Illinois 2011 applicants!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby krad » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:44 pm

jayman6 wrote:
Flips88 wrote:
jayman6 wrote:
Flips88 wrote:Is it best to send an LOCI via email or snail mail or both?


A few days after I was placed on the waitlist, Dean Pless emailed me and he said if I had further relevant information to provide I could email it to the admissions office. I don't think a hard copy sent through snail mail is necessary.


As a small aside into how dumb some people are...when I worked as a clerk at a law firm, this one firm from California would communicate with our lawyers via email and then for no apparent reason would FAX us the emails. It was one of the dumbest things I'd ever seen.


Dude, it makes him feel important. haha That realy does sound stupid though.


It's like the person in your office that sends you an email then runs to your desk to chat about if before you've even received it... wannabeVIPfail.

User avatar
OfficialWheelman
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:23 pm

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby OfficialWheelman » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:59 pm

:roll:
Last edited by OfficialWheelman on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby Hannibal » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:54 pm

I kind of want every other school I applied to to ding me so I can know I'm going to Illinois already.

User avatar
lilliea
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:46 am

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby lilliea » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:10 pm

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but does anyone know where I can find more info about the WL at Illinois? Its where I ended up today (161/3.95) and I wanted to research more about it, but I can't for the life of me figure out their new website. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby krad » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:16 pm

Hannibal wrote:I kind of want every other school I applied to to ding me so I can know I'm going to Illinois already.


I can dig this.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby Barbie » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:25 pm

Hi guys!!!! my law school tour was great. Ive been sick to my stomach so I didnt sit in on the class but I met some very nice people and the building is so cute and has everything you could want. I didnt take pics yet but im going back tomorrow.. Have a million pics of.the city and campus I will post when I get home though :)

User avatar
samfii
Posts: 190
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:09 pm

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby samfii » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:29 pm

Barbie wrote:Hi guys!!!! my law school tour was great. Ive been sick to my stomach so I didnt sit in on the class but I met some very nice people and the building is so cute and has everything you could want. I didnt take pics yet but im going back tomorrow.. Have a million pics of.the city and campus I will post when I get home though :)


I'm excited to see the pics!!!!!!!

p.s. I've neglected this thread lately because I've been flip flopping between UIUC and another school but now I'm leaning back here, so I'm gonna butt into your guys' conversation now :P hope it's okay with you guys

User avatar
Kinderby
Posts: 426
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby Kinderby » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:59 pm

samfii wrote:p.s. I've neglected this thread lately because I've been flip flopping between UIUC and another school but now I'm leaning back here, so I'm gonna butt into your guys' conversation now :P hope it's okay with you guys

Depends on what the other school is. :) Just kidding, I'm hanging around this thread pretending I have a sliver of hope at admittance, when really, I know I just have one week 'til rejection.

User avatar
samfii
Posts: 190
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:09 pm

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby samfii » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:26 pm

Kinderby wrote:
samfii wrote:p.s. I've neglected this thread lately because I've been flip flopping between UIUC and another school but now I'm leaning back here, so I'm gonna butt into your guys' conversation now :P hope it's okay with you guys

Depends on what the other school is. :) Just kidding, I'm hanging around this thread pretending I have a sliver of hope at admittance, when really, I know I just have one week 'til rejection.


Haha well it just so happens to be one of the schools you applied to, but thanks for the sass :P
Don't be so quick to assume a rejection, from what I've observed, UIUC is really quite holistic when it comes to admissions. My stats were pretty low but I come from a good UG and have great softs.

The more I lurk the Illinois threads the more I feel like it's the right place for me

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby Hannibal » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:27 pm

samfii wrote:
Barbie wrote:Hi guys!!!! my law school tour was great. Ive been sick to my stomach so I didnt sit in on the class but I met some very nice people and the building is so cute and has everything you could want. I didnt take pics yet but im going back tomorrow.. Have a million pics of.the city and campus I will post when I get home though :)


I'm excited to see the pics!!!!!!!

p.s. I've neglected this thread lately because I've been flip flopping between UIUC and another school but now I'm leaning back here, so I'm gonna butt into your guys' conversation now :P hope it's okay with you guys


Clearly this is thanks to my influence.

/flexes

User avatar
samfii
Posts: 190
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:09 pm

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby samfii » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:37 pm

Hannibal wrote:
samfii wrote:
Barbie wrote:Hi guys!!!! my law school tour was great. Ive been sick to my stomach so I didnt sit in on the class but I met some very nice people and the building is so cute and has everything you could want. I didnt take pics yet but im going back tomorrow.. Have a million pics of.the city and campus I will post when I get home though :)


I'm excited to see the pics!!!!!!!

p.s. I've neglected this thread lately because I've been flip flopping between UIUC and another school but now I'm leaning back here, so I'm gonna butt into your guys' conversation now :P hope it's okay with you guys


Clearly this is thanks to my influence.

