Illinois 2011 applicants!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pereira6

Re: Illinois 2011 applicants!

Postby pereira6 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:15 pm

Got my present! Classy USB fo sho

KingRajesh

Postby KingRajesh » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:47 pm

I got my acceptance letter last week, but no USB? D:

In with 30k. :)

Hannibal

Postby Hannibal » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:01 pm

KingRajesh wrote:I got my acceptance letter last week, but no USB? D:

USB comes later.

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:37 pm

Hannibal wrote:
KingRajesh wrote:I got my acceptance letter last week, but no USB? D:

USB comes later.

I finally got mine, I was impressed even by the envelope. I wish I had 30k/year instead of 25k though. :(

bball25

Postby bball25 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:52 pm

Im sure this has already been answered, but how long after receiving an acceptance email does it take to get the package.

1evilo.aihpos

Postby 1evilo.aihpos » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:56 pm

in, usb and $40k a year but I broke the box the usb comes in. Man that thing was hard to open.

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:04 pm

1evilo.aihpos wrote:in, usb and $40k a year but I broke the box the usb comes in. Man that thing was hard to open.

:? magnets can be tricky. :D

softsgalore

Postby softsgalore » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:16 am

See, there's why Dean Pless ought to raise my scholly. Not only can I do pretty okay work on standardized tests, I'm also street smart: I can open magnetic boxes on the first try. Clearly I am some sort of god whose combination of academic and practical skills will render me unbeatable in law school.

giddybiscuit

Postby giddybiscuit » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:21 am

Got the e-mail on Friday with a tempting $$$ offer. Fun times!

krad

Postby krad » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:10 pm

Okay, here's to being honest: I didn't do too much research when I was applying, but now that I'm in with serious $ I'm really (albeit somewhat surprisingly) excited! Anyone else have this happen? I mean, $30k/yr is a LOT of $... I will definitely be visiting sometime in the coming months :D

Lwoods

Postby Lwoods » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:45 pm

krad wrote:Okay, here's to being honest: I didn't do too much research when I was applying, but now that I'm in with serious $ I'm really (albeit somewhat surprisingly) excited! Anyone else have this happen? I mean, $30k/yr is a LOT of $... I will definitely be visiting sometime in the coming months :D

I didn't get quite as much $$ as you, but I was still delightfully surprised. I thought my LSAT would mean a rejection!

Are you visiting during the February ASD or another time? Weather permitting (I hate driving in bad weather), I think I'm going to attend the 2/25 ASD.

Congrats!
Last edited by Lwoods on Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:47 pm

Lwoods wrote:
krad wrote:Okay, here's to being honest: I didn't do too much research when I was applying, but now that I'm in with serious $ I'm really (albeit somewhat surprisingly) excited! Anyone else have this happen? I mean, $30k/yr is a LOT of $... I will definitely be visiting sometime in the coming months :D

I didn't get quite as much $$ as you, but I was still delightfully surprised. I thought my LSAT would mean a rejection!
Are you visiting during the February ASD or another time? Weather permitting (I hate driving in bad weather), I think I'm going to attend the 2/25 ASD.

Congrats!

Thisssss <3 <3 <3 I leave Thursday for my visit, and tour on Friday-- so expect a TON of pictures from me that night. Also, I've never driven in snow (haven't even seen it since I was 8y.o) and have to drive in it from Indianapolis to Champaign! Any tips?

krad

Postby krad » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:49 pm

Lwoods wrote:

Are you visiting during the February ASD or another time? Weather permitting (I [b]hate[/b] driving in bad weather), I think I'm going to attend the 2/25 ASD.

Congrats!

Congrats to you too L! I'm DEF going to visit, but I'm not sure when. The bummer is that I'm flying to Chi with the SO to visit his family and we land 2/25 in the evening after work :| I'm looking at potentially changing flights, but he can't (and they're his Mom's xmas gift to us) so it will probably not happen...

E: To Barbie- DRIVE SLOW and leave stopping distance. If it's nasty, speed is your #1 enemy, especially if it's icy <guh>. YAY for visiting and PICS!

Lwoods

Postby Lwoods » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:58 pm

krad wrote:Congrats to you too L! I'm DEF going to visit, but I'm not sure when. The bummer is that I'm flying to Chi with the SO to visit his family and we land 2/25 in the evening after work :| I'm looking at potentially changing flights, but he can't (and they're his Mom's xmas gift to us) so it will probably not happen...

