Arizona State 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Burgstaller04

Silver

Arizona State 2011

Post by Burgstaller04 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:07 pm

Hey everyone. I applied on 10/21. Complete email on 11/02. Not a peep since. Anyone else?

JDLaf

New

Re: Arizona State 2011

Post by JDLaf » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:01 pm

same here...went complete 11/2. from what I hear ASU is like UofA in their admissions process..painfully slow. hopefully that just means they are being thorough!

skirschner1

New

Post by skirschner1 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:33 pm

havent heard anything. sent on 11/1 and complete on 11/3.

hurricane10

Bronze

Post by hurricane10 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:46 pm

ASU is notoriously slow. I applied EA and based on last year's applicants, I'm not expecting to hear from them until the end of January, which is weird because I'm sure I'll have decisions on most of my RD schools by then. Anyway, I think RD applicants at ASU won't be hearing from them until February at the earliest.

obrienfa

Bronze

Post by obrienfa » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:39 pm

I called today and they told me the first round will hopefully go out before the end of the year. Lame.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hurricane10

Bronze

Post by hurricane10 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:08 pm

thats actually good news. I'd be ecstatic if I had a decision from ASU before new years.

skirschner1

New

Post by skirschner1 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:24 pm

hurricane10 wrote:thats actually good news. I'd be ecstatic if I had a decision from ASU before new years.
Agreed. Plus ASU is one of my top choices.

asuusa

New

Post by asuusa » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:41 am

I didn't even get a status checker. Has anyone else? I'm really disconnected from this school now, thanks to their late admissions- I'm already in at 3 others (with money) and rejected from 2. I know it's crazy, but I feel like the game might be over and my seat deposit in somewhere before I even hear from ASU, thanks to how fast replies are hitting.

EDIT: That's not to say I don't want to attend ASU or have a shot- I really love the school and can't wait to hear from them.

Pink

Bronze

Post by Pink » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:59 am

I know last year they were incredibly slow. A friend of mine applied and was still waiting for a decision when he was sending in seat deposits in April.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

skirschner1

New

Post by skirschner1 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:42 pm

asuusa wrote:I didn't even get a status checker. Has anyone else? I'm really disconnected from this school now, thanks to their late admissions- I'm already in at 3 others (with money) and rejected from 2. I know it's crazy, but I feel like the game might be over and my seat deposit in somewhere before I even hear from ASU, thanks to how fast replies are hitting.

EDIT: That's not to say I don't want to attend ASU or have a shot- I really love the school and can't wait to hear from them.
Nope havent received a status checker either.

UA7789

New

Post by UA7789 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:22 pm

I never received a status checker either, but I did get an e-mail from them on November 2nd, saying I went complete, and I will receive my decision in writing. So maybe they aren't even doing status checkers? Not sure though...

hurricane10

Bronze

Post by hurricane10 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:37 pm

ASU doesn't have a status checker. no need to worry

obrienfa

Bronze

Post by obrienfa » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:45 pm

asuusa wrote:I didn't even get a status checker. Has anyone else? I'm really disconnected from this school now, thanks to their late admissions- I'm already in at 3 others (with money) and rejected from 2. I know it's crazy, but I feel like the game might be over and my seat deposit in somewhere before I even hear from ASU, thanks to how fast replies are hitting.

This is how I feel too. With the money I am getting from other schools, I don't see me waiting around for ASU.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Flett

Bronze

Post by Flett » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:08 pm

I was pleased to get my "Compete" email today... until I saw that they won't review RD applicants until the ED applicants are finished in late January. :shock:

I'm with you guys, not too keen on waiting that long to hear back but still eager for it.

jacob_c84

New

Post by jacob_c84 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:10 pm

I'm an EA applicant--Waiting sucks!

athenian

Bronze

Post by athenian » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:16 pm

EA applicant here. I'm really hoping they get word out before New Year's.

