Southwestern 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ccc999

New

Re: Southwestern 2011

Post by ccc999 » Tue May 10, 2011 9:19 pm

BobbyDigital wrote:Received a call today offering admission to the part time (day) program. I think if I do part time I'd want to do the night program so I can at least work during the day. After explaining this to admissions, she said she would get back to me as to whether or not I can opt for the night program.

Anyone here in for PT night?
]

Congratulations,
I applied for PT night but have not had a decision yet. When did your file go in review? What are your numbers? You can PM them. Thanks :)

ccc999

New

Post by ccc999 » Tue May 10, 2011 9:23 pm

First post but I've been a lurker for quite some time now.

I also received a call today. I was on the waiting list for FT Day program but they offered me admission to PT Evening program. They also said I needed to attend a summer program. Packet and details will be sent by mail. I can't wait. :)
Labiker,
Can you also tell us when you went in review and your stats. (PM if you want) I want to know what are my chances at this point. Thanks :)

labiker

New

Post by labiker » Tue May 10, 2011 9:34 pm

Applied: 12/20
WL Offer: 3/25
PT Offer: 5/10

Not sure when I went into review, probably sometime in Feb.

debili123

New

Post by debili123 » Tue May 10, 2011 9:37 pm

can you pls pm your stats?
labiker wrote:Applied: 12/20
WL Offer: 3/25
PT Offer: 5/10

Not sure when I went into review, probably sometime in Feb.

labiker

New

Post by labiker » Tue May 10, 2011 9:58 pm

When I received the WL offer, I didn't write the additional statement right away. I finally sent in a LOCI, add'l statement, and another LOR at the end of April.

I really think that's what made the difference. Still, I didn't get FT Day like I wanted but I'm happy with PT for now.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ljeucla

New

Post by ljeucla » Tue May 10, 2011 10:37 pm

Purely out of curiousity, why do people not want to post their numbers directly on the threads, why do they need to be PMed to people? I don't see what the big deal is. I've been on here for a while and was just wondering if there is a specific reason why or what.

adonai

Silver

Post by adonai » Tue May 10, 2011 10:45 pm

ljeucla wrote:Purely out of curiousity, why do people not want to post their numbers directly on the threads, why do they need to be PMed to people? I don't see what the big deal is. I've been on here for a while and was just wondering if there is a specific reason why or what.
You would be surprised who trolls these forums and can make connections leading to finding our your real identity. Lots of adcomms patrol their respective school threads and I'm not sure if many people are willing to take the risk.

ljeucla

New

Post by ljeucla » Wed May 11, 2011 2:04 am

But why does it matter if they make the connections? What's at risk if they know who you are?

sanjola

Bronze

Post by sanjola » Wed May 11, 2011 11:40 am

ljeucla wrote:But why does it matter if they make the connections? What's at risk if they know who you are?

I believe someone in the UNC 2011 thread was caught bad mouthing the school and was contacted by one of the adcomms. I stopped posting my numbers directly in the threads before that incident, even though I don't talk badly about any schools, just in case a connection could be made to my application. It's just a precaution (or paranoia lol).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ninjasinblack

New

Post by ninjasinblack » Wed May 11, 2011 10:10 pm

Anybody else set on Southwestern but WL? I went and visited and loved the campus and emailed them reiterating my interest in both the FT and PT program. I can't decide how long I should plan on waiting to hear on a decision from SW. Any suggestions? I thought maybe July before deciding.

biglonestar

New

Post by biglonestar » Sat May 14, 2011 10:45 pm

Spoke with admissions yesterday. They were actually glad I called.. I guess for some reason my status had not been updated yet but that the final decision had already been made. She said my file must be sitting on the deans desk so she was going to email the dean to get the final approval and that I should hear something by monday or tuesday...I tried to get an answer out of her but she wouldnt say but she did sound positive. I really hope its some good news...these last 6 weeks have been torture! Fingers crossed!

