UConn Applicants 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ktaraq
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:49 pm

Re: UConn Applicants 2011

Postby ktaraq » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:33 pm

lol woops. uconn is not one of my top schools and so quickly did the application. i realized that i kept the header stating "personal statement" on the essay question, but tweaked the essay to answer the why law question. also, i tailored all the other questions on the app for uconn. 163/3.6 --> auto ding???

User avatar
Kelmees
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:26 pm

Re: UConn Applicants 2011

Postby Kelmees » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:39 pm

I applied and received an acceptance email last week (Yay Me! :mrgreen: ). This is also my first choice, however, I am waiting to hear from some other schools and weigh scholarship offers before I make an official decision.

TurkeyDay
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:20 pm

Re: UConn Applicants 2011

Postby TurkeyDay » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:41 pm

Kelmees wrote:I applied and received an acceptance email last week (Yay Me! :mrgreen: ). This is also my first choice, however, I am waiting to hear from some other schools and weigh scholarship offers before I make an official decision.


Awesome! What were your numbers and your complete date?

User avatar
Kelmees
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:26 pm

Re: UConn Applicants 2011

Postby Kelmees » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:45 pm

TurkeyDay wrote:
Kelmees wrote:I applied and received an acceptance email last week (Yay Me! :mrgreen: ). This is also my first choice, however, I am waiting to hear from some other schools and weigh scholarship offers before I make an official decision.


Awesome! What were your numbers and your complete date?

Thanks! 8) 158/3.7/URM
App sent 10/26...went complete 10/27...got acceptance email 01/06

ran12
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: UConn Applicants 2011

Postby ran12 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:31 pm

Kelmees wrote:
TurkeyDay wrote:
Kelmees wrote:I applied and received an acceptance email last week (Yay Me! :mrgreen: ). This is also my first choice, however, I am waiting to hear from some other schools and weigh scholarship offers before I make an official decision.


Awesome! What were your numbers and your complete date?

Thanks! 8) 158/3.7/URM
App sent 10/26...went complete 10/27...got acceptance email 01/06


I don't understand why you got a decision already and I haven't. I have better numbers and applied/complete earlier. Do you have some sort of connection to UConn?

Stitch85
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:24 pm

Re: UConn Applicants 2011

Postby Stitch85 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:37 pm

[/quote]I don't understand why you got a decision already and I haven't. I have better numbers and applied/complete earlier. Do you have some sort of connection to UConn?[/quote]



Same here, but there have been others. Maybe certain committee members have been more active than others?

nj05nets
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:17 pm

Re: UConn Applicants 2011

Postby nj05nets » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:45 am

anyone hear about scholarships? in the past they came by snail mail a few weeks after being accepted, but on LSN someone has apparently received one through email already.

LSATclincher
Posts: 476
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:09 pm

Re: UConn Applicants 2011

Postby LSATclincher » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:16 am

ran12 wrote:
Kelmees wrote:
TurkeyDay wrote:
Kelmees wrote:I applied and received an acceptance email last week (Yay Me! :mrgreen: ). This is also my first choice, however, I am waiting to hear from some other schools and weigh scholarship offers before I make an official decision.


Awesome! What were your numbers and your complete date?

Thanks! 8) 158/3.7/URM
App sent 10/26...went complete 10/27...got acceptance email 01/06


I don't understand why you got a decision already and I haven't. I have better numbers and applied/complete earlier. Do you have some sort of connection to UConn?


URM

taylor247
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:27 am

Re: UConn Applicants 2011

Postby taylor247 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:54 pm

Just applied a few days ago! Hopefully not too late with a 3.58 and a 167...

flgator10
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: UConn Applicants 2011

Postby flgator10 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:55 pm

I just applied too. Had to wait for my December LSAT score.

taylor247
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:27 am

Re: UConn Applicants 2011

Postby taylor247 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:59 pm

At least our wait won't be too long :wink:

admitmoi
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:33 am

Re: UConn Applicants 2011

Postby admitmoi » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:36 pm

I think they read in chrono order but not actually following day by day, hour by hour aging. It sounded like they grab a piece of the oldest pool and as they are given out to be reviewed some may be read at different times. I was told not not to read anything into this other than that they have a lot of applications and try as hard as they can to get to the older ones first. At least they have started sending decisions.

User avatar
rockyIV
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:12 am

Re: UConn Applicants 2011

Postby rockyIV » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:48 pm

My file sat at complete from 11/18 to today, 1/18, and is now under review

sergissimo
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: UConn Applicants 2011

Postby sergissimo » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:30 pm

I spoke with someone at admissions last week and I was told that my "batch" would be in with adcom no later than the last week of January. I went complete late November.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: UConn Applicants 2011

Postby Barbie » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:43 pm

In via email. No mention of $ or a $ timeline.

jaydizzle
Posts: 722
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: UConn Applicants 2011

Postby jaydizzle » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:46 pm

Barbie wrote:In via email. No mention of $ or a $ timeline.


Congrats Barbie! This is my number 1 choice as I am in-state. When did you go complete and what time today did you hear by email?

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: UConn Applicants 2011

Postby Barbie » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:48 pm

jaydizzle wrote:
Barbie wrote:In via email. No mention of $ or a $ timeline.


Congrats Barbie! This is my number 1 choice as I am in-state. When did you go complete and what time today did you hear by email?


Just came in a few minutes ago. Went complete a long, long time ago haha

User avatar
snapdragon
Posts: 766
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:34 am

Re: UConn Applicants 2011

Postby snapdragon » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:48 pm

Congrats Barbie!

I am thinking that as a complete 11/30, I will still have a looooong wait... I know Barbie got all her apps in super early!

ran12
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: UConn Applicants 2011

Postby ran12 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:51 pm

Got in too.

agoldst426
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 7:16 pm

Re: UConn Applicants 2011

Postby agoldst426 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:58 pm

In as well! UConn is definitely one of my top choices since I would get in-state tuition.. but the e-mail mentioned nothing about scholarships.. anyone know if that means I didn't get any $$ or if it will come later>

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: UConn Applicants 2011

Postby Barbie » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:58 pm

agoldst426 wrote:In as well! UConn is definitely one of my top choices since I would get in-state tuition.. but the e-mail mentioned nothing about scholarships.. anyone know if that means I didn't get any $$ or if it will come later>


It didn't mention anything in mine either and I prob won't consider UConn without it so I hope it doesn't mean that haha

ran12
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: UConn Applicants 2011

Postby ran12 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:59 pm

People who got in earlier said their scholarships came a few days after they were accepted.

jaydizzle
Posts: 722
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: UConn Applicants 2011

Postby jaydizzle » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:01 pm

When did you expected peeps go complete? I sent in my app before Thanksgiving and was complete 11/22. Did you guys go in review before going complete?

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: UConn Applicants 2011

Postby Barbie » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:03 pm

jaydizzle wrote:When did you expected peeps go complete? I sent in my app before Thanksgiving and was complete 11/22. Did you guys go in review before going complete?


I've been under review since like, October.

ran12
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: UConn Applicants 2011

Postby ran12 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:05 pm

Barbie wrote:
jaydizzle wrote:When did you expected peeps go complete? I sent in my app before Thanksgiving and was complete 11/22. Did you guys go in review before going complete?


I've been under review since like, October.


Same




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”