Penn State 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
firecracker
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:14 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby firecracker » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:16 pm

Spinozist21 wrote:
firecracker wrote:Applied 11/11. Complete 11/12. Under review TODAY! :shock:

My college roommate recommended I apply to Carlisle because that's where she is (1L), but I need a bigger campus, so UP is better for me.


Gotta be at UP...I mean where else do you have a chance to see a Penn State runningback peeing on campus? :lol: :lol: :lol:


+1 When you put it that way... :D

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:18 pm

firecracker wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:
firecracker wrote:Applied 11/11. Complete 11/12. Under review TODAY! :shock:

My college roommate recommended I apply to Carlisle because that's where she is (1L), but I need a bigger campus, so UP is better for me.


Gotta be at UP...I mean where else do you have a chance to see a Penn State runningback peeing on campus? :lol: :lol: :lol:


+1 When you put it that way... :D


Penn State freshman runningback Silas Redd was arrested and cited for peeing in public a couple days ago.

Redd is a great young runningback...you'd figure he could run really fast into a dorm or something. :lol:

User avatar
firecracker
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:14 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby firecracker » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:23 pm

Spinozist21 wrote:
firecracker wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:
firecracker wrote:Applied 11/11. Complete 11/12. Under review TODAY! :shock:

My college roommate recommended I apply to Carlisle because that's where she is (1L), but I need a bigger campus, so UP is better for me.


Gotta be at UP...I mean where else do you have a chance to see a Penn State runningback peeing on campus? :lol: :lol: :lol:


+1 When you put it that way... :D


Penn State freshman runningback Silas Redd was arrested and cited for peeing in public a couple days ago.

Redd is a great young runningback...you'd figure he could run really fast into a dorm or something. :lol:


Ha, yes you would figure. But football is actually something I asked my former roomie about since she is in Carlisle. She told me no one has time for the football games, but I'm guessing it's because they'd have to drive 2 hours or something to go to them right? Or does no one have time to go to one football game ever??

User avatar
hurricane10
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:46 am

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby hurricane10 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:25 pm

Under Review today as well... maybe it won't take them that long after all.

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:28 pm

firecracker wrote:
Ha, yes you would figure. But football is actually something I asked my former roomie about since she is in Carlisle. She told me no one has time for the football games, but I'm guessing it's because they'd have to drive 2 hours or something to go to them right? Or does no one have time to go to one football game ever??


I'll find time to go to games...Paternoville! :lol:

dstr15
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:55 am

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby dstr15 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:09 pm

I am under review as well and the date changed to today. Does anybody who was already admitted know how long it took Penn State to render a decision from the Under Review stage?

ran12
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby ran12 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:12 pm

Took about 2.5 weeks to get a decision

User avatar
brochocinco
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:47 am

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby brochocinco » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:18 pm

I'm Under Review too! I'm really surprised with the swiftness of PSU. I got an email about my status checker about 3 hours after I applied.

User avatar
balzern
Posts: 347
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby balzern » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:26 pm

been UR since 11/2...any timetable?

leefair123
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:56 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby leefair123 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:38 pm

still under review since 11-2 i submitted end oct....

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby northwood » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:37 pm

im going UP. If I end up going,, I would like the opportunity to see a college football game in happy valley. I also heard paterno ice cream is pretty good too!

joe paterno has his own ice cream flavor named after him.... i guess you can say its well deserved, since hes been there before ice cream was invented...

Rgaliana
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:31 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby Rgaliana » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:42 pm

northwood wrote:im going UP. If I end up going,, I would like the opportunity to see a college football game in happy valley. I also heard paterno ice cream is pretty good too!

joe paterno has his own ice cream flavor named after him.... i guess you can say its well deserved, since hes been there before ice cream was invented...


Agreed.

There's something drawing me to this law school. It's not the highest ranked school, but for some reason PSU is really standing out to me.

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby northwood » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:45 pm

i hear you on that... i applied, originally not caring what the outcome is,( so i didnt write the optional essay), but now im starting to really hope i go there, I have no logical explination for this, but it starting to feel like its the right one.


And the worst part is that i havent been drinking, so i cant blame it on the alcohol!

Chants
Posts: 140
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:20 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby Chants » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:50 pm

I feel like this is happening to me too. At penn state and two others that were supposed to be fall back plans..these 3 are now top of my list and I find myself wishing id submitted more why x's...

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby northwood » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:58 pm

i know.. plus i couldnt attend the open house this past saturday as i was out of town.

im hoping i get accepted so i can see the campus for myself

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby Barbie » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:01 pm

I def. need my acceptances early if I want to plan to visit. It's hard to take off work.

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:02 pm

I actually really like their technologically advanced campus...

Rgaliana
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:31 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby Rgaliana » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:27 pm

Spinozist21 wrote:I actually really like their technologically advanced campus...


That's one of the best parts!

The law school has a lot going for it. I wouldn't be surprised to see Dickinson surge in the rankings in the next couple of years.

User avatar
hurricane10
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:46 am

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby hurricane10 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:39 pm

I am from the State College area so if anyone has any questions about the general area or school let me know

User avatar
jbarl1
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby jbarl1 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:42 pm

Spinozist21 wrote:I actually really like their technologically advanced campus...


As a 1L I can tell you that it is really, really nice to have a building where everything is "plugged in." You can plug in your laptop anywhere you are, all the classes are recorded and you can interview via video conference. Those are just a few things I can think of off the top of my head, but it is a really awesome building.

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:45 pm

Hopefully before we would graduate lol.

User avatar
TJISMYHERO
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby TJISMYHERO » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:48 pm

I also went under review today.. :/

eternallearner
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:11 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby eternallearner » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:06 pm

For those accepted: did you receive a fee waiver (non-financial based)?

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby northwood » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:08 pm

fee waivers dont mean anything.

they have no coorelation to acceptance or denail, or sholarship. Its just a way to get more people to apply

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:12 pm

northwood wrote:fee waivers dont mean anything.

they have no coorelation to acceptance or denail, or sholarship. Its just a way to get more people to apply

This seems correct. I received a need-based waiver, but no merit based.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AJ1010, Blue664, BodieBroadus, Exabot [Bot], staypuff and 20 guests