University of Arizona

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Burgstaller04
Posts: 628
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: University of Arizona

Postby Burgstaller04 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:09 pm

I guess they liked my reason for applying. In this morning via status checker.

buchy2009
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:23 pm

Re: University of Arizona

Postby buchy2009 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:19 pm

Burgstaller04 wrote:I guess they liked my reason for applying. In this morning via status checker.


+1 Hooray!

User avatar
sabenser
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:37 am

Re: University of Arizona

Postby sabenser » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:20 pm

buchy2009 wrote:
Burgstaller04 wrote:I guess they liked my reason for applying. In this morning via status checker.


+1 Hooray!


Oh man, you got my hopes up but I'm still In Review 18 Jan.

juliachild-ish
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: University of Arizona

Postby juliachild-ish » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:19 pm

ColomboHeat wrote:I would assume no golden ticket, just because it seems that ASU sent out scholarship details with the initial packets :|


I got my binder in the mail today, also no mention of money. I mean, not to toot my own horn, but I feel like if they were going to give anyone good money upfront, I would have qualified. I hope there's a substantial offer waiting to be mailed, or else I'll probably just withdraw.

gummy19vp
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:21 pm

Re: University of Arizona

Postby gummy19vp » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:29 pm

In via status checker

sab0tage
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:10 am

Re: University of Arizona

Postby sab0tage » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:37 pm

juliachild-ish wrote:
ColomboHeat wrote:I would assume no golden ticket, just because it seems that ASU sent out scholarship details with the initial packets :|


I got my binder in the mail today, also no mention of money. I mean, not to toot my own horn, but I feel like if they were going to give anyone good money upfront, I would have qualified. I hope there's a substantial offer waiting to be mailed, or else I'll probably just withdraw.


With that LSAT/GPA why don't you just withdraw now and save some money for the rest of us!

buchy2009
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:23 pm

Re: University of Arizona

Postby buchy2009 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:44 pm

istara wrote:Got a binder through USPS this afternoon (in Tucson). No mention of scholarship $$ in mine..


How long did it take to get your binder after you got accepted?

sab0tage
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:10 am

Re: University of Arizona

Postby sab0tage » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:07 pm

I think they put the mailing out the same day or the day after I got notified via status checker. I got mine like 4 business days afterward, but I live in phoenix.

ColomboHeat
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: University of Arizona

Postby ColomboHeat » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:09 pm

sab0tage wrote:I think they put the mailing out the same day or the day after I got notified via status checker. I got mine like 4 business days afterward, but I live in phoenix.


x2

buchy2009
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:23 pm

Re: University of Arizona

Postby buchy2009 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:11 pm

ColomboHeat wrote:
sab0tage wrote:I think they put the mailing out the same day or the day after I got notified via status checker. I got mine like 4 business days afterward, but I live in phoenix.


x2


Great, thanks for the info!

juliachild-ish
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: University of Arizona

Postby juliachild-ish » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:21 pm

sab0tage wrote:
juliachild-ish wrote:
ColomboHeat wrote:I would assume no golden ticket, just because it seems that ASU sent out scholarship details with the initial packets :|


I got my binder in the mail today, also no mention of money. I mean, not to toot my own horn, but I feel like if they were going to give anyone good money upfront, I would have qualified. I hope there's a substantial offer waiting to be mailed, or else I'll probably just withdraw.


With that LSAT/GPA why don't you just withdraw now and save some money for the rest of us!


Honestly, I probably will withdraw pretty soon, although I am curious to see what kind of money they might offer me. I do really love Arizona, and it will be sad to leave my home state again. I'll make sure to withdraw early enough that even if I do get money, they'll have plenty of time to re-allocate it to someone else!

Aldenita
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:47 pm

Re: University of Arizona

Postby Aldenita » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:56 pm

.

buchy2009
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:23 pm

Re: University of Arizona

Postby buchy2009 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:58 pm

Aldenita wrote:.


I agree.

