Southwestern 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sanjola

Bronze

Re: Southwestern 2011

Post by sanjola » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:41 pm

justright157 wrote:anybody heard anything today?
Nope
justright157 wrote:whos going to the champagne dreams and caviar wishes luncheon?

:lol:

SFnative

Bronze

Post by SFnative » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:55 pm

Well, if a full scholly is given to me than Ill take it, just applied here, good luck everyone....

chango

Bronze

Post by chango » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:52 pm

balkibartakamoose11 wrote:All of the 160+ LSAT people will say that the only reason they would go to SW is cause of a scholarship and not cause they really love the school.... That's my impression at least. I think u will have some definitely matriculating in the end, but not the majority. If I had a great score like that, in this market and region (LA I mean where name means everything) I would go to the highest ranked school I would get into, scholarship or not.

SW should have sent out these 160+ acceptances back in December and at this point should be sending out median acceptances. pretty ridiculous that 1 and a half months before first deposits are due, SW is sending out acceptances to reach students.
RAB wrote:So I stalked lsn today, I mean only 2-4 ppl were showing up accepted as of today and they all had 160+. One of the ppl was not showing up on the sw list though bc apparently their acct is not verified.

It also seems that a lot of the 160+'s from last year withdrew. But maybe that will be different this year. Also, last year there were 125 ppl listed under sw on lsn this year there are 67 (yes, I counted, but at least I'm at work getting paid). Also, someone else who is not showing up on the list got admitted today it says they applied 1/5 with a 154/3.54
Are you this annoying in person, or is it a case of cyber-Aspergers? Your behavior in this thread is totally unacceptable. First the homophobia, then the inappropriate threats, (both under a different account, I see) and now bashing people who want to go to SWL (which is most of this thread) as well as people from Los Angeles?

meh3884

New

Post by meh3884 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:00 pm

chango wrote:
balkibartakamoose11 wrote:All of the 160+ LSAT people will say that the only reason they would go to SW is cause of a scholarship and not cause they really love the school.... That's my impression at least. I think u will have some definitely matriculating in the end, but not the majority. If I had a great score like that, in this market and region (LA I mean where name means everything) I would go to the highest ranked school I would get into, scholarship or not.

SW should have sent out these 160+ acceptances back in December and at this point should be sending out median acceptances. pretty ridiculous that 1 and a half months before first deposits are due, SW is sending out acceptances to reach students.
RAB wrote:So I stalked lsn today, I mean only 2-4 ppl were showing up accepted as of today and they all had 160+. One of the ppl was not showing up on the sw list though bc apparently their acct is not verified.

It also seems that a lot of the 160+'s from last year withdrew. But maybe that will be different this year. Also, last year there were 125 ppl listed under sw on lsn this year there are 67 (yes, I counted, but at least I'm at work getting paid). Also, someone else who is not showing up on the list got admitted today it says they applied 1/5 with a 154/3.54
Are you this annoying in person, or is it a case of cyber-Aspergers? Your behavior in this thread is totally unacceptable. First the homophobia, then the inappropriate threats, (both under a different account, I see) and now bashing people who want to go to SWL (which is most of this thread) as well as people from Los Angeles?

Wait who are you talking about? I don't see any bashing in any of that?

chango

Bronze

Post by chango » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:42 pm

meh3884 wrote:
chango wrote:

Wait who are you talking about? I don't see any bashing in any of that?
\

Exhibit One: balkibartakamoose wrote:
if your gay and that is a big factor, then ucla is perfect for you...they have a whole queen center that focuses on issues like prop 8.

Exhibit Two: balkibartakamoose wrote:
shut the fuck up beyotch. Im gonna be working for your mom fucking her in the ass full time 40 hours a week...good benefits too bro!

Exhibit Three: the only reason they would go to SW is cause of a scholarship and not cause they really love the school.

Exhibit Four: in this market and region (LA I mean where name means everything)

One and two speak for themselves.

Three is SW bashing because it's asserting that no one with a 160+ LSAT would go to the school because they love it.

Four is LA bashing because it insinuates that Angelenos are superficial.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

adonai

Silver

Post by adonai » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:52 pm

Got my admissions packet today. No scholly info. :cry:

meh3884

New

Post by meh3884 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:02 am

chango wrote:
Exhibit One: balkibartakamoose wrote:
if your gay and that is a big factor, then ucla is perfect for you...they have a whole queen center that focuses on issues like prop 8.

Exhibit Two: balkibartakamoose wrote:
shut the fuck up beyotch. Im gonna be working for your mom fucking her in the ass full time 40 hours a week...good benefits too bro!

Exhibit Three: the only reason they would go to SW is cause of a scholarship and not cause they really love the school.

Exhibit Four: in this market and region (LA I mean where name means everything)

One and two speak for themselves.

Three is SW bashing because it's asserting that no one with a 160+ LSAT would go to the school because they love it.

