Kentucky c/o 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Mpeterson4
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:03 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby Mpeterson4 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:25 pm

Barbie wrote:I wish the scholly info came with the acceptance! January is sooo far away and I wanted to visit.. but can't visit/afford to go without some scholly aid. :(


Are there particular things you wanted to know? Or are you just looking for the general feel of a visit? I am in UG at UK and could probably answer some questions and/or find the answers...

Amir N
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:21 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby Amir N » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:33 pm

Accepted!!!

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby Barbie » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:33 pm

Mpeterson4 wrote:
Barbie wrote:I wish the scholly info came with the acceptance! January is sooo far away and I wanted to visit.. but can't visit/afford to go without some scholly aid. :(


Are there particular things you wanted to know? Or are you just looking for the general feel of a visit? I am in UG at UK and could probably answer some questions and/or find the answers...



I'm really big on visiting places. I could never decide to move somewhere without feeling it out. Unfortunately, I don't have the money to visit every school I want to, and I can't take off work long enough to visit all the schools I've been accepted. Because of this, I'm going to have to narrow it down to schools that I REALLY am considering. I couldn't afford UK out of state without a scholarship, so if they offer me one I would spend the time/money to visit...y'know?

Mpeterson4
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:03 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby Mpeterson4 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:53 pm

Barbie wrote:
Mpeterson4 wrote:
Barbie wrote:I wish the scholly info came with the acceptance! January is sooo far away and I wanted to visit.. but can't visit/afford to go without some scholly aid. :(


Are there particular things you wanted to know? Or are you just looking for the general feel of a visit? I am in UG at UK and could probably answer some questions and/or find the answers...



I'm really big on visiting places. I could never decide to move somewhere without feeling it out. Unfortunately, I don't have the money to visit every school I want to, and I can't take off work long enough to visit all the schools I've been accepted. Because of this, I'm going to have to narrow it down to schools that I REALLY am considering. I couldn't afford UK out of state without a scholarship, so if they offer me one I would spend the time/money to visit...y'know?


I understand completely. I do hope you get the chance to visit Lexington and UK.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby Barbie » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:57 pm

Thanks me too. But speaking of which-- does anyone know how generous UK is with $??

User avatar
jwaters
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:02 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby jwaters » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:29 pm

Barbie wrote:
jwaters wrote:
Barbie wrote:I wish the scholly info came with the acceptance! January is sooo far away and I wanted to visit.. but can't visit/afford to go without some scholly aid. :(


You could call/email the admissions office and request a travel stipend.


ORLY???? :shock: never heard of this


Apparently many schools will pay for admitted students to come visit. Check out this thread viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5550&hilit=travel+stipend

I have never requested one so I'm not sure how to go about it, but I would just call the admissions office and ask if they offer them.

Amir N
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:21 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby Amir N » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:31 pm

Barbie wrote:Thanks me too. But speaking of which-- does anyone know how generous UK is with $??


The student tour guide told me that approx. 1/2 of OOS'ers receive in-state tuition. Not sure about other scholarships though.

User avatar
bendtheslurry
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby bendtheslurry » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:56 pm

I sent my application in on 11/12 and still haven't received any acknowledgement... should I do something?

aabuster1
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:04 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby aabuster1 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:53 pm

aabuster1 wrote:
aabuster1 wrote:File Pending for Decision 11/15/2010

I sure hope to get a decision soon.


Status changed today.

Current Status: File under Review
Current Status Date: 11/17/2010

and

Status Letter Mailed 11/17/2010


For anyone wondering when I applied:
Application Received Email 10/06/2010


I am not exactly sure what it means, guess I will await my letter. My worst thought is "Wait Listed".


I have yet to receive a snail-mail or email regarding my status with UK. I was thinking about emailing or calling but I'll wait till after thanksgiving to do that. It sure would be nice to know what is up with my application. Any thoughts ? Is it how they do their wait lists? Any idea how their status checker worked last year?