It'll be kind of depressing (for ASU's sake) if I get my regular decision letters before I get theirs.

hurricane10

Bronze

Post by hurricane10 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:39 pm

I think that I will have heard from all of my RD applications before I hear back from EA at ASU. It's really sad.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

TCo

New

Post by TCo » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:53 pm

ASU really does need to engage their applicants more if they want to continue to attract qualified students. They made a huge jump in the rankings this year, but I find it hard to believe they will continue to excel by ignoring applicants. Almost every other school I've applied to has given me more feedback during the process and generally seemed more engaged (except Notre Dame).

ASU needs to take a page from Alabama's book. I had almost 0 intention of going to Alabama (AZ resident w/ T10 acceptances), but their admissions office and faculty have been stellar recruiters (phone calls, emails from faculty, copy of law review, tshirt) and as a result I'm flying out there next week.

Capitol A

Silver

Post by Capitol A » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:43 pm

TCo wrote:ASU really does need to engage their applicants more if they want to continue to attract qualified students. They made a huge jump in the rankings this year, but I find it hard to believe they will continue to excel by ignoring applicants. Almost every other school I've applied to has given me more feedback during the process and generally seemed more engaged (except Notre Dame).

ASU needs to take a page from Alabama's book. I had almost 0 intention of going to Alabama (AZ resident w/ T10 acceptances), but their admissions office and faculty have been stellar recruiters (phone calls, emails from faculty, copy of law review, tshirt) and as a result I'm flying out there next week.
Agreed. Whenever people ask where I haw applied, I normally forget I even sent an app to ASU. I'm already psyched on the acceptances I have already gotten.

chihuahua12

Bronze

Post by chihuahua12 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:22 pm

Last minute decision - decided to apply here. Has anyone been able to get a fee waiver? Stats are 166/3.56. Thanks!

Edit: Just did some TLS browsing. Apparently they e-mail you if you qualify, or you can request one after you send the application by checking the 'sending fee later' box.

Scorch

New

Post by Scorch » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:35 am

I stopped by the school this afternoon and took the tour. A very nice, and new, academic building. The library was built with a a wall of windows allowing vast amounts of natural light. And the weather was a balmy 75 degrees. Einstein Bagels one block away, and Buffalo Wild Wings about 200 yards away...very nice!
Kathy Meo, of admissions, informed me that early applicants will receive a decision by the end of the month...sorry no other news.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

skirschner1

New

Post by skirschner1 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:32 am

Scorch wrote:I stopped by the school this afternoon and took the tour. A very nice, and new, academic building. The library was built with a a wall of windows allowing vast amounts of natural light. And the weather was a balmy 75 degrees. Einstein Bagels one block away, and Buffalo Wild Wings about 200 yards away...very nice!
Kathy Meo, of admissions, informed me that early applicants will receive a decision by the end of the month...sorry no other news.
This is encouraging. Also good info on the facilities I haven't heard anything on them/seen any pictures. I had been wondering how it looked there.

Capitol A

Silver

Post by Capitol A » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:41 pm

skirschner1 wrote:
Scorch wrote:I stopped by the school this afternoon and took the tour. A very nice, and new, academic building. The library was built with a a wall of windows allowing vast amounts of natural light. And the weather was a balmy 75 degrees. Einstein Bagels one block away, and Buffalo Wild Wings about 200 yards away...very nice!
This is encouraging. Also good info on the facilities I haven't heard anything on them/seen any pictures. I had been wondering how it looked there.
I went to UG at ASU, and have lived in Phx my entire life. Obviously I have no first hand info on the law school, but if you want to know more general things about Tempe/Scottsdale/Phoenix, let me know. Other than the heat, I think this is a pretty great place to live. It can be significantly hipper and more urban than most people give it credit for, if you know where to go.

mepg

New

Post by mepg » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:45 am

Hi Everyone,

I am a 2L at ASU, so please let me know if you have any questions about the school. I have really enjoyed my experience thus far. I do know that the admissions process is notoriously slow, but don't let that be your deciding factor.

ColomboHeat

New

Post by ColomboHeat » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:13 pm

Thanks to the slow admissions process I don't feel so bad getting my application in the second week of January. :oops:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”