Penn State 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
balzern
Posts: 347
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby balzern » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:23 pm

I have been in review since 11/2 also Barbie.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby Barbie » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:23 pm

balzern wrote:I have been in review since 11/2 also Barbie.


hifriend :|

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:27 pm

Barbie wrote:
Rgaliana wrote:
Barbie wrote:
northwood wrote:they probably left right after my phone call... I think I might have scared them away!

you should hear something soon. im not sure when they go on thanksgiving break ( i would be surprised if they did anything over that period) though.


I should have heard already. I asked her if in-state gets reviewed first, and she said they are reviewed based on when they are submitted-- so mine was definitly reviewed a LONG time ago. Which means they aren't accepting me.. which I find bizarre and a bummer :(.


A common tactic law schools use is to put applicants they've reviewed in a separate stack that will be reviewed later in the admissions process. If law schools take everyone really early, they may leave out students with good numbers that apply in December. So they take this stack and compare them to applications that come in later in the year. I'm not saying Penn State uses this tactic, but maybe that gives you some insight.


I PMed you.
I did note that I did not choose to write the "Why PS" optional essay. Did any of you?


Again, I write this as the last part of all my PS's

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:28 pm

Barbie wrote:
balzern wrote:I have been in review since 11/2 also Barbie.


hifriend :|


Seriously...dont be down...u'll get in. If they had made the decision not to accept you you'd also know that.

User avatar
balzern
Posts: 347
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby balzern » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:32 pm

Spinozist21 wrote:
Barbie wrote:
balzern wrote:I have been in review since 11/2 also Barbie.


hifriend :|


Seriously...dont be down...u'll get in. If they had made the decision not to accept you you'd also know that.



yeah i keep thinking that if they really thought that I had no chance I would get dinged early?? Who knows.

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby northwood » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:41 pm

although its not PSU, I also applied to WVU I got a nice e-mail from the admissions lady today ( i forgot about this one) and I thought I would share it with you all ( I went in review on 11/2).

dreama.devincent@mail.wvu.edu to me
show details 1:26 PM (12 minutes ago)

I wanted to let you know I will be out of the office from today, Friday, November 19 thru Sunday, November 28. I updated the files today. After today there will be no updates online until I return. So relax and have a GREAT Holiday!!!!!

If you need to speak to someone Tina Oliverio, Director of Admissions, will be in the office on Monday, November 22 and Tuesday, November 23. Then, she will also be out of the office until Monday, November 29 also.


Have a great holiday week everyone. Its going to be nice getting our acceptances with scholly notices after thanksgiving ( making for an even merrier winter break!)
P.S. when there is an admitted student day, I will have my TLS name underneath my real name. It will be nice to finally put faces to names

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:52 pm

northwood wrote:although its not PSU, I also applied to WVU I got a nice e-mail from the admissions lady today ( i forgot about this one) and I thought I would share it with you all ( I went in review on 11/2).

dreama.devincent@mail.wvu.edu to me
show details 1:26 PM (12 minutes ago)

I wanted to let you know I will be out of the office from today, Friday, November 19 thru Sunday, November 28. I updated the files today. After today there will be no updates online until I return. So relax and have a GREAT Holiday!!!!!

If you need to speak to someone Tina Oliverio, Director of Admissions, will be in the office on Monday, November 22 and Tuesday, November 23. Then, she will also be out of the office until Monday, November 29 also.


Have a great holiday week everyone. Its going to be nice getting our acceptances with scholly notices after thanksgiving ( making for an even merrier winter break!)
P.S. when there is an admitted student day, I will have my TLS name underneath my real name. It will be nice to finally put faces to names


Have a good holiday man...I'll probably still be around here...not doing anything for the holiday, just working and getting some schoolwork done.

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby northwood » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:19 pm

you too... Ill still be checking things out. its the perfect excuse to take a break from my family.

Chouchous
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:16 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby Chouchous » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:08 pm

I've also been in review since early November and submitted my app the first day applications were available.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby Barbie » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:12 pm

Chouchous wrote:I've also been in review since early November and submitted my app the first day applications were available.


Same here! What are your #s

Chouchous
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:16 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby Chouchous » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:27 pm

GPA just below the median and LSAT well above the 75th percentile. I also wrote a "why penn state" essay.

User avatar
Henchman21
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:03 am

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby Henchman21 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:42 am

IR 11/16

Rgaliana
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:31 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby Rgaliana » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:43 am

Henchman21 wrote:IR 11/16


Same.

Hope it comes soon :oops:

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby northwood » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:46 am

i know.. im starting to feel less confident every day that passes.......

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby Barbie » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:47 am

northwood wrote:i know.. im starting to feel less confident every day that passes.......


lol uhh... You're telling ME! hah.

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby northwood » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:49 am

and the alcohol isnt helping!

cheers to everyone!

cheers again for all of our good news still to come ( you can hurry up now news... you've taken long enough allready)

Chouchous
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:16 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby Chouchous » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:01 pm

couldn't agree more. Penn State is one of my top choices...

firemed
Posts: 1195
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:36 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby firemed » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:21 pm

IR 11/16...

Guessing I wont hear until December at the earliest, and probably not till January. I have nothing to base this off of except guesses though.

User avatar
TJISMYHERO
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby TJISMYHERO » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:49 pm

firemedicprelaw wrote:IR 11/16...

Guessing I wont hear until December at the earliest, and probably not till January. I have nothing to base this off of except guesses though.


Based on how quickly many of those who went into review early in November got their decisions, I am expecting a decision sometime before mid December.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby Barbie » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:17 pm

TJISMYHERO wrote:
firemedicprelaw wrote:IR 11/16...

Guessing I wont hear until December at the earliest, and probably not till January. I have nothing to base this off of except guesses though.


Based on how quickly many of those who went into review early in November got their decisions, I am expecting a decision sometime before mid December.


Some people here, even with #s well above 75th percentile, have been waiting over 4 weeks... :cry:

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby northwood » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:20 pm

silly, semi drunk question:
are the medians you are using found on the psu college of law website, or one of the predictor websites ( LSN, law school predictor, etc)?

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby Barbie » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:33 pm

northwood wrote:silly, semi drunk question:
are the medians you are using found on the psu college of law website, or one of the predictor websites ( LSN, law school predictor, etc)?


both?

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby northwood » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:39 pm

im just trying to put a percentage down for what the results going to be:

according to psu law bout 50 50
lsn and other ones,... pretty good


i think im going to disregard psu's website and just keep checking the other ones, although this thinking may lead to a nice rejection later on

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby Barbie » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:44 pm

northwood wrote:im just trying to put a percentage down for what the results going to be:

according to psu law bout 50 50
lsn and other ones,... pretty good


i think im going to disregard psu's website and just keep checking the other ones, although this thinking may lead to a nice rejection later on


huh? Are you talking about your chances lol? All the predictors aren't very accurate IMO. I'm strong consider for PSU and you know whats happening with my app so... lol. I've also been waitlisted at places I got "DENY" on LSP. And accepted to ALL the "considers"

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby northwood » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:49 pm

i figured each one wasnt that accurate, but im getting impatient ( but who am i to speak?? i know im far from being the only one) that i havent heard yet, and im trying to figure out where the holes in my application are.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: oliviaj_j and 8 guests