Illinois 2011 applicants!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Hannibal

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby Hannibal » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:31 pm

krad wrote:
JenDarby wrote:
krad wrote:L, if you, Barbie, and I end up at UIUC, I think we would all be good friends :)

Right now UIUC is my first choice, largely thanks to their generosity, be my friends too? :wink:

Duh twin!! :) It's topping my list so far...

E: This would be a fun group of ladies!

:cry:

OfficialWheelman

Postby OfficialWheelman » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:43 pm

Hannibal wrote:
krad wrote:
JenDarby wrote:
krad wrote:L, if you, Barbie, and I end up at UIUC, I think we would all be good friends :)

Right now UIUC is my first choice, largely thanks to their generosity, be my friends too? :wink:

I don't mean to make light of your sadness, but the Nathan Explosion avatar coupled with your crying face makes me chuckle.

We can always make a law school fraternity of sorts if camaraderie is your goal. Sans hazing, of course.

Hannibal

Postby Hannibal » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:46 pm

That makes, like, 7 TLSers I know who currently have UIUC at the topic of their list. I wonder if we can conspire to get into the same section.

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:30 pm

Hannibal wrote:
krad wrote:
E: This would be a fun group of ladies plus Hannibal!

:D

krad

Postby krad » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:22 pm

JenDarby wrote:
Hannibal wrote:
krad wrote:
E: This would be a fun group of ladies plus Hannibal!

:D

I'm not trying to be exclusive :( Hannibal you know I <3 ya!

anthropologieaddict

Postby anthropologieaddict » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:27 pm

Hannibal wrote:That makes, like, 7 TLSers I know who currently have UIUC at the topic of their list. I wonder if we can conspire to get into the same section.

I'm definitely attending so I would love to get in on this conspiring to get in the same section deal! :D

OfficialWheelman

Postby OfficialWheelman » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:36 pm

anthropologieaddict wrote:
Hannibal wrote:That makes, like, 7 TLSers I know who currently have UIUC at the topic of their list. I wonder if we can conspire to get into the same section.

I'm definitely attending so I would love to get in on this conspiring to get in the same section deal! :D

Same here! I'm an ED admit of sorts (long story), so I'm already set to attend Illinois. Anyone attending the February open house?

masochist

Postby masochist » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:49 pm

OfficialWheelman wrote:
anthropologieaddict wrote:

Same here! I'm an ED admit of sorts (long story), so I'm already set to attend Illinois. Anyone attending the February open house?

Don't leave me out! :)

UIUC alternates with Duke and UT Austin for the top of my list depending upon vagaries of my competing anxieties.

Oh, and I am also going to the Feb ASD.

krad

Postby krad » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:59 pm

Masochist your tar makes me chuckle every time I see it pop up :)

E: iPhone autocorrect, whoops!

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:30 am

krad wrote:
JenDarby wrote:

Yes and yes :D

FWIW: Yall can all have your own section. I'll be in the less competitive one, thanks :) But we can all still be drankin buddies!! BBQ & Keg @ my house every Sunday!

Hannibal

Postby Hannibal » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:33 am

Barbie wrote:
krad wrote:
JenDarby wrote:

FWIW: Yall can all have your own section. I'll be in the less competitive one, thanks :) But we can all still be drankin buddies!! BBQ & Keg @ my house every Sunday!

I hope you're serious.

BTW, there's a Chipotle in Champaign. Pretty sure my fate is sealed at this point.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:45 am

Hannibal wrote:
Barbie wrote:
krad wrote:Duh twin!! :) It's topping my list so far...

I hope you're serious.

BTW, there's a Chipotle in Champaign. Pretty sure my fate is sealed at this point.

I'm SO serious. I love having BBQs, and I looove cooking for big groups of people, and I looove beer.

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:30 am

Barbie wrote:I'm SO serious. I love having BBQs, and I looove cooking for big groups of people, and I looove beer.

I love attending BBQs, eating delicious food cooked by others, and providing (and drinking) beer to make up for my subpar cooking skills. I'm already excited.

KingRajesh

Postby KingRajesh » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:55 am

I just got my USB today... It really pushed Illinois higher on my list. :)

softsgalore

Postby softsgalore » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:04 am

After some discussion with a federal judge I know who works for a district court in the state of Illinois, Illinois Law is now my #1 pick (because I'm pretty sure I can come away with a clerkship). I want in on this section as well.

mez06

Postby mez06 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:07 am

Barbie wrote:
Hannibal wrote:
Barbie wrote:
krad wrote:Duh twin!! :) It's topping my list so far...

I hope you're serious.

I'm SO serious. I love having BBQs, and I looove cooking for big groups of people, and I looove beer.

LOL I guess you're bringing the South to the Midwest! I shall start exercising my throwing motion for the tournament of pongs--beer.

sojasoph

Postby sojasoph » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:23 am

in-40K/year no stip. yay

krad

Postby krad » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:37 am

TT took a turn in the BEST direction last eve! BBQs, beer, TLS section, nice! :)

thelaststraw05

Postby thelaststraw05 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:10 am

krad wrote:TT took a turn in the BEST direction last eve! BBQs, beer, TLS section, nice! :)

I do think that the BBQ and beer sound like good ideas, but I think the TLS section sounds dangerous. Given that it is all graded on a curve AND we all want to be friends, I think setting it up such that one of us succeeding drags others down is NOT ideal.

pereira6

Postby pereira6 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:13 am

thelaststraw05 wrote:
krad wrote:TT took a turn in the BEST direction last eve! BBQs, beer, TLS section, nice! :)

I do think that the BBQ and beer sound like good ideas, but I think the TLS section sounds dangerous. Given that it is all graded on a curve AND we all want to be friends, I think setting it up such that one of us succeeding drags others down is NOT ideal.

Agreed, TLS should be at the top of each section!

Kinderby

Postby Kinderby » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:42 am

Missing the BBQs is going to be the most heartbreaking thing about getting dinged here. :) (If I get dinged. But I'm trying to be realistic here.)

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:44 am

Barbie-Q's! :D
I'm buying the husband a new smoker for a wedding present ;)

OfficialWheelman

Postby OfficialWheelman » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:50 am

Barbie wrote:

Barbie-Q's! :D

In addition to BBQs, I've heard that the law school throws a barn dance sometime in the fall for students. Now all us kids can play cowboy!

krad

Postby krad » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:54 am

Barbie wrote:Barbie-Q's! :D

Haha!!

OfficialWheelman wrote:In addition to BBQs, I've heard that the law school throws a barn dance sometime in the fall for students. Now all us kids can play cowboy!

Ahhh love it

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:55 am

krad wrote:
Barbie wrote:Barbie-Q's! :D

Haha!!

OfficialWheelman wrote:In addition to BBQs, I've heard that the law school throws a barn dance sometime in the fall for students. Now all us kids can play cowboy!

Ahhh love it

Bah. I already have a perfect outfit! I leave tomorrow morning for Illinois ahhhhh <3 <3 <3

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”