Michigan Summer Start Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dorriedoodle

New

Michigan Summer Start

Post by dorriedoodle » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:04 pm

Anyone know how the admissions committee chooses summer start versus fall start for non-ED applicants? I've tried to find the answer to this and I'm still in the dark.

Aqualibrium

Gold

Re: Michigan Summer Start

Post by Aqualibrium » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:20 pm

Why would you make two topics, 20 mins apart, about the same thing?

P.S. It's based on gpa and lsat, this isn't some big mystery.

Also, why are you even asking this question? Your profile says you got in already? Im just so confused....
Last edited by Aqualibrium on Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

arism87

Silver

Post by arism87 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:06 pm

OP I don't know the answer but I think it's a valid question. I don't think it's LSAT and gpa though.

tea_drinker

Silver

Post by tea_drinker » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:33 pm

I think they do base on GPA and LSAT. My guess is they look at all deferred students, ED applicant pool, and all available RDs to form a balance group of summer starters since deferred students and ED applicants can be very lopsided in terms of LSAT and GPA.

arism87

Silver

Post by arism87 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:50 pm

tea_drinker wrote:I think they do base on GPA and LSAT. My guess is they look at all deferred students, ED applicant pool, and all available RDs to form a balance group of summer starters since deferred students and ED applicants can be very lopsided in terms of LSAT and GPA.
Yeah perhaps.. I wonder how many RD applicants put that they are interested in a summer start. Interesting.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

AreJay711

Gold

Post by AreJay711 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:53 pm

Aqualibrium wrote:Why would you make two topics, 20 mins apart, about the same thing?

P.S. It's based on gpa and lsat, this isn't some big mystery.

Also, why are you even asking this question? Your profile says you got in already? Im just so confused....
Wait, what is the numbers difference between summer start and fall start acceptances?

dorriedoodle

New

Post by dorriedoodle » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:05 pm

AreJay, I did two topics because I had just opened my letter from one of my favorite schools, and was trying to figure out what it meant. I have searched and searched and no one has given me an answer.

Summer start is described as just one of the four sections of 90 students that Michigan has. But I was wondering how students (aka me) are chosen for Summer Start, or if there is a stigma around it.

RIPmitchhedberg

New

Post by RIPmitchhedberg » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:30 am

I applied RD, but added an addendum asking to be admitted for Summer. And I was. You're scared of SS being low-numbered kids? Haha I don't really know or care, but I'm glad to be in for summer.

Also, on the admitted students page it says its nearly impossible to switch from summer to fall start (it doesn't mention the other way around), but at least it describes summer start as a hot commodity.

Entchen

Silver

Post by Entchen » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:09 am

RIPmitchhedberg wrote:I applied RD, but added an addendum asking to be admitted for Summer. And I was. You're scared of SS being low-numbered kids? Haha I don't really know or care, but I'm glad to be in for summer.

Also, on the admitted students page it says its nearly impossible to switch from summer to fall start (it doesn't mention the other way around), but at least it describes summer start as a hot commodity.
I too applied RD but requested Summer Start. No word yet, though :(

As far as I have heard, there is no numbers difference between fall and summer -- I would guess they would want a good balance in each.

(Hi Dean Z. I <3 you. Please let me in)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

arism87

Silver

Post by arism87 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:14 pm

dorriedoodle

New

Post by dorriedoodle » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:30 pm

awesome!! thanks for posting that!

arism87

Silver

Post by arism87 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:07 pm

dorriedoodle wrote:awesome!! thanks for posting that!
NP, someone posted it in the admissions thread and I remembered this one :) Enjoy Michigan next summer! Jealous!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”