User avatar
usuallyjustlurks
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:32 pm

Re: University of Arizona

Postby usuallyjustlurks » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:45 pm

I live in Tucson and it took me 5-6 days to get my binder. I went to an admissions info session last year and they mentioned the "why Arizona" emails: they seem to do this to a fairly large portion of applicants each year who are promising, but don't have obvious reasons to attend Rogers (or did not mention reasons in their essay).

Also, I looked at the UA thread last year and I remember people saying a lot of $ offers come a bit later.

Anyone hear anything about deposit deadlines or admitted students days yet? I was surprised this info was not in the binder...

Good luck, everyone!

User avatar
istara
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:05 pm

Re: University of Arizona

Postby istara » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:58 pm

You can go on to their site: http://www.law.arizona.edu/Admissions/forum/login.cfm

And follow the "To register to use the website click here" bit. I'm surprised they didn't seem to link this in the binder. If you put in your information you should get an email the next day or so letting you log in. It has a calendar and deadline list, etc.

Edit: Now that I've said that, I can't seem to log back in myself. I'd be willing to guess that they don't have all the kinks worked out yet.

User avatar
usuallyjustlurks
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:32 pm

Re: University of Arizona

Postby usuallyjustlurks » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:01 pm

istara wrote:You can go on to their site: http://www.law.arizona.edu/Admissions/forum/login.cfm

And follow the "To register to use the website click here" bit. I'm surprised they didn't seem to link this in the binder. If you put in your information you should get an email the next day or so letting you log in. It has a calendar and deadline list, etc.

Edit: Now that I've said that, I can't seem to log back in myself. I'd be willing to guess that they don't have all the kinks worked out yet.


Yeah, I assumed there would be info and/or a link in the binder and was half expecting an email or something on the status checker to pop up with login info. Thanks for clarifying! :)

User avatar
jarv1506
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:11 pm

Re: University of Arizona

Postby jarv1506 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:08 pm

In today via status checker :D

User avatar
byronmullens
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:09 pm

Re: University of Arizona

Postby byronmullens » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:09 pm

jarv1506 wrote:In today via status checker :D

+1

mala2
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:39 am

Re: University of Arizona

Postby mala2 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:22 am

................
Last edited by mala2 on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Veyron
Posts: 3598
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:50 am

Re: University of Arizona

Postby Veyron » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:30 am

mala2 wrote:Does anyone know how they do scholarships? Is it LSAT scores or need based? when do we find out? Anyone know from last year?


Mostly/entirely LSAT and GPA IRL.

There is some sort of chart out there about what #'s gets what.

mala2
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:39 am

Re: University of Arizona

Postby mala2 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:31 am

Veyron wrote:
mala2 wrote:Does anyone know how they do scholarships? Is it LSAT scores or need based? when do we find out? Anyone know from last year?


Mostly/entirely LSAT and GPA IRL.

There is some sort of chart out there about what #'s gets what.


thanks, I can't find the chart, anyone know where it is?

User avatar
Veyron
Posts: 3598
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:50 am

Re: University of Arizona

Postby Veyron » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:38 am

mala2 wrote:
Veyron wrote:
mala2 wrote:Does anyone know how they do scholarships? Is it LSAT scores or need based? when do we find out? Anyone know from last year?


Mostly/entirely LSAT and GPA IRL.

There is some sort of chart out there about what #'s gets what.


thanks, I can't find the chart, anyone know where it is?


No idea, I just googled it. On second thought, I think it only tells you who got a full ride.

mala2
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:39 am

Re: University of Arizona

Postby mala2 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:07 pm

stats.php

Is this what you're talking about? this can gives us a good idea of what to expect I think:)
Last edited by mala2 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mala2
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:39 am

Re: University of Arizona

Postby mala2 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:13 pm

stats.php?school=u-of-arizona


sorry there's the link for u of a. How do we input our data to update the chart?

User avatar
Veyron
Posts: 3598
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:50 am

Re: University of Arizona

Postby Veyron » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:26 pm

Neither. This is about money and is not interactive, just gives GPA LSAT combos.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”