Penn State 2011 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
northwood

Platinum

Re: Penn State 2011 Applicants

Post by northwood » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:29 pm

so if you apply at one campus, are you in consideration for both, or just that one?

can you be WL at UP and then get accepted at CArlisle? OR WL at Carlisle and then be offered at UP?

that would be awfully nice of them, dont you think?

jbarl1

Silver

Post by jbarl1 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:56 pm

northwood wrote:so if you apply at one campus, are you in consideration for both, or just that one?

can you be WL at UP and then get accepted at CArlisle? OR WL at Carlisle and then be offered at UP?

that would be awfully nice of them, dont you think?
You are accepted to the school overall. You list a campus preference on the application, but you are not actually "applying" to that campus, you are applying to the school as a whole. The two-campus thing can be a bit weird to get used to, but its really just one school. They try to honor your campus preference and in the majority of cases that is no problem. You can't be accepted to one campus and wait listed at the other because it is one school with one entering class.

jacob_c84

New

Post by jacob_c84 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:25 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
jacob_c84 wrote:Sent my Application in 11/05. Just yesterday it went complete-not sure whats up with that. Who knows how long it will be until they decide to review it.

159/3.6
Carlisle
No Extra Essay
Applied to Pitt (got a fee waiver from Villanova, but I'm not going to Apply)
Where do you want to work?
The schools are regional so, unless I happen to do amazing in law school, I'm sure I'll be working in fairly close vicinity to whatever school I go to.

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:26 pm

jacob_c84 wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
jacob_c84 wrote:Sent my Application in 11/05. Just yesterday it went complete-not sure whats up with that. Who knows how long it will be until they decide to review it.

159/3.6
Carlisle
No Extra Essay
Applied to Pitt (got a fee waiver from Villanova, but I'm not going to Apply)
Where do you want to work?
The schools are regional so, unless I happen to do amazing in law school, I'm sure I'll be working in fairly close vicinity to whatever school I go to.
Right, that's why I asked (unless you truly have no preference).

balzern

Bronze

Post by balzern » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:41 pm

Has anyone else been UR for a really long time 11/2......

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Spinozist21

Silver

Post by Spinozist21 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:42 pm

balzern wrote:Has anyone else been UR for a really long time 11/2......
Dont bring that up...Barbie has been UR for longer and she might become saddened! :D

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:46 pm

Spinozist21 wrote:
Dont bring that up...Barbie has been UR for longer and she might become saddened! :D
Oh, you mean because I've been UR for over 2 months and have above 75th percentile #s? :evil: :cry:

Spinozist21

Silver

Post by Spinozist21 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:46 pm

Barbie wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:
Oh, you mean because I've been UR for over 2 months and have above 75th percentile #s? :evil: :cry:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep...that'd be why.

NJcollegestudent

Bronze

Post by NJcollegestudent » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:48 pm

Barbie wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:

Maybe they are putting together a full ride scholarship for you? Have you called them and asked? My online status checker says a decision may not be made until May.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Spinozist21

Silver

Post by Spinozist21 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:50 pm

NJcollegestudent wrote:
Barbie wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:

Maybe they are putting together a full ride scholarship for you? Have you called them and asked? My online status checker says a decision may not be made until May.
I told her that...but she doesn't believe me...hell, I am not sure that I would believe me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

balzern

Bronze

Post by balzern » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:07 pm

When I called a few days ago they said 4-6 weeks. I haven't been held for this long at any other schools....strange.

haleydee

New

Post by haleydee » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:09 pm

balzern wrote:When I called a few days ago they said 4-6 weeks. I haven't been held for this long at any other schools....strange.
ive been under review since 11/2 too

balzern

Bronze

Post by balzern » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:19 pm

yeah I just wish I could know yes or no - right now I just want an answer lol.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

swilson215

Silver

Post by swilson215 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:34 pm

haleydee wrote:
balzern wrote:When I called a few days ago they said 4-6 weeks. I haven't been held for this long at any other schools....strange.
ive been under review since 11/2 too
+1. I've been under review since 11/3, I think.

ran12

Silver

Post by ran12 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:05 pm

Barbie wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:
It's prob b/c you're not from the northeast so they're wondering why you would want to attend. They're holding off to see if there's applicants who they think will def attend before giving you a decision.

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:11 pm

ran12 wrote: It's prob b/c you're not from the northeast so they're wondering why you would want to attend. They're holding off to see if there's applicants who they think will def attend before giving you a decision.
I think I mentioned in my app that not only was I born in Milwaukee, I once lived in Pittsburgh, have family there, and my boyfriend's (long term- 4years, and hes coming with me where I go) entire family lives there. I think they might just think I suck haha.

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:12 pm

Barbie wrote:
ran12 wrote: It's prob b/c you're not from the northeast so they're wondering why you would want to attend. They're holding off to see if there's applicants who they think will def attend before giving you a decision.
I think I mentioned in my app that not only was I born in Milwaukee, I once lived in Pittsburgh, have family there, and my boyfriend's (long term- 4years, and hes coming with me where I go) entire family lives there. I think they might just think I suck haha.
Quite frankly, it's their loss. Didn't you get into UF?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:13 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
Barbie wrote:
Yes :) Happy about that! I'm not going to cry if PSU doesn't accept me, but it does bum me out a bit.

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:14 pm

Barbie wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
Barbie wrote:
Yes :) Happy about that! I'm not going to cry if PSU doesn't accept me, but it does bum me out a bit.
If they don't let you in, you can always denounce them as Penn STTTaTTTe, and head down South to a superior school in a much better climate.

balzern

Bronze

Post by balzern » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:27 pm

week 5 of going to review. According to the admissions rep. they want to send out a batch of decisions by winter break and their timeline for applications is 4-6 weeks upon receiving them. hmmmm.

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:35 pm

balzern wrote:week 5 of going to review. According to the admissions rep. they want to send out a batch of decisions by winter break and their timeline for applications is 4-6 weeks upon receiving them. hmmmm.
I'm in approximately week 7 or 8 :) Hello friend.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

balzern

Bronze

Post by balzern » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:56 pm

Barbie wrote:
balzern wrote:week 5 of going to review. According to the admissions rep. they want to send out a batch of decisions by winter break and their timeline for applications is 4-6 weeks upon receiving them. hmmmm.

hahaha lets hope that they were serious about that winter break statement!

Spinozist21

Silver

Post by Spinozist21 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:58 pm

balzern wrote:
Barbie wrote:

hahaha lets hope that they were serious about that winter break statement!
I am afraid I might not hear from a school other than Pitt and WL until after Winter Break NEXT year. :lol:

balzern

Bronze

Post by balzern » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:06 pm

W&L's turn around time was super impressive. Went complete 11/23 and heard a decision December 2nd. Common PSU pick up the slack...

Spinozist21

Silver

Post by Spinozist21 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:08 pm

balzern wrote:W&L's turn around time was super impressive. Went complete 11/23 and heard a decision December 2nd. Common PSU pick up the slack...
Didn't you get into W&L?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”