Southwestern 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
sanjola
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby sanjola » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:41 pm

justright157 wrote:anybody heard anything today?


Nope

justright157 wrote:whos going to the champagne dreams and caviar wishes luncheon?


:lol:

User avatar
SFnative
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby SFnative » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:55 pm

Well, if a full scholly is given to me than Ill take it, just applied here, good luck everyone....

User avatar
chango
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:28 am

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby chango » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:52 pm

balkibartakamoose11 wrote:All of the 160+ LSAT people will say that the only reason they would go to SW is cause of a scholarship and not cause they really love the school.... That's my impression at least. I think u will have some definitely matriculating in the end, but not the majority. If I had a great score like that, in this market and region (LA I mean where name means everything) I would go to the highest ranked school I would get into, scholarship or not.

SW should have sent out these 160+ acceptances back in December and at this point should be sending out median acceptances. pretty ridiculous that 1 and a half months before first deposits are due, SW is sending out acceptances to reach students.

RAB wrote:So I stalked lsn today, I mean only 2-4 ppl were showing up accepted as of today and they all had 160+. One of the ppl was not showing up on the sw list though bc apparently their acct is not verified.

It also seems that a lot of the 160+'s from last year withdrew. But maybe that will be different this year. Also, last year there were 125 ppl listed under sw on lsn this year there are 67 (yes, I counted, but at least I'm at work getting paid). Also, someone else who is not showing up on the list got admitted today it says they applied 1/5 with a 154/3.54


Are you this annoying in person, or is it a case of cyber-Aspergers? Your behavior in this thread is totally unacceptable. First the homophobia, then the inappropriate threats, (both under a different account, I see) and now bashing people who want to go to SWL (which is most of this thread) as well as people from Los Angeles?

meh3884
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:23 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby meh3884 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:00 pm

chango wrote:
balkibartakamoose11 wrote:All of the 160+ LSAT people will say that the only reason they would go to SW is cause of a scholarship and not cause they really love the school.... That's my impression at least. I think u will have some definitely matriculating in the end, but not the majority. If I had a great score like that, in this market and region (LA I mean where name means everything) I would go to the highest ranked school I would get into, scholarship or not.

SW should have sent out these 160+ acceptances back in December and at this point should be sending out median acceptances. pretty ridiculous that 1 and a half months before first deposits are due, SW is sending out acceptances to reach students.

RAB wrote:So I stalked lsn today, I mean only 2-4 ppl were showing up accepted as of today and they all had 160+. One of the ppl was not showing up on the sw list though bc apparently their acct is not verified.

It also seems that a lot of the 160+'s from last year withdrew. But maybe that will be different this year. Also, last year there were 125 ppl listed under sw on lsn this year there are 67 (yes, I counted, but at least I'm at work getting paid). Also, someone else who is not showing up on the list got admitted today it says they applied 1/5 with a 154/3.54


Are you this annoying in person, or is it a case of cyber-Aspergers? Your behavior in this thread is totally unacceptable. First the homophobia, then the inappropriate threats, (both under a different account, I see) and now bashing people who want to go to SWL (which is most of this thread) as well as people from Los Angeles?



Wait who are you talking about? I don't see any bashing in any of that?

User avatar
chango
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:28 am

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby chango » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:42 pm

meh3884 wrote:
chango wrote:
balkibartakamoose11 wrote:All of the 160+ LSAT people will say that the only reason they would go to SW is cause of a scholarship and not cause they really love the school.... That's my impression at least. I think u will have some definitely matriculating in the end, but not the majority. If I had a great score like that, in this market and region (LA I mean where name means everything) I would go to the highest ranked school I would get into, scholarship or not.

SW should have sent out these 160+ acceptances back in December and at this point should be sending out median acceptances. pretty ridiculous that 1 and a half months before first deposits are due, SW is sending out acceptances to reach students.

RAB wrote:So I stalked lsn today, I mean only 2-4 ppl were showing up accepted as of today and they all had 160+. One of the ppl was not showing up on the sw list though bc apparently their acct is not verified.

