Arizona State 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pre-law

New

Re: Arizona State 2011

Post by pre-law » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:20 am

Capitol A wrote:
hscohen wrote:Investigating getting my parking pass for next year. Which structure is the best for law student parking?
There is a garage right across the street from the law school. The law school will be selling passes for this garage directly to the law students. I do not believe law students go through the same process for buying our parking passes as all of the UGs. They don't want law students to end up paying $35k/yr in tuition and parking out in lot 59.

Rural Road Parking Structure is the main parking for law students/law faculty.

hobojarpen

Bronze

Post by hobojarpen » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:28 pm

Waitlisted back in April, just got accepted off of WL this past Monday. Not sure what I'm going to do. I'd been planning and working towards retaking the LSAT and applying earlier and with better numbers for next cycle. But, by all accounts, ASU sounds like a fantastic place and school!

AbuAmir

New

Post by AbuAmir » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:56 pm

Congrats to everyone that got off the waitlist!

Just wondering: when does ASU expect those of you that just got off the WL to accept/deny and send in the deposit? I already deposited at Davis a month back and I'm fairly certain I'm headed there in the fall but I'm willing to hold my options open if ASU accepts me off the WL. I love Davis but I think ASU would probably be the financially wiser decision.

samaside

New

Post by samaside » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:30 pm

I haven't got the foggiest. So far it's just been email communication. I assume all of that is in the acceptance packets they've sent.

Anyone familiar with the ASU/Tempe area have any recommendations on finding housing and/or need an awesome geeky roommate?

bbvk05

New

Post by bbvk05 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:41 am

samaside wrote:I haven't got the foggiest. So far it's just been email communication. I assume all of that is in the acceptance packets they've sent.

Anyone familiar with the ASU/Tempe area have any recommendations on finding housing and/or need an awesome geeky roommate?

Housing is plentiful and cheap by national standards. My checklist for renting a place in tempe:

1) Never rent from an apartment complex that randomly matches roommates. There are tons of them.
2) Never room with undergraduate students. They are likely to implode into irresponsibility at any time and you will foot the bill.
3) Do room with graduate students. Any graduate student will do, but rooming with other law students makes sense. (PROTIP: ASU has a blackboard message board once you are admitted. GET IN THERE and post that you are looking for a roommate who is a law student. 20 other people are looking for the same thing. Meet up for coffee. Win.)
4) Houses are better than apartments. Guest houses are great too because usually your power is included in the price, meaning reasonable indoor temperatures are no additional cost.
5) MAKE SURE the house you rent has good insulation. Inspect it visually. Then call the power company and ask what the average, highest, and lowest months power bills were for the place. They will tell you and it will tell you if the place is efficient or not. This will save you BOAT LOADS of cash by avoiding leaky and hot houses that cost 5x more to keep at 80 degrees than another place costs to keep at 74 degrees. DO NOT NEGLECT THIS.
6) Being able to walk to campus is worth its weight in gold. No parking fees, no time wasted, no gas, etc. The light rail lines are also pretty fast if you live within walking distance.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

samaside

New

Post by samaside » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:08 pm

Fantastic, thanks mate. I'll check out the Blackboard deal and everything. I'm not from Tempe nor have I ever been to Tempe nor will I likely get to Tempe before orientation. But I have tons of family and some friends down there who can take a look around for me.

Also, for AbuAmir:
I got the packet today and our seat deposit is due on July 15th.

AbuAmir

New

Post by AbuAmir » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:40 pm

samaside wrote: Also, for AbuAmir:
I got the packet today and our seat deposit is due on July 15th.
Thanks for the heads up! Have fun at ASU and I wish you the best of luck!

AbuAmir

New

Post by AbuAmir » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:40 pm

"In" as of last night via a phone call and got $$ too! Looks like I'm headed to ASU in the fall!

dumbledore

New

Post by dumbledore » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:07 pm

After some new developments, it looks like I'll be joining you all at ASU this fall. Does anybody know of some good 1 br/1 bath apartments near the University? I'll probably be down there next week to find housing.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

samaside

New

Post by samaside » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:34 am

How much are you looking to pay? I have run across a few in my searches for housing but I can't promise much.

Also, those of us who have our schedules, anyone want to reveal their blocks? 09 here.

dumbledore

New

Post by dumbledore » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:57 am

Good question. I'm hoping to pay somewhere between $500-700 a month. Also, I was reading in the Guide Book that there are a few students who live in Phoenix and then commute to campus. I might end up doing that if I can get a place close to the light rail, which stops right at the campus. If you know of any good places, close or far from campus, please PM me the information. Much appreciated.

futuresundevil

New

Post by futuresundevil » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:01 am

Any LGBT peeps attending this fall? PM me.

2014JD1

New

Post by 2014JD1 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:12 pm

I know it's late in the game but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some last minute WL action. Has anyone heard ANYTHING?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ColomboHeat

New

Post by ColomboHeat » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:07 pm

2014JD1 wrote:I know it's late in the game but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some last minute WL action. Has anyone heard ANYTHING?
I asked to be removed from the waiting list about a week or two ago. This is an excerpt from an email dated August 1st:
I will take this opportunity to mention that we anticipate making a few offers from the waiting list this week and would be pleased to be able to consider your application. If you have any hesitation about your final choice for enrollment this fall and ASU remains on your mind, I would love to hear from you.

We appreciate your interest in the Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law at Arizona State University and wish you every success in your future endeavors.

Aldenita

New

Post by Aldenita » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:08 pm

Bump. What do yall think about school so far?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”