Penn State 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Barbie

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Postby Barbie » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:54 pm

TJISMYHERO wrote:
Barbie wrote:So pretty much I am the ONLY person who applied as early as I did and hasn't heard?

I know yall say "I'm fine" but this is annoying. I am going to call and be like "oh hai was goin on derr why do yous hates me :("

Oh the suspense! Hearing nothing is better than hearing something bad.

NO! Penn state was one of my safetys :(

northwood

Postby northwood » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:55 pm

keep up the faith. youll get the good news soon
Last edited by northwood on Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TJISMYHERO

Postby TJISMYHERO » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:56 pm

Rgaliana wrote:
TJISMYHERO wrote:Now I'm getting nervous. UR on 11/16, I wasn't expecting a decision for a while, but after hearing that people are already being accepted I'll probably be on status checker like a fat kid on chocolate cake.

I've been UR since 11/16 too. There was only one other person that got admitted going UR the same day in this thread I think. I have a strong feeling we'll hear from them tomorrow or monday

That would be nice. I'm really surprised at how fast they are going through apps. I'm not even under review at any other school I've applied to yet.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:57 pm

northwood wrote:If i were you, id be in my car and driving to the school with one of those do you love me or not letters that you wrote in 2nd grade, walk into the admissions office and hand it to the admissions dean and not leave until they checked a box

I would... but florida to pennsylvania... I might have to miss work!! cant do that...

I know what I'm going to say for reals on the phone though. Interested to get their response hah.

northwood

Postby northwood » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:57 pm

itll be friday.. all is good to make a weekend road trip

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:58 pm

northwood wrote:itll be friday.. all is good to make a weekend road trip

I'm going to be in Gainesville! knocking on UF's door :D haha

northwood

Postby northwood » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:00 pm

good luck.. i would love to go to UF.

GO GATORS

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:02 pm

northwood wrote:good luck.. i would love to go to UF.

GO GATORS

haha I'm not doing anything law related. Just sports related. :) Drinking and rugby and football... Horay!

but Penn State stalking during my lunch hour. Ill let you know how it goes :)

Rgaliana

Postby Rgaliana » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:07 pm

GO GATORS

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:11 pm

Rgaliana wrote:

GO GATORS

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

You applied there!!!!!

northwood

Postby northwood » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:14 pm

yea.. I designated UF as pluto reach.. as in the odds of me getting in there are so long, they stretch all the way to pluto. Ive applied to UF for undergrad, grad school and now law school. So far ive been denied there every time. Maybe the streak ends? I doubt it.( at least im consistent)

anyways... If I get into Penn State, I will be extremly happy.

brochocinco

Postby brochocinco » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:42 pm

I just want a decision from somewhere!! I'm UR at Pitt and PSU and expecting PSU to be my first decision.

jbarl1

Postby jbarl1 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:27 am

Congrats to everyone who is in so far and, to those who are still waiting, hang in there! The admissions office is working hard to provide decisions quickly and efficiently. I hope to see a lot of you at the Open House in the spring! I will be giving tours and answering your questions, so plan on a great trip to central PA :)

northwood

Postby northwood » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:29 am

are you going to have TLS somewhere on your name tag? Otherwise, assuming i get in, im going to be spending too much of the tour trying to match tls names to real life names, and miss out on everything..

just a thought

Spinozist21

Postby Spinozist21 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:08 am

northwood wrote:are you going to have TLS somewhere on your name tag? Otherwise, assuming i get in, im going to be spending too much of the tour trying to match tls names to real life names, and miss out on everything..

just a thought

If I am able to come I will, indeed, put TLS name on my nametag...

Rgaliana

Postby Rgaliana » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:42 am

Barbie wrote:
Rgaliana wrote:

GO GATORS

You applied there!!!!!

Better than applying to FSU

Go canes :)

hurricane10

Postby hurricane10 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:59 am

Rgaliana wrote:
Barbie wrote:
Rgaliana wrote:

GO GATORS

You applied there!!!!!

Better than applying to FSU

Go canes :)

C-A-N-E-S!

northwood

Postby northwood » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:49 pm

anyways. I called PSU today and asked about how long it takes to be in review. The lady was actually nice and told me that they are busy working on making decisions, and it takes anywheres from a couple of days to 3 weeks from once your application goes from in review to decision renderded. Once a decision is made, they will update your status and send a nice email. Depending on when you go in ( near a break, finals, midterms etc) it may take longer. So for those of us who went in reviw around the 16th, If we dont hear anything by next tuesday, I would bet that our decision would be around december first. ( just a guess)

Those that went in review earlier, it should be anytime soon.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:52 pm

northwood wrote:anyways. I called PSU today and asked about how long it takes to be in review. The lady was actually nice and told me that they are busy working on making decisions, and it takes anywheres from a couple of days to 3 weeks from once your application goes from in review to decision renderded. Once a decision is made, they will update your status and send a nice email. Depending on when you go in ( near a break, finals, midterms etc) it may take longer. So for those of us who went in reviw around the 16th, If we dont hear anything by next tuesday, I would bet that our decision would be around december first. ( just a guess)

Those that went in review earlier, it should be anytime soon.

When I called they had already left. I've been Under Review over 4 weeks.

northwood

Postby northwood » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:55 pm

they probably left right after my phone call... I think I might have scared them away!

you should hear something soon. im not sure when they go on thanksgiving break ( i would be surprised if they did anything over that period) though.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:58 pm

northwood wrote:they probably left right after my phone call... I think I might have scared them away!

you should hear something soon. im not sure when they go on thanksgiving break ( i would be surprised if they did anything over that period) though.

I should have heard already. I asked her if in-state gets reviewed first, and she said they are reviewed based on when they are submitted-- so mine was definitly reviewed a LONG time ago. Which means they aren't accepting me.. which I find bizarre and a bummer :(.

Rgaliana

Postby Rgaliana » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:01 pm

Barbie wrote:
northwood wrote:they probably left right after my phone call... I think I might have scared them away!

I should have heard already. I asked her if in-state gets reviewed first, and she said they are reviewed based on when they are submitted-- so mine was definitly reviewed a LONG time ago. Which means they aren't accepting me.. which I find bizarre and a bummer :(.

A common tactic law schools use is to put applicants they've reviewed in a separate stack that will be reviewed later in the admissions process. If law schools take everyone really early, they may leave out students with good numbers that apply in December. So they take this stack and compare them to applications that come in later in the year. I'm not saying Penn State uses this tactic, but maybe that gives you some insight.

northwood

Postby northwood » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:03 pm

I wouldnt worry about it. If they dont accept you, they're missing out, not you.

Besides- I dont realy put a lot of stock in these conversations. You really never know where in the pile your application is. Seton Hall told me that they make decisions on those that applied early, but wont release them until december/ january. So we wont know either way if were in or out.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:05 pm

Rgaliana wrote:
Barbie wrote:

A common tactic law schools use is to put applicants they've reviewed in a separate stack that will be reviewed later in the admissions process. If law schools take everyone really early, they may leave out students with good numbers that apply in December. So they take this stack and compare them to applications that come in later in the year. I'm not saying Penn State uses this tactic, but maybe that gives you some insight.

I PMed you.
I did note that I did not choose to write the "Why PS" optional essay. Did any of you?

northwood

Postby northwood » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:07 pm

i did not do that essay

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”