Kentucky c/o 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
jwaters
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:02 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby jwaters » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:45 pm

.
Last edited by jwaters on Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
swilson215
Posts: 1109
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:35 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby swilson215 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:46 pm

jwaters wrote:in via email


Congrats!

amg131s
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby amg131s » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:39 pm

have to admit... i'm a little surprised i got pushed back to the february acceptance date.

User avatar
swilson215
Posts: 1109
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:35 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby swilson215 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:38 pm

amg131s wrote:have to admit... i'm a little surprised i got pushed back to the february acceptance date.


I'm a little surprised I got dinged. I thought they would at worst waitlist me. My GPA's not stellar, but my LSAT is above their 75th%. Of course, I haven't been officially dinged yet, but my status update is different from the waitlist, and I've got no admit email...just a sad little mailing updat saying "Decision Letter Sent."

User avatar
Scorch
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:49 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby Scorch » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:45 pm

In via e-mail.

User avatar
swilson215
Posts: 1109
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:35 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby swilson215 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:33 pm

swilson215 wrote:
amg131s wrote:have to admit... i'm a little surprised i got pushed back to the february acceptance date.


I'm a little surprised I got dinged. I thought they would at worst waitlist me. My GPA's not stellar, but my LSAT is above their 75th%. Of course, I haven't been officially dinged yet, but my status update is different from the waitlist, and I've got no admit email...just a sad little mailing updat saying "Decision Letter Sent."


Yep. Dinged via snail mail today.

amg131s
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby amg131s » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:45 pm

swilson215 wrote:
swilson215 wrote:
amg131s wrote:have to admit... i'm a little surprised i got pushed back to the february acceptance date.


I'm a little surprised I got dinged. I thought they would at worst waitlist me. My GPA's not stellar, but my LSAT is above their 75th%. Of course, I haven't been officially dinged yet, but my status update is different from the waitlist, and I've got no admit email...just a sad little mailing updat saying "Decision Letter Sent."


Yep. Dinged via snail mail today.


sorry to hear it swilson. i got my "we'll review your application again february 7th" letter. not a waitlist, but sure as hell feels like one nonetheless. i remain optimistic. you still in the case running?

User avatar
swilson215
Posts: 1109
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:35 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby swilson215 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:59 pm

amg131s wrote:
swilson215 wrote:
swilson215 wrote:
amg131s wrote:have to admit... i'm a little surprised i got pushed back to the february acceptance date.


I'm a little surprised I got dinged. I thought they would at worst waitlist me. My GPA's not stellar, but my LSAT is above their 75th%. Of course, I haven't been officially dinged yet, but my status update is different from the waitlist, and I've got no admit email...just a sad little mailing updat saying "Decision Letter Sent."


Yep. Dinged via snail mail today.


sorry to hear it swilson. i got my "we'll review your application again february 7th" letter. not a waitlist, but sure as hell feels like one nonetheless. i remain optimistic. you still in the case running?


yep, and got my scholly offer at DePaul. I've still got a loooooong way to go before my cycle is over! :P

User avatar
bendtheslurry
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby bendtheslurry » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:04 pm

rejection letter came today

User avatar
jwaters
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:02 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby jwaters » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:04 pm

I withdrew from UK today. I don't know if they have a waitlist yet, but maybe one of you will get my spot.

amg131s
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby amg131s » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:16 pm

jwaters wrote:I withdrew from UK today. I don't know if they have a waitlist yet, but maybe one of you will get my spot.


yeah! where are you headed jwaters?

User avatar
jwaters
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:02 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby jwaters » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:56 pm

.
Last edited by jwaters on Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
appaws
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:14 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby appaws » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:05 am

I am a current UK 1L, if anybody has any questions let me know...

jeff5170
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:31 am

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby jeff5170 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:14 pm

tagged

SrLaw
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby SrLaw » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:22 pm

Did any of you get a fee waiver to apply? I am curious.

pseudonym1
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:02 am

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby pseudonym1 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:12 pm

Kentucky Status Checker says "File Pending For Decision" 1/10/2011?

Mean anything?

squirrelgirl
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:40 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby squirrelgirl » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:13 pm

pseudonym1 wrote:Kentucky Status Checker says "File Pending Decision" 1/10/2011?

Mean anything?


Mine says the same thing. I hope this means a decision is coming soon!

pseudonym1
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:02 am

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby pseudonym1 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:16 pm

Would be great! What's your numbers?

User avatar
jwaters
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:02 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby jwaters » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:26 pm

pseudonym1 wrote:Kentucky Status Checker says "File Pending For Decision" 1/10/2011?

Mean anything?


I think mine said this for about a week before I got a decision.

pseudonym1
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:02 am

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby pseudonym1 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:32 pm

jwaters wrote:
pseudonym1 wrote:Kentucky Status Checker says "File Pending For Decision" 1/10/2011?

Mean anything?


I think mine said this for about a week before I got a decision.


You were accepted though, correct?

I'm not sure if the wording of the Application Status is indicative of their decision. Most likely not?

User avatar
jwaters
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:02 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby jwaters » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:51 pm

pseudonym1 wrote:
jwaters wrote:
pseudonym1 wrote:Kentucky Status Checker says "File Pending For Decision" 1/10/2011?

Mean anything?


I think mine said this for about a week before I got a decision.


You were accepted though, correct?

I'm not sure if the wording of the Application Status is indicative of their decision. Most likely not?


Yes I was accepted but others have already been rejected this cycle. I doubt the wording is any indication of whether you are accepted or not. My decision came via email. HTH

pseudonym1
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:02 am

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby pseudonym1 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:37 pm

Well looks like I went from pending for decision to "file under review". It also says my status letter was mailed. Waitlist?

amg131s
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby amg131s » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:22 pm

pseudonym1 wrote:Well looks like I went from pending for decision to "file under review". It also says my status letter was mailed. Waitlist?


it's a wl.

EricBerry
Posts: 247
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:52 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby EricBerry » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:50 pm

In today via email! I was expecting waitlist or rejection (3.0 160 OOS). There's a pretty good chance I'll end up at UK. Anyone hear about getting in-state tuition after 1L?

aabuster1
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:04 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby aabuster1 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:40 pm

pseudonym1 wrote:Well looks like I went from pending for decision to "file under review". It also says my status letter was mailed. Waitlist?


If its the same thing as I got. Its not really a wait list. In my opinion its similar to just putting your application at the back of the application pile - they are going to look at it again at a later date and make a decision, not exactly wait listed (Yours may be different than mine). The letter I received gave a specific date that they would review my application again and make a decision.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”