It also seems that a lot of the 160+'s from last year withdrew. But maybe that will be different this year. Also, last year there were 125 ppl listed under sw on lsn this year there are 67 (yes, I counted, but at least I'm at work getting paid). Also, someone else who is not showing up on the list got admitted today it says they applied 1/5 with a 154/3.54


Are you this annoying in person, or is it a case of cyber-Aspergers? Your behavior in this thread is totally unacceptable. First the homophobia, then the inappropriate threats, (both under a different account, I see) and now bashing people who want to go to SWL (which is most of this thread) as well as people from Los Angeles?



Wait who are you talking about? I don't see any bashing in any of that?
\

Exhibit One: balkibartakamoose wrote:
if your gay and that is a big factor, then ucla is perfect for you...they have a whole queen center that focuses on issues like prop 8.

Exhibit Two: balkibartakamoose wrote:
shut the fuck up beyotch. Im gonna be working for your mom fucking her in the ass full time 40 hours a week...good benefits too bro!

Exhibit Three: the only reason they would go to SW is cause of a scholarship and not cause they really love the school.

Exhibit Four: in this market and region (LA I mean where name means everything)

One and two speak for themselves.

Three is SW bashing because it's asserting that no one with a 160+ LSAT would go to the school because they love it.

Four is LA bashing because it insinuates that Angelenos are superficial.

adonai
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:09 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby adonai » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:52 pm

Got my admissions packet today. No scholly info. :cry:

meh3884
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:23 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby meh3884 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:02 am

chango wrote:
Exhibit One: balkibartakamoose wrote:
if your gay and that is a big factor, then ucla is perfect for you...they have a whole queen center that focuses on issues like prop 8.

Exhibit Two: balkibartakamoose wrote:
shut the fuck up beyotch. Im gonna be working for your mom fucking her in the ass full time 40 hours a week...good benefits too bro!

Exhibit Three: the only reason they would go to SW is cause of a scholarship and not cause they really love the school.

Exhibit Four: in this market and region (LA I mean where name means everything)

One and two speak for themselves.

Three is SW bashing because it's asserting that no one with a 160+ LSAT would go to the school because they love it.

Four is LA bashing because it insinuates that Angelenos are superficial.


aaah, sorry I forgot about that guy. Looks like he's back from his ban. But I don't think the last two are inciting any issues, maybe the punishment worked?

justright157
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:12 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby justright157 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:33 am

U goin to the champagne brunch on Saturday?

adonai wrote:Got my admissions packet today. No scholly info. :cry:

adonai
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:09 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby adonai » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:42 am

justright157 wrote:U goin to the champagne brunch on Saturday?

Not sure. Pretty last minute so I might just hold out for one of the other events.

RAB
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:52 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby RAB » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:50 am

I see someone else was accepted on lsn they have a 156/3.42, but they're not showing up on the sw list bc they're not verified ( I don't get why some ppl aren't)...but when you click school and then the application updates tab that's where you can see these ppl who updated recently.

RAB
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:52 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby RAB » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:53 am

adonai wrote:
justright157 wrote:U goin to the champagne brunch on Saturday?

Not sure. Pretty last minute so I might just hold out for
one of the other events.[/qu

What comes in the packet?
w

adonai
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:09 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby adonai » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:01 am

RAB wrote:
adonai wrote:
justright157 wrote:U goin to the champagne brunch on Saturday?

Not sure. Pretty last minute so I might just hold out for
one of the other events.[/qu

What comes in the packet?
w

A generic acceptance letter that stated there was an invitation to the champagne brunch this saturday (but it wasn't even in there), some brochures about their clinics/programs/study abroad opportunities, guide to living in LA, roommate search form, deposit form. Kind of gave me an impression that this round of acceptances was really hastily put together and sent out because of the brunch event being this saturday. Maybe that's why no one hasn't really heard about scholly info. One of the LSN profiles said they heard scholly info would be sent out "soon."