This is my number one school choice, so I am a bit over anxious.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby Barbie » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:56 pm

aabuster wait it out. "letter mailed" sometimes means they are sending it out SOON. it can take up to 10 days longer.

jtb00711
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:30 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby jtb00711 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:24 pm

Hoping to be WL, if not accepted. Would suck to be flat out rejected by my own state!

aabuster1
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:04 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby aabuster1 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:51 pm

jtb00711 wrote:Hoping to be WL, if not accepted. Would suck to be flat out rejected by my own state!


Yes. I definitely feel for you as Kentucky is my home state too. There is hope, according to last years acceptance thread there was at least one application that was accepted without being emailed.

Perhaps its against their policy to put our scholarship and Bert Combs Scholarship Interview requests into an email!

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby Barbie » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:48 pm

Still nothin in the mail :(

Amir N
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:21 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby Amir N » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:17 pm

http://www.law.uky.edu/index.php?pid=106

Employment statistics for the class of 2008. Does anyone know if it's strange that they haven't posted information for the class of 2009? Or do most schools usually have a two year gap?

aabuster1
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:04 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby aabuster1 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:19 pm

aabuster1 wrote:
aabuster1 wrote:
aabuster1 wrote:File Pending for Decision 11/15/2010

I sure hope to get a decision soon.


Status changed today.

Current Status: File under Review
Current Status Date: 11/17/2010

and

Status Letter Mailed 11/17/2010


For anyone wondering when I applied:
Application Received Email 10/06/2010


I am not exactly sure what it means, guess I will await my letter. My worst thought is "Wait Listed".


I have yet to receive a snail-mail or email regarding my status with UK. I was thinking about emailing or calling but I'll wait till after thanksgiving to do that. It sure would be nice to know what is up with my application. Any thoughts ? Is it how they do their wait lists? Any idea how their status checker worked last year?

This is my number one school choice, so I am a bit over anxious.


Letter received in the mail today 11/24/10

Sounds like a wait list letter but states my file is scheduled to come up for review again on February the XX. States I should send more information for the second review, which I intend to.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby Barbie » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:32 pm

Not bad then. Send in a new LOR and write a new Why Kentucky :D

jtb00711
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:30 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby jtb00711 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:31 pm

Dinged at UK

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby Barbie » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:34 pm

jtb00711 wrote:Dinged at UK


:( sowwy

jtb00711
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:30 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby jtb00711 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:10 pm

Barbie wrote:
jtb00711 wrote:Dinged at UK


:( sowwy


Yeah pretty disappointed, really want to stay in-state... Well here's hoping to UL! 8)

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby Barbie » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:17 pm

Acceptance package came today-- hand written letter from the associate dean about how they would love someone with my experiences. Very, very awesome. :)

User avatar
queenlizzie13
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby queenlizzie13 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:00 am

Barbie wrote:Acceptance package came today-- hand written letter from the associate dean about how they would love someone with my experiences. Very, very awesome. :)


Same for me! I just got mine. I guess I know my LORs were really as good as I thought they were, as that was what was specifically mentioned on my hand written note. I was fairly sure, but it is kind of nice to know that is one thing I don't have to worry about as much...

Most likely I will be dinged or WL from places due to my LSAT score. :(

User avatar
jwaters
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:02 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby jwaters » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:34 am

Barbie wrote:Acceptance package came today-- hand written letter from the associate dean about how they would love someone with my experiences. Very, very awesome. :)


What all is in the package? Any mention of scholarships?

User avatar
queenlizzie13
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby queenlizzie13 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:39 am

jwaters wrote:
Barbie wrote:Acceptance package came today-- hand written letter from the associate dean about how they would love someone with my experiences. Very, very awesome. :)


What all is in the package? Any mention of scholarships?


No mention of scholarships - the email indicated that information would be given out in January.

The package has tour dates that are coming up, the class of 2010 profile, and the letter - with a handwritten note from the associate dean.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby Barbie » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:03 pm

Not sure, didn't read mine. My parents just checked my mail for me and told me it came. Excited for that scholarship info to come out! Haha

amg131s
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2014

Postby amg131s » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:14 pm

wanted to bump the thread... my status just changed to "pending for decision," any others this time around?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: eck456, itshandled, mcvizz, mlp12, smartmoon, Smc1994, stratton_oakmont, VapidP, zeglo and 21 guests