Southwestern 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jyoungin87

New

Re: Southwestern 2011

Post by jyoungin87 » Thu May 05, 2011 5:01 pm

mediation_86 wrote:my date changed again, and now has the 8-12 weeks status above

IR: 1/13
IR: 4/14
IR: 5/4
Decision:????

Almost four months now...anyone else have date changes?
I just had mine change from 3/14 IR to 5/5 IR

law818

New

Post by law818 » Thu May 05, 2011 5:24 pm

jyoungin87 wrote:
mediation_86 wrote:my date changed again, and now has the 8-12 weeks status above

IR: 1/13
IR: 4/14
IR: 5/4
Decision:????

Almost four months now...anyone else have date changes?
I just had mine change from 3/14 IR to 5/5 IR
WOW! Has anyone with a similar situation called them to see what in the world they are doing?

JRoFL

New

Post by JRoFL » Thu May 05, 2011 6:05 pm

IR since 2/22 and no change... I think next week puts me at 12 weeks. I visited last week and they really had no info as to how much longer the review processes would take, I was given the same answer I got when I called 2 weeks prior... "in a few weeks."

Loved a lot about the school when I visited though I have to say the guy who gave me the tour was really hard to understand and seemed pretty disinterested, besides that it was great

debili123

New

Post by debili123 » Thu May 05, 2011 9:12 pm

Hi guys, did any of you go to the SCALE information session? and if you did what do you guys think, are you gone to join?

lsatextreme

Silver

Post by lsatextreme » Thu May 05, 2011 9:38 pm

i am SO glad im not dependent on this school's decision

what a joke

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Oblivion_08

Bronze

Post by Oblivion_08 » Thu May 05, 2011 10:44 pm

I am so glad that I don't have the time to go around forum to forum to bash on schools...

ocbrody

New

Post by ocbrody » Fri May 06, 2011 12:47 am

Oblivion_08 wrote:I am so glad that I don't have the time to go around forum to forum to bash on schools...
You just perjured yourself buddy, and may it please the court of the interwebz, I present evidence proving said perjury.

Exhibit A:
Oblivion_08 wrote:Cooley is like Three Musketeers. Tastes like shit, always advertised, and is just full of wasted air.
Seriously dude, just stop talking.

lsatextreme

Silver

Post by lsatextreme » Fri May 06, 2011 3:55 am

Oblivion_08 wrote:I am so glad that I don't have the time to go around forum to forum to bash on schools...
bro i've seen you around and i know you're headed to sw but you really shouldn't get so blatantly offended when theres even the remote possibility for someone to talk some sense about your future school, as i've seen you do in the past. I'm still waiting for a decision from southwestern along with all the others who've been waiting for several months now and frankly any school that's lagging this late past all other school deposit dates is pretty lame, and esp as a t3 school I think they're just really hurting their chances at matriculating some quality candidates who've probably already made up their mind by the time they receive their acceptances.

ocbrody wrote:
You just perjured yourself buddy, and may it please the court of the interwebz, I present evidence proving said perjury.

Exhibit A:
Oblivion_08 wrote:Cooley is like Three Musketeers. Tastes like shit, always advertised, and is just full of wasted air.
Seriously dude, just stop talking.
nice

chango

Bronze

Post by chango » Fri May 06, 2011 3:36 pm

May I also submit to the Court.

Oblivion_08 wrote:Southwestern is a tier 3, whittier is a tier 4. Whittier's stipulations on their scholarships are fucking ridiculous, and they have terrible bar pass rates and a 50% attrition rate. SW is really respected in LA, a lot of firms actually hold it to the same standard as Loyola law. Stay with Southwestern.
Oblivion_08 wrote:I'm not bad mouthing anyone dude, calm down. I'm just saying when I went to Whittier to visit they were unprofessional, and after my visit with them I withdrew immediately. I don't think bad of tier 4's at all, just Whittier.

Congratulations on gaining a reputation before even starting classes at SWL. You're lucky this forum is anonymous, although I suspect if it weren't you'd have stopped posting by now.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Fri May 06, 2011 5:40 pm

Waitlisted today. 2.4/164/urm

California hates me, but I'm still happy with my cycle. Best of luck to all those attending.

Oblivion_08

Bronze

Post by Oblivion_08 » Fri May 06, 2011 9:47 pm

chango wrote:

Oblivion_08 wrote:Southwestern is a tier 3, whittier is a tier 4. Whittier's stipulations on their scholarships are fucking ridiculous, and they have terrible bar pass rates and a 50% attrition rate. SW is really respected in LA, a lot of firms actually hold it to the same standard as Loyola law. Stay with Southwestern.
Oblivion_08 wrote:I'm not bad mouthing anyone dude, calm down. I'm just saying when I went to Whittier to visit they were unprofessional, and after my visit with them I withdrew immediately. I don't think bad of tier 4's at all, just Whittier.