E: To Barbie- DRIVE SLOW and leave stopping distance. If it's nasty, speed is your #1 enemy, especially if it's icy <guh>. YAY for visiting and PICS!

Thanks! I hope you can make it on the 25th. I haven't figured out all the logistics yet. My parents live near the Illinois border in Indiana, so I'm not sure if I should stay in UC or drive to their place.

And yes, drive slowly, Barbie! Luckily the drive from Indy to UC is very straightforward, so just remember slow and steady wins the race. And if you see any other cars with foolish drivers, let them pass you and leave a good car length or two between you.

Have fun! :D

krad

Postby krad » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:36 pm

L, if you, Barbie, and I end up at UIUC, I think we would all be good friends :)

OfficialWheelman

Postby OfficialWheelman » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:44 pm

Lwoods wrote:
krad wrote:Congrats to you too L! I'm DEF going to visit, but I'm not sure when. The bummer is that I'm flying to Chi with the SO to visit his family and we land 2/25 in the evening after work :| I'm looking at potentially changing flights, but he can't (and they're his Mom's xmas gift to us) so it will probably not happen...

Thanks! I hope you can make it on the 25th. I haven't figured out all the logistics yet. My parents live near the Illinois border in Indiana, so I'm not sure if I should stay in UC or drive to their place.

And yes, drive slowly, Barbie! Luckily the drive from Indy to UC is very straightforward, so just remember slow and steady wins the race. And if you see any other cars with foolish drivers, let them pass you and leave a good car length or two between you.

The state police are always on the lookout for speeders. They have Dodge Chargers with hemi engines and won't pass on the opportunity to rev their engines. Slow and steady is very sage advice. :)

I've been lurking the TLS forums long enough and figured I'd add to the lovely Illinois forum. Hope to see a bunch of you next month!

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:03 pm

OfficialWheelman wrote:
Lwoods wrote:

The state police are always on the lookout for speeders. They have Dodge Chargers with hemi engines and won't pass on the opportunity to rev their engines. Slow and steady is very sage advice. :)

I've been lurking the TLS forums long enough and figured I'd add to the lovely Illinois forum. Hope to see a bunch of you next month!

Also the speed limit on most highways in Illinois are 55-65 mph so the temptation to speed is super high.

krad

Postby krad » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:08 pm

Flips88 wrote:Also the speed limit on most highways in Illinois are 55-65 mph so the temptation to speed is super high.

<reconsiders previous posts on excitement over UIUC>

Kinderby

Postby Kinderby » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:10 pm

krad wrote:
Flips88 wrote:Also the speed limit on most highways in Illinois are 55-65 mph so the temptation to speed is super high.

lol

I'm going to be a nervous wreck next Friday.

krad

Postby krad » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:14 pm

Kinderby wrote:
krad wrote:

lol

I'm going to be a nervous wreck next Friday.

:) I have a little bit of what we like to call a lead foot... Luckily in CO many areas are >55-65mph.

Good luck next week!

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:17 pm

krad wrote:

I've driven to Chicago and back 5 or 6 times and never gotten a ticket and I was probably going 70 or 75 out of habit.

Edit: Speed limit on the turnpike in OK is 75, so going 80 or so is normal.

BackToTheOldHouse

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:57 pm

Does the file on the USB drive work on Macs?

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:59 pm

krad wrote:L, if you, Barbie, and I end up at UIUC, I think we would all be good friends :)

Right now UIUC is my first choice, largely thanks to their generosity, be my friends too? :wink:

Lwoods

Postby Lwoods » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:01 pm

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:Does the file on the USB drive work on Macs?

Yes. :)

krad: definitely!

Jen: of course!

I've actually never driven in Illinois, only Ohio and Indiana. Ohio's top speed limit is 65; Indiana's is 70. So on a cross country road-trip, Indiana can spoil you either way it seems!

krad

Postby krad » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:08 pm

JenDarby wrote:
krad wrote:L, if you, Barbie, and I end up at UIUC, I think we would all be good friends :)

Right now UIUC is my first choice, largely thanks to their generosity, be my friends too? :wink:

Duh twin!! :) It's topping my list so far...

E: This would be a fun group of ladies!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”