Arizona State 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Flett

Bronze

Re: Arizona State 2011

Post by Flett » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:17 pm

samaside wrote:A little of topic but... crap. I haven't seen my shot records in AGES.
... damn. I don't even know where to look for mine. :|

UtahPhi

New

Post by UtahPhi » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:25 pm

Anybody have any luck negotiating higher scholarships with ASU?
If so PM me to give me some hope...

samaside

New

Post by samaside » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:36 pm

Flett wrote:
samaside wrote:A little of topic but... crap. I haven't seen my shot records in AGES.
Haha, yeah. My grandmother just found mine in the bottom of a box of crap I left in her garage a year ago when I graduated from college before I moved to Ireland. She's in Texas and I'm in upstate New York now. Good to know I didn't lose them. Though my DoD job required I get like five shots redone because I couldn't prove I had had them so I guess either way I was probably good.

Anyway, back to bitching at how slow ASU is about getting pack to people...

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:53 pm

samaside wrote:
Flett wrote:
Haha, yeah. My grandmother just found mine in the bottom of a box of crap I left in her garage a year ago when I graduated from college before I moved to Ireland. She's in Texas and I'm in upstate New York now. Good to know I didn't lose them. Though my DoD job required I get like five shots redone because I couldn't prove I had had them so I guess either way I was probably good.

Anyway, back to bitching at how slow ASU is about getting pack to people...

Haha yes, they are just so damn slow

samaside

New

Post by samaside » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:58 pm

I called today and the perky gal on the other end for admissions was all cheerful as she told me "We expect to have all decisions mailed out by the middle or end of April."

:|

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:04 pm

samaside wrote:I called today and the perky gal on the other end for admissions was all cheerful as she told me "We expect to have all decisions mailed out by the middle or end of April."

Lame, I bet they are throwing around all of our applications like paper airplanes or something

JCDent

New

Post by JCDent » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:13 pm

Honestly, when my cycle began ASU was my top choice and I really applied to UA as an afterthought. However, UA made a decision on my application in far less time than ASU has taken and has really been a pleasure to deal with throughout this entire process. I was really hoping to hear from ASU before I visit the region early April, but it appears as though it is very likely that won't happen. Considering the fact that many deposit deadlines are April 15th, it really puts me in a tough situation and realistically it makes UA look more and more favourable with each day I wait to hear from ASU. Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear back

tropicalpeach

New

Post by tropicalpeach » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:15 pm

I'm going to visit Monday (can't make ASW) and see the area for the first time. Does anyone have any recommendations of where to eat/what to see? Thanks!

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:24 pm

tropicalpeach wrote:I'm going to visit Monday (can't make ASW) and see the area for the first time. Does anyone have any recommendations of where to eat/what to see? Thanks!

Mill Avenue (Tempe) is pretty cool, it's a bunch of bars/clubs and restaurants

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:27 pm

Actually, what are you really looking to do/see? I live 15 minutes from Tempe so I can probably help

Capitol A

Silver

Post by Capitol A » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:45 pm

tropicalpeach wrote:I'm going to visit Monday (can't make ASW) and see the area for the first time. Does anyone have any recommendations of where to eat/what to see? Thanks!
Where are you staying? Will you have a car? What's your budget? What kind of stuff are you in to? What's your scene/crowd? Are coming alone?
Phoenix/Tempe truly has something for everyone, and you're coming at the perfect time, but we need to know a little bit about you in order to make good recommendations.

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:49 pm

Capitol A wrote:
Where are you staying? Will you have a car? What's your budget? What kind of stuff are you in to? What's your scene/crowd? Are coming alone?
Phoenix/Tempe truly has something for everyone, and you're coming at the perfect time, but we need to know a little bit about you in order to make good recommendations.

+1

sab0tage

New

Post by sab0tage » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:52 pm

gaud wrote:Actually, what are you really looking to do/see? I live 15 minutes from Tempe so I can probably help
You in Phoenix?

I'm in South Phoenix, which is pretty much just like Scottsdale just more stabbin' and crack smokin'

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:57 pm

sab0tage wrote:
gaud wrote:Actually, what are you really looking to do/see? I live 15 minutes from Tempe so I can probably help
You in Phoenix?

I'm in South Phoenix, which is pretty much just like Scottsdale just more stabbin' and crack smokin'

North Phoenix, just like scottsdale just with more oc's and taco stands

sab0tage

New

Post by sab0tage » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:08 am

gaud wrote:
sab0tage wrote:
You in Phoenix?