Congratulations on gaining a reputation before even starting classes at SWL. You're lucky this forum is anonymous, although I suspect if it weren't you'd have stopped posting by now.
You know, maybe I should stop posting on here, you are right. I am making myself look like a total jackass. I truly am sorry if I offended anyone, this whole process has stressed me out and hazed my judgment, I was very hypocritical and I was also very inconsistent with my thoughts. Once again sorry guys.

Oblivion_08

Bronze

Post by Oblivion_08 » Sat May 07, 2011 2:44 pm

Justathought wrote:Waitlisted today. 2.4/164/urm

California hates me, but I'm still happy with my cycle. Best of luck to all those attending.
Good luck, keep believing.

Silver

Post by 2807 » Sat May 07, 2011 2:48 pm

Oblivion_08 wrote:
chango wrote:

You know, maybe I should stop posting on here, you are right. I am making myself look like a total jackass. I truly am sorry if I offended anyone, this whole process has stressed me out and hazed my judgment, I was very hypocritical and I was also very inconsistent with my thoughts. Once again sorry guys.
Hey, this kind of humility does not exist too often in the world, and certainly not on TLS.
I am impressed.

Its good to be back on track and use this opportunity to help each other in this forum.
You stay classy Oblivion 08.

The snappy grouchy stuff belittles us all.

So, let's carry on--

I am reading "Hard-nosed Advice from a Cranky Law Professor" and it is good. It is written by a Southwestern Law professor so for us that is an extra insight/bonus! It is an easy read, but helpful for those who are really unaware of the law school, study, reading, and work-effort expectations. So far so good....

I got it via Barnes and Noble with free shipping.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

law818

New

Post by law818 » Mon May 09, 2011 1:36 pm

Alright, so I am going to send in a second LOCI incase they didn't understand that I really want to attent their school in my first LOCI. I just dont know what more I could write or what I should write since most everything was said in the first one. Any suggestions or tips?

thedream21

New

Post by thedream21 » Mon May 09, 2011 2:48 pm

law818 wrote:Alright, so I am going to send in a second LOCI incase they didn't understand that I really want to attent their school in my first LOCI. I just dont know what more I could write or what I should write since most everything was said in the first one. Any suggestions or tips?

I dont know if that will help since they already know you are interested. I have been wait-listed since February. I dont think much has changed since that date.

SFnative

Bronze

Post by SFnative » Mon May 09, 2011 7:58 pm

law818 wrote:Alright, so I am going to send in a second LOCI incase they didn't understand that I really want to attent their school in my first LOCI. I just dont know what more I could write or what I should write since most everything was said in the first one. Any suggestions or tips?
if you live close, visit the school and explain how the visit made it even more clear that you really want to attend..

law818

New

Post by law818 » Mon May 09, 2011 8:31 pm

..[/quote]
if you live close, visit the school and explain how the visit made it even more clear that you really want to attend..[/quote]

Good idea, I put in the first one that I visited but didnt ellaborate. Maybe this time I will.

Thanks SFnative

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BobbyDigital

New

Post by BobbyDigital » Mon May 09, 2011 8:51 pm

Received a call today offering admission to the part time (day) program. I think if I do part time I'd want to do the night program so I can at least work during the day. After explaining this to admissions, she said she would get back to me as to whether or not I can opt for the night program.

Anyone here in for PT night?

singingkris

Bronze

Post by singingkris » Mon May 09, 2011 9:15 pm

BobbyDigital wrote:Received a call today offering admission to the part time (day) program. I think if I do part time I'd want to do the night program so I can at least work during the day. After explaining this to admissions, she said she would get back to me as to whether or not I can opt for the night program.

Just curious, did you originally apply for full time? I'm on the wl for full. TY!

BobbyDigital

New

Post by BobbyDigital » Mon May 09, 2011 9:48 pm

singingkris wrote:
BobbyDigital wrote:Received a call today offering admission to the part time (day) program. I think if I do part time I'd want to do the night program so I can at least work during the day. After explaining this to admissions, she said she would get back to me as to whether or not I can opt for the night program.

Just curious, did you originally apply for full time? I'm on the wl for full. TY!
Yup, I was on the wl for FT too.

law818

New

Post by law818 » Mon May 09, 2011 10:06 pm

Nice, what are your stats if you dont mind me asking? You can pm me.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

labiker

New

Post by labiker » Mon May 09, 2011 11:30 pm

First post but I've been a lurker for quite some time now.

I also received a call today. I was on the waiting list for FT Day program but they offered me admission to PT Evening program. They also said I needed to attend a summer program. Packet and details will be sent by mail. I can't wait. :)

HCG

New

Post by HCG » Tue May 10, 2011 2:00 pm

Anyone certain they are doing SCALE this year? PM me!

mediation_86

New

Post by mediation_86 » Tue May 10, 2011 7:45 pm

did you, or anyone else on the waiting list, do the optional essays?

BobbyDigital

New

Post by BobbyDigital » Tue May 10, 2011 8:44 pm

mediation_86 wrote:

did you, or anyone else on the waiting list, do the optional essays?
noo. which is why i was sort of surprised to hear back.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”