Penn State 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
balzern
Posts: 347
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby balzern » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:43 pm

northwood wrote:a lot of people have been under review for a month or more and still havent heard a decision yet.


+1

User avatar
gin
Posts: 389
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:35 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby gin » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:45 pm

NJcollegestudent wrote:I just went complete today at Penn State Law School. Does anyone know how long it takes to have your file reviewed and a decision made?

I've been under review for 2 weeks which is a lot for me but there are people who have been UR longer. Mine went from complete to UR in less than a day

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby Barbie » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:58 pm

gin wrote:I've been under review for 2 weeks which is a lot for me but there are people who have been UR longer. Mine went from complete to UR in less than a day


lolwut

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:01 am

Barbie wrote:
gin wrote:I've been under review for 2 weeks which is a lot for me but there are people who have been UR longer. Mine went from complete to UR in less than a day


lolwut


Where have you been girl?

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby Barbie » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:02 am

Spinozist21 wrote:Where have you been girl?


Working my ass off trying to make some $$$. haha. It's been tough because I've been working 40+ a week and still going to school full time. It's literally wearing me down to the bone. Luckily I graduate next week so I'll just be working. Haven't gotten any news from any LSs in a while either :(

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:51 am

Barbie wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:Where have you been girl?


Working my ass off trying to make some $$$. haha. It's been tough because I've been working 40+ a week and still going to school full time. It's literally wearing me down to the bone. Luckily I graduate next week so I'll just be working. Haven't gotten any news from any LSs in a while either :(


I have been doing the 40+ hour+18 credit hour thing for like 2 years now...it definitely sucks! Keep ya head up though!

And hopefully we'll hear back soon from other law schools...next will be W&L for me and it will be my first rejection :lol:

User avatar
gin
Posts: 389
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:35 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby gin » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:25 am

Barbie wrote:
gin wrote:I've been under review for 2 weeks which is a lot for me but there are people who have been UR longer. Mine went from complete to UR in less than a day


lolwut


I'm not very patient. Out of curiosity, do you guys know if a lot of people who apply to penn state also apply to pitt and villanova? because that's what I'm doing

ran12
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby ran12 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:26 am

gin wrote:
Barbie wrote:
gin wrote:I've been under review for 2 weeks which is a lot for me but there are people who have been UR longer. Mine went from complete to UR in less than a day


lolwut


I'm not very patient. Out of curiosity, do you guys know if a lot of people who apply to penn state also apply to pitt and villanova? because that's what I'm doing


Prob since they're peer schools.

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:38 am

gin wrote:
Barbie wrote:
gin wrote:I've been under review for 2 weeks which is a lot for me but there are people who have been UR longer. Mine went from complete to UR in less than a day


lolwut


I'm not very patient. Out of curiosity, do you guys know if a lot of people who apply to penn state also apply to pitt and villanova? because that's what I'm doing


Well I applied to PSU and I also applied to both of those...not a very large sample size tho now am I?

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby HeavenWood » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:54 am

Spinozist21 wrote:Well I applied to PSU and I also applied to both of those...not a very large sample size tho now am I?


I did as well (just made that sample size a little larger :lol:).

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:59 am

HeavenWood wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:Well I applied to PSU and I also applied to both of those...not a very large sample size tho now am I?


I did as well (just made that sample size a little larger :lol:).


Two out of two.

So the answer is to the affirmative. QED. :lol:

Chouchous
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:16 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby Chouchous » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:06 am

make that 3 out of 3, received a fee waiver from Villanova yesterday and so I applied there as well

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:11 am

Chouchous wrote:make that 3 out of 3, received a fee waiver from Villanova yesterday and so I applied there as well


Its already been decided...QED'd in fact...so no further verification is needed. :lol:

J/K....GOOD luck at all the schools man.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby Barbie » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:58 am

I applied to both Penn State and Pitt, but not Villanova. I heard Villanova was in a bad area. Idk, though :)

fridgeymonster3
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:59 am

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby fridgeymonster3 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:26 am

Barbie wrote:I applied to both Penn State and Pitt, but not Villanova. I heard Villanova was in a bad area. Idk, though :)


Villanova is in a very nice area just outside philly. Temple is the peer school that is in a "bad" area (north philly).