AMCD

Bronze

Post by AMCD » Sat May 14, 2011 11:50 pm

Just finished my 1L at a tier 1 school (where I got in two weeks before classes began and so withdrew from SW), but was last year admitted to Southwestern's SCALE, then part-time day (I have 3 kids), then evening and then full time day!! It was strange, as every time I asked to change, they just sent me an acceptance package! They seem to take a LOT of people off their waitlists very late in the game, so if you really want to go there, send a LOCI, another letter of rec. and be sure to visit. If you look back on TLS last year, there was a huge amount of movement mid-May to end of July. The campus is really great and everyone I met there couldn't have been more welcoming. I actually sometimes regret having made my other choice, and might even take some elective summer classes there next year before 3L! I must say, however, that I think that you'd have to have a really good reason to put yourself through the misery of a two year program with SCALE!!
Good luck and any questions I will try to answer re. the application process. Good luck to all.

ccc999

New

Post by ccc999 » Sat May 14, 2011 11:59 pm

biglonestar wrote:Spoke with admissions yesterday. They were actually glad I called.. I guess for some reason my status had not been updated yet but that the final decision had already been made. She said my file must be sitting on the deans desk so she was going to email the dean to get the final approval and that I should hear something by monday or tuesday...I tried to get an answer out of her but she wouldnt say but she did sound positive. I really hope its some good news...these last 6 weeks have been torture! Fingers crossed!
Hi, I also called yesterday trying to get detailed info on my status and all they could tell me was that status checker is the most up to date info. How did u get them to look into your file?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

biglonestar

New

Post by biglonestar » Sun May 15, 2011 1:37 am

ccc999 wrote:
biglonestar wrote:Spoke with admissions yesterday. They were actually glad I called.. I guess for some reason my status had not been updated yet but that the final decision had already been made. She said my file must be sitting on the deans desk so she was going to email the dean to get the final approval and that I should hear something by monday or tuesday...I tried to get an answer out of her but she wouldnt say but she did sound positive. I really hope its some good news...these last 6 weeks have been torture! Fingers crossed!
Hi, I also called yesterday trying to get detailed info on my status and all they could tell me was that status checker is the most up to date info. How did u get them to look into your file?
Hey, I dont know why they looked up my file. I just asked them about it and they offered to look it up and then once they saw the decision on my application had been made, she offered to email the dean. Maybe you should call again and try to talk to someone else. I wish I could remember the name of the person I talked to. If I remember it I'll PM you.

sanjola

Bronze

Post by sanjola » Mon May 16, 2011 12:25 am

ccc999 wrote:

Did you talk to an admissions counselor or student worker?

ccc999

New

Post by ccc999 » Mon May 16, 2011 1:48 pm

I spoke with the frist person who answered the phone when I called admissions office. I did'nt get a name nor did I ask to speak to an admissions counselor. Maybe I should.

sanjola

Bronze

Post by sanjola » Mon May 16, 2011 2:01 pm

That was probably a student worker. Ask to speak with an admissions counselor and you should have better luck.

I spoke with Lisa Greer last time I called in and she solved my issue right away.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

SFnative

Bronze

Post by SFnative » Mon May 16, 2011 3:41 pm

Met some SW students in some LA bar this weekend, most of them seemed very happy with the school, they all did say that SW is underrated, I challenged them by asking them about the facts available, but they kinda avoided it, but overall they gave me some great insight about SW and changed my views about SW.

SW is still looking like a possibility, if I can negotiate some more $$, I could be going..

ccc999

New

Post by ccc999 » Mon May 16, 2011 7:33 pm

Does anyone know what the review process is at SW?

biglonestar

New

Post by biglonestar » Mon May 16, 2011 8:45 pm

Accepted today!!!!!!! I am sooo happy! Time to quit my job!

sanjola

Bronze

Post by sanjola » Mon May 16, 2011 10:20 pm

biglonestar wrote:Accepted today!!!!!!! I am sooo happy! Time to quit my job!
Congrats! See you in August. :D

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

SFnative

Bronze

Post by SFnative » Mon May 16, 2011 11:23 pm

Is there a facebook group?

biglonestar

New

Post by biglonestar » Mon May 16, 2011 11:42 pm

sanjola wrote:
Congrats! See you in August. :D
Thanks! Congrats to you also! I've actually decided to do the scale program instead of fulltime. 2 yrs seems better to me than 3 but I know it will be hard. So I start next month. A lot to do in the meantime!

ccc999

New

Post by ccc999 » Tue May 17, 2011 12:03 am

Congratulations!

law818

New

Post by law818 » Tue May 17, 2011 12:57 am

Nice, Congrads! I know you have been waiting for and answer for awhile. I hope I get off this waitlist.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”