Illinois 2011 applicants!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby Bildungsroman » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:51 am

giddybiscuit wrote:I got my admission packet but no USB. Does it come separately?


Yes.

User avatar
Lwoods
Posts: 1484
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:27 am

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby Lwoods » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:51 am

Barbie, be safe on your drive! Sounds like it's a pretty nasty storm (currently headed my direction, ugh). Let us know when you've made it to UC.

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby CanadianWolf » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:52 am

@Arbiter123: What were you drinking ?

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby Arbiter213 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:59 am

CanadianWolf wrote:@Arbiter123: What were you drinking ?


Beer and whiskey. Highly recommended.

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby JJDancer » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:10 pm

Sandro777 wrote:I'm going to get waitlisted tomorrow. :( All the 167s on LSN that didnt have killer GPAs were WL.

I was worried seeing the yellow dots too but depending on GPA, some 167s could get in with $$. I think they just haven't begun accepting too many sub168s yet but they will have to, considering their medians.

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13522
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby Flips88 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:48 pm

a) anyone notice the new website layout?
b) are we expecting another round of admits tomorrow?

User avatar
Lwoods
Posts: 1484
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:27 am

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby Lwoods » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:52 pm

Flips88 wrote:a) anyone notice the new website layout?


Not until you mentioned it, but omg, it's a million times better!

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby JJDancer » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:07 pm

Lwoods wrote:
Flips88 wrote:a) anyone notice the new website layout?


Not until you mentioned it, but omg, it's a million times better!

Just checked it out. WAYYYYYY better!

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby neeko » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:08 pm

Tag

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby kk19131 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:16 pm

Scotch whiskey is the way to go.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby Barbie » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:18 pm

Here!! Too dark for pics yet. I don't know whats going on, and if its the cold weather to blame, but I have very sensitive skin and I am completely bright red. My entire face, hands, theighs, everything is bright red and kind of burning. Its weird. :( If this is how I react to cold weather it seems I will have to stay in my warm and humid Florida. I hope this goes away by morning since I'll be at the law school bright and early haha.

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby JJDancer » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:30 pm

Barbie wrote:Here!! Too dark for pics yet. I don't know whats going on, and if its the cold weather to blame, but I have very sensitive skin and I am completely bright red. My entire face, hands, theighs, everything is bright red and kind of burning. Its weird. :( If this is how I react to cold weather it seems I will have to stay in my warm and humid Florida. I hope this goes away by morning since I'll be at the law school bright and early haha.

Ouch!
Hope it gets better soon. Enjoy the visit.

*my ears get red/burning very easily in seriously cold weather. They tend to burn even more once I get inside and warm up. :(

User avatar
Kilpatrick
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:06 am

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby Kilpatrick » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:34 pm

Barbie, sorry you came on such a cold weekend! Hopefully you get used to it. Are you sitting in on any classes tomorrow?

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13284
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby JenDarby » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:39 pm

Barbie wrote:Here!! Too dark for pics yet. I don't know whats going on, and if its the cold weather to blame, but I have very sensitive skin and I am completely bright red. My entire face, hands, theighs, everything is bright red and kind of burning. Its weird. :( If this is how I react to cold weather it seems I will have to stay in my warm and humid Florida. I hope this goes away by morning since I'll be at the law school bright and early haha.

I'm sure your skin will adjust. Since I left Southern California and have been living in a colder places, my skin takes a while to fully adjust every winter. Have fun! Look forward to pictures, I don't think I will be able to visit.

User avatar
Lwoods
Posts: 1484
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:27 am

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby Lwoods » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:41 pm

Barbie wrote:Here!! Too dark for pics yet. I don't know whats going on, and if its the cold weather to blame, but I have very sensitive skin and I am completely bright red. My entire face, hands, theighs, everything is bright red and kind of burning. Its weird. :( If this is how I react to cold weather it seems I will have to stay in my warm and humid Florida. I hope this goes away by morning since I'll be at the law school bright and early haha.

Glad you survived the drive! It took me nearly an hour to drive 10 mile on my way home from work today. Hopefully yours was more pleasant.

Anyway, maybe your skin is dry? Happens a lot in cold weather, especially after bathing. If so, moisturize. ;)

Have fun tomorrow!

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby krad » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:53 pm

Barbie! Sorry to hear about the redness, but I'm goin to echo the others- cold and dry air vs. FL is intense (from this FL native in CO); I'm sure it's temporary.

Have fun tmrw!!!

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby Barbie » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:54 pm

Kilpatrick wrote:Barbie, sorry you came on such a cold weekend! Hopefully you get used to it. Are you sitting in on any classes tomorrow?


Yess! I'm excited. I wonder how long the class will be-- and if I'll be completely bored to tears not knowing anything they are talking about.

and I have a few pics on my phone I am trying to upload from the drive ... :D

User avatar
Kilpatrick
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:06 am

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby Kilpatrick » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:58 pm

Which class are you going to?

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby NancyBotwin » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:59 pm

JJDancer wrote:
Lwoods wrote:
Flips88 wrote:a) anyone notice the new website layout?


Not until you mentioned it, but omg, it's a million times better!

Just checked it out. WAYYYYYY better!

Oh, yes, that is way better. And my new student org (I started one) actually has a description on it now! :mrgreen:

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby Barbie » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:00 pm

Kilpatrick wrote:Which class are you going to?


Not sure. Its at ... 10:30 I believe. I'll be on campus starting at 9:30 though. You in it? :D

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby NancyBotwin » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:01 pm

Barbie wrote:
Kilpatrick wrote:Which class are you going to?


Not sure. Its at ... 10:30 I believe. I'll be on campus starting at 9:30 though. You in it? :D

There are quite a few classes at 10:30, including one of mine.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby Barbie » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:03 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
Barbie wrote:
Kilpatrick wrote:Which class are you going to?


Not sure. Its at ... 10:30 I believe. I'll be on campus starting at 9:30 though. You in it? :D

There are quite a few classes at 10:30, including one of mine.


Well if you see a random and confused blonde girl (wearing probably inappropriate shoes)-- thatttts me!

User avatar
anthropologieaddict
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 8:17 pm

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby anthropologieaddict » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:03 pm

JJDancer wrote:
Lwoods wrote:
Flips88 wrote:a) anyone notice the new website layout?


Not until you mentioned it, but omg, it's a million times better!

Just checked it out. WAYYYYYY better!


Has anyone received their logins for the admitted students part of the site yet?

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby NancyBotwin » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:04 pm

Barbie wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:
Barbie wrote:
Kilpatrick wrote:Which class are you going to?


Not sure. Its at ... 10:30 I believe. I'll be on campus starting at 9:30 though. You in it? :D

There are quite a few classes at 10:30, including one of mine.


Well if you see a random and confused blonde girl (wearing probably inappropriate shoes)-- thatttts me!

I would imagine they'd put you in a 1L class, and according to the schedule, the only 1L 10:30 class on Fridays is mine. So you'll either be in that, or some random upper level class, which wouldn't make much sense for a visit.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby Barbie » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:07 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:I would imagine they'd put you in a 1L class, and according to the schedule, the only 1L 10:30 class on Fridays is mine. So you'll either be in that, or some random upper level class, which wouldn't make much sense for a visit.


Probably. Say hi if you want :)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, GOODWORKSTE, Houzy, JazzyMac, proteinshake, The_Lorax and 12 guests