/flexes


hahaha Hannibal I hate to admit it but after our little late night chat I could not sleep for the life of me because I was just contemplating everything and I realized you were probably right... you brought me over to the other side!! haha

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby Hannibal » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:42 pm

samfii wrote:
Hannibal wrote:
samfii wrote:
Barbie wrote:Hi guys!!!! my law school tour was great. Ive been sick to my stomach so I didnt sit in on the class but I met some very nice people and the building is so cute and has everything you could want. I didnt take pics yet but im going back tomorrow.. Have a million pics of.the city and campus I will post when I get home though :)


I'm excited to see the pics!!!!!!!

p.s. I've neglected this thread lately because I've been flip flopping between UIUC and another school but now I'm leaning back here, so I'm gonna butt into your guys' conversation now :P hope it's okay with you guys


Clearly this is thanks to my influence.

/flexes


hahaha Hannibal I hate to admit it but after our little late night chat I could not sleep for the life of me because I was just contemplating everything and I realized you were probably right... you brought me over to the other side!! haha


Oh god why did you say that. Now if you end up at the top 30% at UIUC I will feel like a douchebag. But that'll last like two seconds since you'll have a shot at biglaw and it'll be replaced by jealous rage.

User avatar
anthropologieaddict
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 8:17 pm

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby anthropologieaddict » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:38 am

samfii wrote:
Barbie wrote:Hi guys!!!! my law school tour was great. Ive been sick to my stomach so I didnt sit in on the class but I met some very nice people and the building is so cute and has everything you could want. I didnt take pics yet but im going back tomorrow.. Have a million pics of.the city and campus I will post when I get home though :)


I'm excited to see the pics!!!!!!!

p.s. I've neglected this thread lately because I've been flip flopping between UIUC and another school but now I'm leaning back here, so I'm gonna butt into your guys' conversation now :P hope it's okay with you guys


Welcome back! :)

mybrain
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:57 pm

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby mybrain » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:56 am

I completely forgot to apply to this school.
Do you think it's too late to send application now?
any chance to get some $$ with admission?
both of my numbers are over medians..+ lots of soft.

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13284
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby JenDarby » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:08 am

mybrain wrote:I completely forgot to apply to this school.
Do you think it's too late to send application now?
any chance to get some $$ with admission?
both of my numbers are over medians..+ lots of soft.

I think chances of admission are still good, and money is still possible, depending how high above medians of course. Either way, there's no app fee, so for $12, might as well.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby Barbie » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:45 am

I hope I can keep my promise about getting pictures tomorrow! I just woke up sick as can be again :( Maybe my stomach doesn't agree with food here :(

User avatar
samfii
Posts: 190
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:09 pm

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby samfii » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:19 am

Hannibal wrote:Oh god why did you say that. Now if you end up at the top 30% at UIUC I will feel like a douchebag. But that'll last like two seconds since you'll have a shot at biglaw and it'll be replaced by jealous rage.


hahahaha! don't worry Hannibal we can be friends and share notes and all of us TLS'ers can be the top 30%, good plan?

anthropologieaddict wrote:
samfii wrote:
Barbie wrote:Hi guys!!!! my law school tour was great. Ive been sick to my stomach so I didnt sit in on the class but I met some very nice people and the building is so cute and has everything you could want. I didnt take pics yet but im going back tomorrow.. Have a million pics of.the city and campus I will post when I get home though :)


I'm excited to see the pics!!!!!!!

p.s. I've neglected this thread lately because I've been flip flopping between UIUC and another school but now I'm leaning back here, so I'm gonna butt into your guys' conversation now :P hope it's okay with you guys


Welcome back! :)


Thanks!!!!! I'm excited to be back... and kind of nervous...
I watched Legally Blonde tonight and am now super stoked about law school again and am definitely scenting all my resume's :D

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby Arbiter213 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:11 pm

Finally got my shiny blue package with the ridiculously awesome flash drive. I'm very impressed. Is there a way to copy all the material off and make it 4gb without formatting it?

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby neonx » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:15 pm

Dude, Illinois showed WUSTL up with a better, sleeker flash drive. I also love the packaging! Glitzy.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby Barbie » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:15 pm

You guys are in for a big gift from Barbie. Be excited :) Expect it tomorrow night or Monday!

User avatar
samfii
Posts: 190
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:09 pm

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby samfii » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:38 pm

Barbie wrote:You guys are in for a big gift from Barbie. Be excited :) Expect it tomorrow night or Monday!


Wooooooo!!!!

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby Barbie » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:15 am

Image

Illinois sunrise <3

User avatar
samfii
Posts: 190
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:09 pm

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby samfii » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:56 pm

Barbie wrote:Image

Illinois sunrise <3


so pretty :)

User avatar
mez06
Posts: 349
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby mez06 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:33 pm

Barbie wrote:You guys are in for a big gift from Barbie. Be excited :) Expect it tomorrow night or Monday!


lol I've truthfully ONLY been checking this page for your pic and story update. I'm sure there's some great conversation going on and i'll hop back in once barbs posts her gift! :lol:

LaLeyDelMonte
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:57 pm

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby LaLeyDelMonte » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:07 pm

Anyone receive login info for the admitted students' site yet?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests