University of Arizona Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Burgstaller04

Silver

Re: University of Arizona

Post by Burgstaller04 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:09 pm

I guess they liked my reason for applying. In this morning via status checker.

buchy2009

Bronze

Post by buchy2009 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:19 pm

Burgstaller04 wrote:I guess they liked my reason for applying. In this morning via status checker.
+1 Hooray!

sabenser

Bronze

Post by sabenser » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:20 pm

buchy2009 wrote:
Burgstaller04 wrote:I guess they liked my reason for applying. In this morning via status checker.
+1 Hooray!
Oh man, you got my hopes up but I'm still In Review 18 Jan.

juliachild-ish

Bronze

Post by juliachild-ish » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:19 pm

ColomboHeat wrote:I would assume no golden ticket, just because it seems that ASU sent out scholarship details with the initial packets :|
I got my binder in the mail today, also no mention of money. I mean, not to toot my own horn, but I feel like if they were going to give anyone good money upfront, I would have qualified. I hope there's a substantial offer waiting to be mailed, or else I'll probably just withdraw.

gummy19vp

New

Post by gummy19vp » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:29 pm

In via status checker

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sab0tage

New

Post by sab0tage » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:37 pm

juliachild-ish wrote:
ColomboHeat wrote:I would assume no golden ticket, just because it seems that ASU sent out scholarship details with the initial packets :|
I got my binder in the mail today, also no mention of money. I mean, not to toot my own horn, but I feel like if they were going to give anyone good money upfront, I would have qualified. I hope there's a substantial offer waiting to be mailed, or else I'll probably just withdraw.
With that LSAT/GPA why don't you just withdraw now and save some money for the rest of us!

buchy2009

Bronze

Post by buchy2009 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:44 pm

istara wrote:Got a binder through USPS this afternoon (in Tucson). No mention of scholarship $$ in mine..
How long did it take to get your binder after you got accepted?

sab0tage

New

Post by sab0tage » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:07 pm

I think they put the mailing out the same day or the day after I got notified via status checker. I got mine like 4 business days afterward, but I live in phoenix.

ColomboHeat

New

Post by ColomboHeat » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:09 pm

sab0tage wrote:I think they put the mailing out the same day or the day after I got notified via status checker. I got mine like 4 business days afterward, but I live in phoenix.
x2

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

buchy2009

Bronze

Post by buchy2009 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:11 pm

ColomboHeat wrote:
sab0tage wrote:I think they put the mailing out the same day or the day after I got notified via status checker. I got mine like 4 business days afterward, but I live in phoenix.
x2
Great, thanks for the info!

juliachild-ish

Bronze

Post by juliachild-ish » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:21 pm

sab0tage wrote:
juliachild-ish wrote:
With that LSAT/GPA why don't you just withdraw now and save some money for the rest of us!
Honestly, I probably will withdraw pretty soon, although I am curious to see what kind of money they might offer me. I do really love Arizona, and it will be sad to leave my home state again. I'll make sure to withdraw early enough that even if I do get money, they'll have plenty of time to re-allocate it to someone else!

Aldenita

New

Post by Aldenita » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:56 pm

buchy2009

Bronze

Post by buchy2009 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:58 pm

Aldenita wrote:.
I agree.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

usuallyjustlurks

New

Post by usuallyjustlurks » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:45 pm

I live in Tucson and it took me 5-6 days to get my binder. I went to an admissions info session last year and they mentioned the "why Arizona" emails: they seem to do this to a fairly large portion of applicants each year who are promising, but don't have obvious reasons to attend Rogers (or did not mention reasons in their essay).

Also, I looked at the UA thread last year and I remember people saying a lot of $ offers come a bit later.

Anyone hear anything about deposit deadlines or admitted students days yet? I was surprised this info was not in the binder...

Good luck, everyone!

istara

Bronze

Post by istara » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:58 pm

You can go on to their site: http://www.law.arizona.edu/Admissions/forum/login.cfm

And follow the "To register to use the website click here" bit. I'm surprised they didn't seem to link this in the binder. If you put in your information you should get an email the next day or so letting you log in. It has a calendar and deadline list, etc.

Edit: Now that I've said that, I can't seem to log back in myself. I'd be willing to guess that they don't have all the kinks worked out yet.

usuallyjustlurks

New

Post by usuallyjustlurks » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:01 pm

istara wrote:You can go on to their site: http://www.law.arizona.edu/Admissions/forum/login.cfm

And follow the "To register to use the website click here" bit. I'm surprised they didn't seem to link this in the binder. If you put in your information you should get an email the next day or so letting you log in. It has a calendar and deadline list, etc.

Edit: Now that I've said that, I can't seem to log back in myself. I'd be willing to guess that they don't have all the kinks worked out yet.
Yeah, I assumed there would be info and/or a link in the binder and was half expecting an email or something on the status checker to pop up with login info. Thanks for clarifying! :)

jarv1506

New

Post by jarv1506 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:08 pm

In today via status checker :D

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

byronmullens

New

Post by byronmullens » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:09 pm

jarv1506 wrote:In today via status checker :D
+1

mala2

Bronze

Post by mala2 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:22 am

Last edited by mala2 on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Veyron

Gold

Post by Veyron » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:30 am

mala2 wrote:Does anyone know how they do scholarships? Is it LSAT scores or need based? when do we find out? Anyone know from last year?
Mostly/entirely LSAT and GPA IRL.

There is some sort of chart out there about what #'s gets what.

mala2

Bronze

Post by mala2 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:31 am

Veyron wrote:
mala2 wrote:Does anyone know how they do scholarships? Is it LSAT scores or need based? when do we find out? Anyone know from last year?

thanks, I can't find the chart, anyone know where it is?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Veyron

Gold

Post by Veyron » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:38 am

mala2 wrote:
Veyron wrote:

thanks, I can't find the chart, anyone know where it is?
No idea, I just googled it. On second thought, I think it only tells you who got a full ride.

mala2

Bronze

Post by mala2 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:07 pm

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/stats.php

Is this what you're talking about? this can gives us a good idea of what to expect I think:)
Last edited by mala2 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mala2

Bronze

Post by mala2 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:13 pm

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/s ... of-arizona

sorry there's the link for u of a. How do we input our data to update the chart?

Veyron

Gold

Post by Veyron » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:26 pm

Neither. This is about money and is not interactive, just gives GPA LSAT combos.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”