North Phoenix, just like scottsdale just with more oc's and taco stands
I fucking love good mexican food, I eat ungodly amounts of it.
does oc's = oxycontin?

samaside

New

Post by samaside » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:09 am

You know, you guys are already making the Phoenix/Tempe area sound so much more like Stockton. I'll feel right at home! (You know, if ASU ever mails those damn decision letters.)

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:11 am

Yes, the food is amazing, any one of the 'beto's' franchises expecially lol.
also yes, oc = oxycodone

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Maury Levy

New

Post by Maury Levy » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:19 am

gaud wrote:
samaside wrote:I called today and the perky gal on the other end for admissions was all cheerful as she told me "We expect to have all decisions mailed out by the middle or end of April."

Lame, I bet they are throwing around all of our applications like paper airplanes or something
I imagine they're being used as napkins. :roll:

samaside

New

Post by samaside » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:26 am

Maury Levy wrote:
gaud wrote:

I imagine they're being used as napkins. :roll:
More likely toilet paper. That way they can literally shit on our dreams. :D

Flett

Bronze

Post by Flett » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:05 am

gaud wrote:

Mill Avenue (Tempe) is pretty cool, it's a bunch of bars/clubs and restaurants
Except for the malicious birds who seem to intentionally crap on people. My sunglasses will never be the same! :lol:

Good thing Churchill's and Rula Bula make up for it imo. I love Rula Bula's food and the bartenders are all pretty cool people. I don't smoke at all, but the people who run Churchill's are really chill. Love just sitting in the chairs in front of the shop and watching the people waiting in line to get into Robbie Fox's to party.

tropicalpeach

New

Post by tropicalpeach » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:46 am

Wow, thanks! I know this isn't the right venue to ask this question, but the other asu threads seem nonexistent. We are flying in Sunday morning, and already have tickets to a preseason baseball game Sunday afternoon at 1. We have all Sunday night, all day Monday and Monday night to do things. I rented a car, so that should be fine. The hotel is in Tempe, but I don't mind driving. Maybe a great restaurant for Sunday night- authentic Mexican? We have horrible Mexican food in Atlanta and I'd love some good food. A dinner place Monday night, as well? Maybe tri-tip, or something else "west"ish or full of asu students to get a feel. And good neighborhoods we should drive through where most of the law school students, etc, live?

Thanks! Feel free to PM me or whatever, I don't want to take up this entire board :)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Capitol A

Silver

Post by Capitol A » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:29 am

tropicalpeach wrote:Wow, thanks! I know this isn't the right venue to ask this question, but the other asu threads seem nonexistent. We are flying in Sunday morning, and already have tickets to a preseason baseball game Sunday afternoon at 1. We have all Sunday night, all day Monday and Monday night to do things. I rented a car, so that should be fine. The hotel is in Tempe, but I don't mind driving. Maybe a great restaurant for Sunday night- authentic Mexican? We have horrible Mexican food in Atlanta and I'd love some good food. A dinner place Monday night, as well? Maybe tri-tip, or something else "west"ish or full of asu students to get a feel. And good neighborhoods we should drive through where most of the law school students, etc, live?

Thanks! Feel free to PM me or whatever, I don't want to take up this entire board :)
PM'd you.

AngelAuthor

New

Post by AngelAuthor » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:13 pm

gaud wrote:

I had dinner with Dean Soto last night and talked to her about y'all. She assured me that decisions are being pushed out every few days or so. I know the waiting is hard, especially for ASU, but it won't be much longer, guys. Hang in there.

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:06 pm

AngelAuthor wrote:
gaud wrote:

I had dinner with Dean Soto last night and talked to her about y'all. She assured me that decisions are being pushed out every few days or so. I know the waiting is hard, especially for ASU, but it won't be much longer, guys. Hang in there.

Thank you for the optimism

Classof2014

New

Post by Classof2014 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:08 pm

JCDent wrote:Honestly, when my cycle began ASU was my top choice and I really applied to UA as an afterthought. However, UA made a decision on my application in far less time than ASU has taken and has really been a pleasure to deal with throughout this entire process. I was really hoping to hear from ASU before I visit the region early April, but it appears as though it is very likely that won't happen. Considering the fact that many deposit deadlines are April 15th, it really puts me in a tough situation and realistically it makes UA look more and more favourable with each day I wait to hear from ASU. Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear back
+1

I was the same way. I can't believe that I was already accepted with a sweet scholly offer from UA and still haven't heard anything from ASU. If they haven't gotten back to me by the April 15th seat deposit deadline, then I'm going to be moving to Tucson regardless of their decision.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”