

RAB
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:52 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby RAB » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:55 pm

So out of the 15 ppl on lsn (which there are more, just those ppl aren't verified) 2 have withdrawn...still wondering when the rest of us will finally hear.

User avatar
Henchman21
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:03 am

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby Henchman21 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:51 pm

adonai wrote:
Henchman21 wrote:
adonai wrote:
dtl wrote:Got my admissions packet to SCALE today with no mention of $ anyone else get them separately? With my scores I really think I am eligible.

Nope, didn't receive anything here either. Literally no one even on LSN has mentioned anything about scholarship money yet even though they have excellent numbers for the school. They have only awarded a couple of scholarships this cycle. Hopefully they're just lagging behind and will award them later, although that is really not a great marketing tactic for the school considering deposits are due next month and many schools have already awarded hefty scholarships. SW needs to get in the game!!


Got an e-mail today to schedule an interview for one of the Wildman/ Schumacher Scholarships. Anybody have any experience with that?

When were you admitted?



Feb. 2

justright157
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:12 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby justright157 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:36 pm

Anybody heard anything recently?

User avatar
janefbk
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:35 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby janefbk » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:02 pm

Is anyone going to the WCC Law Fair this Saturday? Is it worth going to if you have already applied?

justright157
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:12 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby justright157 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:16 pm

In my opinion it's not worth it. I think sw puts more weight to if u attended their events on their campus rather than the law fairs. It couldn't hurt if u have the time but I don't think it will add anything to ur app

janefbk wrote:Is anyone going to the WCC Law Fair this Saturday? Is it worth going to if you have already applied?

User avatar
CmonSD
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby CmonSD » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:39 pm

My status changed to today's date. Exciting to have something change somewhere! Sitting complete at some schools since September. :(

User avatar
calililaw
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:20 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby calililaw » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:40 pm

does anyone know if Southwestern has a mandatory attrition rate?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 3 guests