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby northwood » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:42 am

applied to psu, pitt and nova... guess theres a trend in this thread

User avatar
brochocinco
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:47 am

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby brochocinco » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:43 am

PA or bust! I applied to PSU, Temple, Nova and Pitt.

User avatar
Peekay80
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:44 am

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby Peekay80 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:55 am

I did all but Temple. I was a little put off by their admissions staff. Anyways, my heart is with Nova, my wife loves the the programs she can get at Penn State, and Pitt hopefully will be the most economical for us...We shall see. Still waiting on some Hail Mary apps though.

ran12
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby ran12 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:34 pm

Barbie wrote:I applied to both Penn State and Pitt, but not Villanova. I heard Villanova was in a bad area. Idk, though :)


Nova's got one of the nicest campuses around Philly area.

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby HeavenWood » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:39 pm

ran12 wrote:
Barbie wrote:I applied to both Penn State and Pitt, but not Villanova. I heard Villanova was in a bad area. Idk, though :)


Nova's got one of the nicest campuses around Philly area.


I grew up ten minutes from Villanova. It's a pleasant enough campus, but it's stuck in the middle of the suburbs. There isn't a whole lot for college-aged kids to do on the Main Line. Most students from Villanova/Haverford/Bryn Mawr go to Philly (a ~20 minute drive) when they want a good time.

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:46 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
ran12 wrote:
Barbie wrote:I applied to both Penn State and Pitt, but not Villanova. I heard Villanova was in a bad area. Idk, though :)


Nova's got one of the nicest campuses around Philly area.


I grew up ten minutes from Villanova. It's a pleasant enough campus, but it's stuck in the middle of the suburbs. There isn't a whole lot for college-aged kids to do on the Main Line. Most students from Villanova/Haverford/Bryn Mawr go to Philly (a ~20 minute drive) when they want a good time.


The area is quite nice around Villanova though...and didnt they just build new law school areas or something?

ran12
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby ran12 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:48 pm

Spinozist21 wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
ran12 wrote:
Barbie wrote:I applied to both Penn State and Pitt, but not Villanova. I heard Villanova was in a bad area. Idk, though :)


Nova's got one of the nicest campuses around Philly area.


I grew up ten minutes from Villanova. It's a pleasant enough campus, but it's stuck in the middle of the suburbs. There isn't a whole lot for college-aged kids to do on the Main Line. Most students from Villanova/Haverford/Bryn Mawr go to Philly (a ~20 minute drive) when they want a good time.


The area is quite nice around Villanova though...and didnt they just build new law school areas or something?


Idk how new the building is but online it looks pretty new and nice.

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby HeavenWood » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:50 pm

Spinozist21 wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
ran12 wrote:
Barbie wrote:I applied to both Penn State and Pitt, but not Villanova. I heard Villanova was in a bad area. Idk, though :)


Nova's got one of the nicest campuses around Philly area.


I grew up ten minutes from Villanova. It's a pleasant enough campus, but it's stuck in the middle of the suburbs. There isn't a whole lot for college-aged kids to do on the Main Line. Most students from Villanova/Haverford/Bryn Mawr go to Philly (a ~20 minute drive) when they want a good time.


The area is quite nice around Villanova though...and didnt they just build new law school areas or something?


It's an extremely wealthy area, yes. (I don't know if the law school areas are new or not).

jacob_c84
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:40 am

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby jacob_c84 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:03 pm

Sent my Application in 11/05. Just yesterday it went complete-not sure whats up with that. Who knows how long it will be until they decide to review it.

159/3.6
Carlisle
No Extra Essay
Applied to Pitt (got a fee waiver from Villanova, but I'm not going to Apply)

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby HeavenWood » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:28 pm

jacob_c84 wrote:Sent my Application in 11/05. Just yesterday it went complete-not sure whats up with that. Who knows how long it will be until they decide to review it.

159/3.6
Carlisle
No Extra Essay
Applied to Pitt (got a fee waiver from Villanova, but I'm not going to Apply)


Where do you want to work?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 0LawSchool, 20171lhopeful, Aquinas, freekick, genjustice, Google Adsense [Bot], katthegreat11, Keardus, Keilz, neptunian, nslaw123, okf731, phelpsy, stewhan, ThorB, unrelated and 32 guests