Four is LA bashing because it insinuates that Angelenos are superficial.
aaah, sorry I forgot about that guy. Looks like he's back from his ban. But I don't think the last two are inciting any issues, maybe the punishment worked?

justright157

Bronze

Post by justright157 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:33 am

U goin to the champagne brunch on Saturday?
adonai wrote:Got my admissions packet today. No scholly info. :cry:

adonai

Silver

Post by adonai » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:42 am

justright157 wrote:U goin to the champagne brunch on Saturday?
Not sure. Pretty last minute so I might just hold out for one of the other events.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

RAB

Bronze

Post by RAB » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:50 am

I see someone else was accepted on lsn they have a 156/3.42, but they're not showing up on the sw list bc they're not verified ( I don't get why some ppl aren't)...but when you click school and then the application updates tab that's where you can see these ppl who updated recently.

RAB

Bronze

Post by RAB » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:53 am

adonai wrote:
Not sure. Pretty last minute so I might just hold out for
one of the other events.[/qu

What comes in the packet?
w

adonai

Silver

Post by adonai » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:01 am

RAB wrote:
adonai wrote:
Not sure. Pretty last minute so I might just hold out for
one of the other events.[/qu

What comes in the packet?
w
A generic acceptance letter that stated there was an invitation to the champagne brunch this saturday (but it wasn't even in there), some brochures about their clinics/programs/study abroad opportunities, guide to living in LA, roommate search form, deposit form. Kind of gave me an impression that this round of acceptances was really hastily put together and sent out because of the brunch event being this saturday. Maybe that's why no one hasn't really heard about scholly info. One of the LSN profiles said they heard scholly info would be sent out "soon."

aas911

New

Post by aas911 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:04 pm

adonai wrote:A generic acceptance letter that stated there was an invitation to the champagne brunch this saturday (but it wasn't even in there), some brochures about their clinics/programs/study abroad opportunities, guide to living in LA, roommate search form, deposit form. Kind of gave me an impression that this round of acceptances was really hastily put together and sent out because of the brunch event being this saturday. Maybe that's why no one hasn't really heard about scholly info. One of the LSN profiles said they heard scholly info would be sent out "soon."
"God",

Thanks for posting this.

I expected some sort of scholarship and was considering withdrawing after receiving the admission packet without one.

I'll hold out for a few weeks and see what happens....

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mab85

New

Post by mab85 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:41 pm

Did anyone else receive an email inviting you to interview for the SCALE program today? I'm wondering if its a mass mailing or not.

thanks!

CmonSD

Bronze

Post by CmonSD » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:14 pm

mab85 wrote:Did anyone else receive an email inviting you to interview for the SCALE program today? I'm wondering if its a mass mailing or not.

thanks!
I did. I applied PT with the SCALE program as a second choice.

ballboy899

New

Post by ballboy899 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:45 pm

mab85 wrote:Did anyone else receive an email inviting you to interview for the SCALE program today? I'm wondering if its a mass mailing or not.

thanks!
It's most likely a mass email. I've already been admitted to SCALE and I go the same email

adonai

Silver

Post by adonai » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:48 pm

aas911 wrote:
adonai wrote:A generic acceptance letter that stated there was an invitation to the champagne brunch this saturday (but it wasn't even in there), some brochures about their clinics/programs/study abroad opportunities, guide to living in LA, roommate search form, deposit form. Kind of gave me an impression that this round of acceptances was really hastily put together and sent out because of the brunch event being this saturday. Maybe that's why no one hasn't really heard about scholly info. One of the LSN profiles said they heard scholly info would be sent out "soon."
"God",

Thanks for posting this.

I expected some sort of scholarship and was considering withdrawing after receiving the admission packet without one.

I'll hold out for a few weeks and see what happens....
Ha, you're one of only two people who have understood the meaning of my username. I'm not Jewish but you seem to know your Hebrew. The scholarship event is on April 6, so maybe we'll see scholarships go out before then.

And I also got that SCALE interview invite today. It got mailed to me twice.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

RAB

Bronze

Post by RAB » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:44 am

Did you all put down SCALE as one of your choices? This is worrying me...I didn't get the e-mail, but then again I didn't rank scale as one of my preferences

Phatslice

New

Post by Phatslice » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:19 pm

RAB wrote:Did you all put down SCALE as one of your choices? This is worrying me...I didn't get the e-mail, but then again I didn't rank scale as one of my preferences
did not put scale as a choice, but I did get the email. Weird no mention of a scholarship though

ballboy899

New

Post by ballboy899 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:55 pm

has anybody taken a tour/sat in on a class there yet? i was wondering what your experience was like and how you dressed..i was just going to wear a pair of khaki shorts and a polo shirt like i'd be golfing..i see other people saying they were going to get all dressed up but i wanted to know how everyone else felt

justright157

Bronze

Post by justright157 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:57 pm

Who was at the champagne brunch? How many people were there? Details?????

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

justright157

Bronze

Post by justright157 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:30 am

Anyone go?

samfii

Bronze

Post by samfii » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:19 am

justright157 wrote:Anyone go?
I'm also interested to hear about it

meh3884

New

Post by meh3884 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:18 pm

samfii wrote:
justright157 wrote:Anyone go?
I'm also interested to hear about it
Maybe it really was that unattended.

stargazer3620

New

Post by stargazer3620 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:39 pm

ballboy899 wrote:has anybody taken a tour/sat in on a class there yet? i was wondering what your experience was like and how you dressed..i was just going to wear a pair of khaki shorts and a polo shirt like i'd be golfing..i see other people saying they were going to get all dressed up but i wanted to know how everyone else felt

When are you going on the tour/sitting in on a class?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”