User avatar
aas911
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 3:42 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby aas911 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:04 pm

adonai wrote:A generic acceptance letter that stated there was an invitation to the champagne brunch this saturday (but it wasn't even in there), some brochures about their clinics/programs/study abroad opportunities, guide to living in LA, roommate search form, deposit form. Kind of gave me an impression that this round of acceptances was really hastily put together and sent out because of the brunch event being this saturday. Maybe that's why no one hasn't really heard about scholly info. One of the LSN profiles said they heard scholly info would be sent out "soon."


"God",

Thanks for posting this.

I expected some sort of scholarship and was considering withdrawing after receiving the admission packet without one.

I'll hold out for a few weeks and see what happens....

mab85
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:00 am

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby mab85 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:41 pm

Did anyone else receive an email inviting you to interview for the SCALE program today? I'm wondering if its a mass mailing or not.

thanks!

User avatar
CmonSD
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby CmonSD » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:14 pm

mab85 wrote:Did anyone else receive an email inviting you to interview for the SCALE program today? I'm wondering if its a mass mailing or not.

thanks!


I did. I applied PT with the SCALE program as a second choice.

ballboy899
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:27 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby ballboy899 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:45 pm

mab85 wrote:Did anyone else receive an email inviting you to interview for the SCALE program today? I'm wondering if its a mass mailing or not.

thanks!


It's most likely a mass email. I've already been admitted to SCALE and I go the same email

adonai
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:09 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby adonai » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:48 pm

aas911 wrote:
adonai wrote:A generic acceptance letter that stated there was an invitation to the champagne brunch this saturday (but it wasn't even in there), some brochures about their clinics/programs/study abroad opportunities, guide to living in LA, roommate search form, deposit form. Kind of gave me an impression that this round of acceptances was really hastily put together and sent out because of the brunch event being this saturday. Maybe that's why no one hasn't really heard about scholly info. One of the LSN profiles said they heard scholly info would be sent out "soon."


"God",

Thanks for posting this.

I expected some sort of scholarship and was considering withdrawing after receiving the admission packet without one.

I'll hold out for a few weeks and see what happens....

Ha, you're one of only two people who have understood the meaning of my username. I'm not Jewish but you seem to know your Hebrew. The scholarship event is on April 6, so maybe we'll see scholarships go out before then.

And I also got that SCALE interview invite today. It got mailed to me twice.

RAB
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:52 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby RAB » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:44 am

Did you all put down SCALE as one of your choices? This is worrying me...I didn't get the e-mail, but then again I didn't rank scale as one of my preferences

Phatslice
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:22 am

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby Phatslice » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:19 pm

RAB wrote:Did you all put down SCALE as one of your choices? This is worrying me...I didn't get the e-mail, but then again I didn't rank scale as one of my preferences

did not put scale as a choice, but I did get the email. Weird no mention of a scholarship though

ballboy899
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:27 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby ballboy899 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:55 pm

has anybody taken a tour/sat in on a class there yet? i was wondering what your experience was like and how you dressed..i was just going to wear a pair of khaki shorts and a polo shirt like i'd be golfing..i see other people saying they were going to get all dressed up but i wanted to know how everyone else felt

justright157
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:12 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby justright157 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:57 pm

Who was at the champagne brunch? How many people were there? Details?????

justright157
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:12 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby justright157 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:30 am

Anyone go?

User avatar
samfii
Posts: 190
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:09 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby samfii » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:19 am

justright157 wrote:Anyone go?


I'm also interested to hear about it

meh3884
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:23 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby meh3884 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:18 pm

samfii wrote:
justright157 wrote:Anyone go?


I'm also interested to hear about it


Maybe it really was that unattended.

stargazer3620
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:19 pm

Re: Southwestern 2011

Postby stargazer3620 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:39 pm

ballboy899 wrote:has anybody taken a tour/sat in on a class there yet? i was wondering what your experience was like and how you dressed..i was just going to wear a pair of khaki shorts and a polo shirt like i'd be golfing..i see other people saying they were going to get all dressed up but i wanted to know how everyone else felt


When are you going on the tour/sitting in on a class?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, acz26, brinicolec, galeatus, m052310, Mia93, tinafeyclone, xnsch and 12 guests